Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help!!! ASAP

+2
Teentitan
prawnstar
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I need help!!! ASAP - Page 2 Empty Re: I need help!!! ASAP

Post by Guest Thu 13 Aug 2015, 15:01

OVO e-mail     info@ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca

There's also an online complaints form you can fill an send to the OVO  -  http://www.ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca/eng/contac

If your looking for fast action contact this guy ; peter.stoffer@parl.gc.ca 1-902- 861-2311

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Thu 13 Aug 2015, 13:51

UPDATE My telecon scheduled for 11 this morning was cancelled because someone could not be present. I told the lady who been very helpful and understands my case to forget about re-scheduling. I am done dealing with these fools. I have the email addy for Minister O'Toole but can't find any for other senior members of Vac and the OVO himself. I want this to go via email so they get it right away then I can follow up with letters if they want. Any help finding contact info for the VAC upper echelon is greatly appreciated. If it wasn't for the fact I don't want the publicity I would also contact the CBC.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Aug 2015, 09:39

not a problem prawn . the e-mails are a great idea . let us know how you make out buds we are hopping for the best.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Wed 12 Aug 2015, 18:04

Thanks Propat. I sent a copy of the letter I received from DND pension office explaining exactly what they had deducted and why. These knobs have a copy on my file. I am drafting an email that will hit all senior levels of VAC after my phone call tomorrow.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 17:55

WOW what a fracking run around . like teen said get all the names and numbers . now look at your overpayment dates they should be on one of your recovery notices probably the first.

next call the CFSA pension again getting a name and numbers and ask them for the amount of pension payed to you during that period minus there bridge recovery. wright that down and ask them to send you a statement as such as well. then ask them if they are willing to participate in a conference call with DVA .

at that point you should be ready for the DVA call .

I would imagine the amount subtracted by DVA for your CFSA amount will not jive you will point that out hopefully with the CFSA guy on the conference call to back that and following that up with a copy of what CFSA sends you.

that really is more than they should need but then again these guys sound like idiots .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 12 Aug 2015, 17:54

Hey prawn, We hear you. Hang onto your hat in the stormy weather. Must be hard to do with a conference call you got tomorrow... never had one myself.
Short of a face to face, names and numbers like teen mentioned.

Keep your head, and don't go off half-cocked. I may not be in your particulars yet...but know your frustrations like others around here.
"I had not touched the CPPD money " Smart move. Same reason I don't touch my eelb in case I get fracked over sometime soon'
Sorry for not helping more. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 12 Aug 2015, 17:52

At the end of the day, ELB is supposed to top you up to 75%, regardless of what deductions are made. So if after the 6K paid back to DND, and if any repayment to VAC, puts you below that 75% mark, then there is a problem.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Aug 2015, 17:46

prawnstar , the way in which I understand what you have written an correct me anytime is that the explanation statement you received from VAC is telling you simply that they made a mistake an over charged you 6+k , so instead of the full 19k owing , it now is 19k - 6+k which in turn results in you now owing them 12+ k.

So yes on paper you would initially owe them 19k , but now that they admit their mistake , the new paper amount now should be 12+k that is now owed to them by you.

Someone is miss reading - or miss understanding something here.

This has to be explain I think in your call tomorrow , also your initial payment of $350.00 a Month for 54 Months is also of concern as that amount reflects the initial amount of 19k , the amount has to be changed to reflect the 12+k.

Bottom line is that if they say you owe 19k an they also say they applied the 6+k to that 19k , they basically told you in that explanation that your balance owing is now 12+k.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 12 Aug 2015, 16:37

Get everyone's name and ID number. Get telephone numbers. Tell them you have an OVO investigator looking into this matter and you will not make a decision until he is finished his investigation.

Personally you should have broken even or maybe $100 in your pocket. That's the way it worked out for me.

Remember....names, contact phone numbers and no decision until the OVO looks into the math.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

I need help!!! ASAP - Page 2 Empty I need help!!! ASAP

Post by prawnstar Wed 12 Aug 2015, 16:32

I posted the following back on the 2nd of March. Since then I have been trying to get this effen mess straightened out. I have received NO HELP from OVO whatsoever. It seems every time I call the "investigator" with my case is not there. I have written letters to VAC central processing centre and was told the 6K that CFSA took to payback the bridging portion of CFSA is not factored into their recovery of of ELB overpayment. Once again I am asking for help from the inside here guys. I have a conference call tomorrow morning with VAC and I need some ammo. I still can't believe this whole thing that everybody said I had to do it and it winds up costing me over 7K.
Simple math here. CPPD gives me 18,000, DND takes 6K which leaves 12K VAC takes 18,900 which equals minus 6,900. It does not matter what the reason is the math does not add up unless it's VAC math which always works in their favour.

This is what is going on with me. I posted this in another topic. Waiting for OVO to conduct an investigation.
UPDATE
So I got a letter from VAC stating I owed them almost 19k from the 18k I received from CPPD. Their math sucks. DND recovered the bridging portion of my pension which was 6k. I informed VAC of this and they said I still owe them almost 19k which they started recovery action at $350 a month for the next 54 months. I demanded an explanation so they sent me this statement of benefits form that you need a CPA to read. They stated they had made a mistake and they owed me over 6k. Logically one would think OK DND took off 6k VAC takes 12 which would equal the 18k I got from CPPD. WRONG. They still say I owe them almost 19k and took the 6k they said they owed me and applied it to the almost 19k they initially said I owed them. WTF is going on here. I keep getting facked around by these effen knobs. I had not touched the CPPD money so I paid out DND right away and told VAC I wanted to liquidate the amount I "owed" them in one payment which was just under 19k. So the 18k from CPPD winds up costing me almost 25k. No I am not kidding or losing my mind but I am about to blow a gasket here. Tired of dealing with these aholes and getting me all facked up. i have filed a complaint with the OVO. How long does it usually take to get an answer from them? Another thing is this one time payment of $1445.54 I have received TWICE. So I will repay that before they even notice they facked up. Fed up with this crap. This CPPD thing has caused me so much anxiety I wish I hadn't gotten it. I know it will benefit me at 65 but in the meantime WTF can I do

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2