Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claim Wait Times

4 posters

Go down

Claim Wait Times  Empty Re: Claim Wait Times

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jul 2015, 18:05

Been waiting since Nov.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 30 Jun 2015, 19:44

Thanks Newf, I feel your pain. I was wondering if it was just me. But I take it anyone now with a new claim or appeal/review are in the same sit. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Tue 30 Jun 2015, 18:16

I have a number of claims in the process and it has been at stage three for decision going on 17 weeks.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 30 Jun 2015, 16:07

Rex come on that's Common Dog F***!! They would never do that but you never know the changes they are talking about should start to take effect hopefully within the next couple months....at the latest of course!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 30 Jun 2015, 15:49

Well this doesn't fill me with a whole lot of confidence in getting an answer any time soon. My reassessment is sitting at only 14 weeks, even though it took them over a month just to send the completed medical questionnaire to PEI from the Halifax office.

I think that there should be two departments at the adjudication level. One that determines entitlement, manned with a larger number of staff, due to the complexity of reading and interpreting med docs and accident reports, and a second smaller department solely determining the level of disability, based on the medical questionnaires, because the level of disability is based completely on the reported symptoms, recorded in the questionnaire, and comparing them to the Table of Disabilities. A person's level of disability could be determined withing a few minutes or hours, and then left pending until the other departments review was complete. And in cases where the entitlement has already been confirmed, the Veteran wouldn't have to wait four months for an answer.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 30 Jun 2015, 10:44

According to the Deputy Minister of VAC, Walt Natynzk, the adjudicators are swamped.

That's why changes are happening at VAC in PEI. They have hired more staff to work on the claims. The adjudicators have a CWO and a RN at their disposal and if that is not enough they have been ordered to pick up the phone and call the applicant. FYI this has upset some of the employees at VAC, imagine that?

Now in my opinion PSAC is playing silly bugger with the GoC. There seems to be too many 'problems' in departments and this is equivalent to a strike. There is no pride in the job with some PSAC employees and those with pride are being falsely accused of not caring and working to meet their, for lack of a better description, quota.

This is the crap we have to put up with and until a mass majority of these individuals are shown the door we are never going to truly get a decent turn around time on applications.

Over the next year this back log of applications is supposed to be under control. Time will tell but some advice for applicants....keep calling. Every week if need be. Ask the NCCN to connect you to the adjudicators office to help explain your application. Get you CM to check on your application.

Maybe if we start calling they will start working???
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Claim Wait Times  Empty Claim Wait Times

Post by johnny211 Mon 29 Jun 2015, 17:24

I was wondering if there is anyone else who is now or have been well over the 16 wks estimated finish time for a claim, review, etc? I had one that just
got finished at 19 wks, and another that is at 20 wks now. When I inquire about them I am told all the adjucators are swamped. Any
thoughts? VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down