Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC Rehab program

+10
robleggett
bog6
Vet1234
Teager
rigger/fitter
pinger
bigrex
Dannypaj
johnny211
czerv
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

VAC Rehab program Empty Re: VAC Rehab program

Post by bog6 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:10

so that is .15 plus the rate in appendix A of 19.5 for ontario?

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tactical Snoopy Sun 17 Dec 2017, 11:39

bog6 wrote:Hi , does anyone know of the mileage rate they pay for travelling by car to school for the Vocational rehab?

VAC's Km Rate
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/2130#anchor57400

Daily Transportation
VAC may pay for the applicable costs associated with daily commuting to the training facility during the training period as follows:
when a participant uses a private vehicle, at a rate equal to the greater of:

• 15 cents per kilometre; and

• the applicable lower kilometric rate as set out in Appendix A of the Commuting Assistance Directive published by the National Joint Council of the Public Service of Canada.

• when public transport is used, the cost of such transport, including such public transport costs as:
    rail, ferry, bus, subway or taxi fares or passes;
    road and bridge tolls; and

• park and drive services.

Sisip's Km Rate
https://www.sisip.com/en/Insurance/Long-Term-Disability/Vocational-Rehabilitation-Program

Travel Assistance (TA) for private motor vehicles will be reimbursed at 22 cents per kilometer.

• The distance used is to be the shortest route from the claimants' residence to the appropriate campus;

• TA will not exceed $550 per month. Any changes will be approved by the assigned VRP counsellor; and

• The allowance may be paid at the end of each month.

Tactical Snoopy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-12-17

http://tacticode.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Sun 17 Dec 2017, 11:23

Hi , does anyone know of the mileage rate they pay for travelling by car to school for the Vocational rehab?

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Tue 21 Nov 2017, 15:45

Thanks BinRat. Not sure if it is worth having LTD (not SISIP). Might be better to find a way off of this LTD and go straight to ELB.

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 21 Nov 2017, 15:30

this is from a post 6608 posted which was in that RISB link I posted above, but take note of Prescribed Source Para G
From reading that your company policy from what I read would fall under that one.

Retirement Income Security Benefit

Amount of benefit
(4) Subject to the regulations, the monthly amount of the retirement income security benefit that is payable to a veteran shall be determined in accordance with the formula
(A + B) – C
where
A
is 70% of the earnings loss benefit to which the veteran would be entitled for the month in which they attain the age of 65 years, calculated as if the benefit were payable for that entire month and not taking into account amounts that are payable to the veteran from prescribed sources referred to in subsection 19(1);
B
is 70% of the permanent impairment allowance, including any increase to it under subsection 38(3), payable to the veteran for the month in which they attain the age of 65 years; and
C
is the total amount that is payable to the veteran for a month from prescribed sources.

prescribed sources

SOR/2015-197, s. 3.
46.3 (1) The following sources are prescribed for the purposes of the description of variable C in subsections 40.1(4) and 40.2(4) of the Act:
(a) benefits payable under the Canadian Forces Superannuation Act, the Public Service Superannuation Act or the Employment Insurance Act;

(b) benefits payable under Part I of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act;

(c) benefits payable under the Canada Pension Plan or the Act Respecting the Québec Pension Plan;

(d) benefits payable under the Old Age Security Act;

(e) earnings loss benefits and permanent impairment allowance payable under the Act including any increase to the allowance under subsection 38(3) of the Act;

(f) long-term disability benefits payable under the Service Income Security Insurance Plan Long Term Disability (LTD);

(g) benefits payable under any employer-sponsored long-term disability insurance plan;

(h) benefits payable in respect of economic loss under the Government Employees Compensation Act or any provincial workers’ compensation legislation;

(i) amounts payable under an employer pension plan; and

(j) employment earnings.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Tue 21 Nov 2017, 08:09

Good piece of info Nemo. I have (T)ELB but it is reduced by the amount that I receive from a company LTD policy (not SISIP LTD). Not sure how RISB will be calculated at 65 (with or without reduction).

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Tue 21 Nov 2017, 03:02

You don't have to be on ELB for the RISB. You can be a Sisip client without ELB and you would qualify.

Eligibility details RISB
Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces who:

have reached age 65, and;
are eligible for a disability benefit, and;
were eligible for the Earnings Loss Benefit at the age of 65 as a result of being totally and permanently incapacitated, or;
were eligible for SISIP LTD on or after April 1, 2006.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Mon 20 Nov 2017, 18:19

Yes there is a lot to Learn, and we here have most of the answer's, but not all..

But feel free to ask any question or concern you have and someone should be able to direct you in the right direction and or post a link to where you can get / find your answer..

And welcome to the Forums by the way..

BinRat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Mon 20 Nov 2017, 07:59

Thanks BinRat. Makes sense too me now. I am very new to VAC and didn't realize how much there is to understand and absorb.

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Mon 20 Nov 2017, 03:18

Rather then placing a 2 year date on it, and or another date, they could go way past a specific date, and would have to again go back in and change it once again, to a future date, and which they dont know what date to add or how far to add.
So by placing everyone to the last year they could get ELB/EELB then if an when it is no longer needed, it's easier to cancel that date then to keep adding time to a shorter date.

And when you hit 65, cause thats the date everyone gets when they get on it, once you hit 65 you go onto the RISB
see this thread here on that,
https://csat.forumotion.com/t4079-retirement-income-security-benefit

Which is the Retirement Income security Benefit which will be reduced Your ELB/EELB to 70% of what you are/were getting off ELB/EELB.

So hypothetically if you are on ELB and getting $100,000 a year, once you go onto / into the RISB program you'll then only get $70,000

Now thats just for ELB/EELB as per that thread, this was a new program brought in by Conservatives and we didn't or don't know anyone on it, or how many people are now, or exactly how it works, IE deductions, Limits whichever...

The one point tho, is you must be on ELB/EELB at the age of 65 to be converted over to the RISB.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Sun 19 Nov 2017, 19:39

I mean 2024 not 2014.

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog Sun 19 Nov 2017, 19:38

Robleggett,

I am new to this site and noticed your question wrt temporary ELB end date. I am temp ELB and have an end date of 2014 (65 years old). I have applied for CIA (not the sup) and haven't heard back to date. Still in voc rehab. Not sure why there is an end date of 2014. Did you ever receive a reply from Bigrex or find out the answer on your own?

AirLog
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

VAC Rehab program Empty TPI and EELB

Post by robleggett Mon 27 Feb 2017, 11:38

bigrex wrote:As long as you have been deemed TPI, you will continue to get the ELB until age 65, and RISB after that. The fastest way to tell, is log onto your VAC My Account, and it will list your current benefits. EELB is the only benefit with an actual end date, which should be your 65th birthday. I've gone through the same situation. I've been on ELB for several years, and my wife is in the last few moths of a two year course, paid for by VAC.

bigrex, saw your post and went and checked my vac account, under temporary earnings loss (ELB) mine is like you say, it has an end date and is my birthdate, when I hit 65

but I have not been classed as TPI yet?

robleggett
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Feb 2017, 14:09

Trooper wrote:What is a rehabilitation plan?

Your rehabilitation plan is developed by you and your case manager. Your family is encouraged to take part in developing your plan.

To achieve a successful outcome, the plan will identify:

your goals;
the services and benefits you will need to reach your goals;
local service providers to help you achieve those goals; and
a timeframe to complete your plan.

How is that done?

Your VAC case manager will work with you and your family to help you identify your rehabilitation goals, taking into consideration your health problem. The ultimate goal for you and your case manager is the successful completion of your rehabilitation plan as this will best help you adjust to life at home, in your community or at work.

You and your case manager will build a plan to achieve your goals. The plan will outline the services you need to reach your goals (e.g. physiotherapy, pain management, addictions counseling, occupational therapy) and provide a timeframe for completing your plan.

During your participation in your rehabilitation plan, your case manager, health professionals and other professionals will help you improve your health to the fullest extent possible and pursue your vocational goals.

Your plan is complete when you have reached all of the identified goals, to the extent possible.

You are the key to your plan’s success!

A successful rehabilitation plan is the result of the partnership between you, your case manager and the health professionals working with you.

Throughout the lifetime of your plan, it is very important to communicate. Providing timely and complete information about yourself and any challenges you are facing is critical. Share this information whenever you meet with your case manager, the health professionals providing services to you, and anyone else involved in helping you reach your rehabilitation goals.

From start to finish, your VAC case manager will:

work closely with you and your family;
help identify information and services you may need;
coordinate between you, your health professionals, and other service providers;
respect your privacy and the confidentiality of your information;
help you develop support networks; and
monitor, evaluate and discuss your progress on a regular basis.

NOTE:

Plans are time limited – Your rehabilitation plan has a beginning and an end date.
Full Participation is expected - Failure to do so could affect the progress and continuation of your program.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/transition/rehabilitation/plan
Do you think writing a book about your experience(s) as therapy would be acceptable by VAC`s guidelines?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next