Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 2 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 18:44

Other then following MVA Hehr's facebook page, there is little to no news on the Veteran file in the media.
I find the notion of following a facebook page as a means to get information on our Veteran issues to be rather demoralizing.

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 2 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by prawnstar Thu 14 Jan 2016, 18:36

sparrow is the "early bird".

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 14 Jan 2016, 18:35

Sparrow, wow you are on the ball, grl. I just pasted it here myself and was about to post,,lol. Its a bit of an update, but not really..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jan 2016, 18:32

On Kent Hehr's facebook page there are posts from several Veterans who are disillusioned with the system and in turn with the MVA's perceived lack of action on the mandate. In response to those concerned Veterans, MVA Kent Hehr posted this evening on facebook the following message.

I understand your frustrations with VAC. I've heard it here on this page, but also in my phone calls with veterans, one on one with stakeholder groups, the 100,000+ constituents of Calgary Centre, and in meetings with individuals across this country. I've been to 9 ctiies, 5 countries (visitng the troops in eastern Europe as part of my Associate Minister of Defence portfolio), and clocked some 3,7000 km since October 20th, much to do with veterans.

My ministry is delivering on our commitments with Canadians, and you'll find updates on this page. Of the 400 committed new hires being brought aboard as I dictate this message. You'll also see that the 9 Veterans Affairs offices are being brought back online in the next 11 months.

As per my mandate letter, my ministry is at work on these different promises as laid out by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. I understand the need to move aggressively on these issues, and it's a tall order to fill. I am positive with the team we're assembling in the ministry and that with the work we'll be doing in the future we'll do it.

KH

https://www.facebook.com/kenthehrj/?fref=ts&ref=br_tf

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 14 Jan 2016, 00:21

I can't help but wonder what some GoC folks are thinking about re-instating lifelong pensions these days... " Were damned if we do it, and were damned if we don't do it "
Hell if it really IS rocket science, they could ask Marc Garneau for his 2 cents.

But along with all the items in the MVA mandate letter, to hear nothing at all is appalling.
Makes no sense to me at all. Makes waiting for the budget a little unnerving as well.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 13 Jan 2016, 17:30

Time is up shit or get of the pot no more excuses just put out a sit rep transparent my fracking arse this is the same bull we have been fed by other MVA's need we have to be reminded just my thought

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jan 2016, 16:56

Interesting point of view Bras....I agree that the lifelong pension should be done right an will take a bit of time to implement but only to a certain degree..by this I mean a set timeline to implement it...this set timeline should not exceed past the spring of 2017 at the very latest an this date is pushing it to it's limits.
There's no doubt that if done properly it's going to cost !
But the words coming from our MVA is " Whatever it cost " he is saying he wants to implement things at whatever the cost...so that leaves me to believe that his team is going to look at the best way to bring back the lifelong pension...but apparently now we are learning that they want to first know what exactly it means - or what was meant by groups who were asking to bring back the lifelong pension.
I have a hard time believing that the team does not know what bringing back the lifelong pension means as this is already an has been in place for some time.
Yes it is certainly true that there are several ways in which they can approach this...an this takes time to come to a conclusion in what method they finally decide on...but in reality it is not all that complicated...yes it will cost to get this done but the time in which to get it done should not exceed past the early spring of next year...they are not part of the Mars mission...like some of said before they may have to merge both acts to accomplish this correctly...again this takes time an cost money but this does not take forever to complete...but in my own opinion without proper progress reports it's all speculation...an helps nobody...I only hope that we hear something in the near future on where the lifelong pension stands...I'm going to take a guess an say that Veterans will not stand for being left in the dark when it comes to the lifelong pension....it would be in my view a smart move by our MVA to comment on the progress of the lifelong pension...this would set a good precedence an would better the bond between our MVA an Veterans...to neglect doing this would be the start of setting a bad relationship between us an would go against their own policy of being transparent.
After all I don't think were asking for much when we are simply asking for updates an progress reports.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Wed 13 Jan 2016, 15:49

It is interesting to watch the speed at which things get done. The reason why there are multiple departments is so the government can work on several issues at once. They treat it like," we are pulling jets from the ISIS campaign, we are bringing in refugees, we are going on break." All well and good, but immigration is in charge of refugees. National defence is responsible for ISIS. Veterans affairs is responsible for us. It can be done at the same time as other things.
Does only one department work at a time and the rest are all off?
The thought it needs to be done right is ridiculous. They have the paper work. They have the files. Say; yes we are moving ahead. The questions we are asking are easy to answer. Saying we need to get it right is saying we so regularly do everything wrong this time we need to think about it. It's an excuse for putting it off.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 16:05

Teen , I agree on your timeline for the lifelong pension , I too want it done right....my point is that were not talking about something that takes four years...I'm sure Veterans would not stand waiting four years or longer for this.
Without any solid updates on the lifelong pension progress leaves Veterans scratching their heads wondering what the hell is going on...this is what's bothering...their working on it but who's to say they won't still be working on it well into the next election ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jan 2016, 15:36

Great job, Danny!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 12 Jan 2016, 15:33

Power and Politics at 6:00. Ms. Rosemary Barton will be talking about campaign promises. Wondering if the ones made to Veterans by the Liberals will be discussed on her show??
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 12 Jan 2016, 14:02

The single most important job of having non affiliated vets is to be the proof reader. If said vet doesn't understand what is written it's rifled right back to be done again.

The most transparent thing to do is have it written in plain simple language. A dictionary of words and phrases should also be in the act for referral.

The CIMVHR should have major input on the disability table's as well.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:53

Duly noted Danny.  Thanks for the email.  FYI you can email the show directly any time:  politics@cbc.ca

Kindly,

Audrey, Audience Services, CBC/Radio-Canada

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 8:20 AM, wrote:

a-subject: Veterans
b-comment: When will Rosemary Barton ask what  happened to the VETERANS file and the promises that were made to Veterans from the Liberal Government of Canada during their campaigning? There are plenty of rumors going around and "if" she could interview  Kent Hehr to obtain clarification to settle the rumors it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks  a disgruntle Vet
c-email: dannypaj
current_time: 08:13:46
d-first-name: Danny
d-last-name: J.......
d-location: Halifax
d-province: NS
formid: Programming Feedback
h-encountered-problem: CBC News Network
i-programAirTime_day: 01
i-programAirTime_month: January
i-programAirTime_time: 12:00 AM
i-programAirTime_year: 2016
timestamp: 2016-01-12 08:20:46 EST

I WILL GET THE BALL ROLLING ! ! !
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:52

Just like many other focus groups the stake holders are rarely properly represented. The "I'll say what you want me to say if you give me funding" should not be at the table.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 12 Jan 2016, 11:47

I agree teen. There are some really good advocates out there that are not part of any particular organizations leadership, like Sean Bruyea, John Labelle, and Pat Strogan, among others. This way, they are looking at the issues as a Veteran, and not as a member of the Legion, or VeteransofCanada. I think that VVi would be the only exception to that because the very nature of the site is to be all encompassing, and not putting anyone, or anything, ahead of helping Veterans period. Another aspect of some organizations, is that they may rely on, or hope for funding from the government to conduct business, like the Legion, Wounded Warrior and even VETS Canada.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 37 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next