Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother Canada Statue

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mother Canada Statue - Page 2 Empty Re: Mother Canada Statue

Post by Teentitan Sat 13 Jun 2015, 13:37

Ditto!

I think it is a very important monument for those who paid the supreme sacrifice. It's Canada's way of saying we have not forgotten you.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Mother Canada Statue - Page 2 Empty Some Mother Canada patrons 'unwavering' in support

Post by Kramer Sat 13 Jun 2015, 13:17

I have to add my 2 cents.

I have a couple of points: It kills me when some topics don't even involve others how they have to get involved, this is like the do-gooders who try to censor what we watch. For me it is a super easy fix.....if you don't like what is on TV or you find it offensive,,,,,change the gall darn channel. Don't try to impose your views/values on me. If you live in B.C. Ont......this does not affect you, you cannot see it from your window, keep your eyes on your own plate.

Secondly who cares who is supporting what. I do not care if you are the Queen of Sheeba or whoever, you are no better than I or the next person, except you may have a louder voice, deeper pockets and more media exposure. Because your name is Peter Mansbridge or an ex PM, doesn't mean you get 999 more votes than the next person or are any more privileged or blessed to be part of a group you are supporting.

With this monument, it is nice when Canadians want to honour and recognize fellow Canadians. If something turns out to be not so well received, it is not like it will ever be a permanent fixture, just look at Target, it cost wayyyyyy more to move. Recognition can be a good thing when it is done with the best of intentions.

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum