Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

+16
Brasidas
prawnstar
chillier76
Slaket
Sapper Zodiak
Recon031
johnny211
rucksack031
czerv
Teentitan
Rifleman
Kramer
bigrex
BinRat
Dannypaj
pinger
20 posters

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 35 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 18:32

30% is approx 980.00 $ per month
30% lump sum is 89.000
this is what i have received under old and new all I care is that what ever system they use gives the veteran 980.00 dollars per month at 30% till he dies not 20 or 25 years which they might try to consider as life but till he dies tax free. do the math 980x12=11,700.60 divided by 89.000 =7.57 years at 980.00 per month as to my calculations of when I recieved my lump sum they owe me 8 months back pay at 980.00 per month and then 980x2= 1900.60 would be my new monthly pension instead of just 980.00 for only one just to help you's understand what it should be and it should continue till I die any thing less is BS.

Back to top Go down

Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets - Page 35 Empty Re: Kent Hehr pledges to fix “overlooked” and “bungled” treatment of vets

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 17:40

oh pinger ya can always make me laugh buds don't ever stop . and yup vets week is a good time im hoping to here something this week .

but still as always preparing for the worst .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 17:35

I agree Trooper. I check the internet daily for news reports on Veteran issues especially since Kent Hehr was appointed MVA and I can not find any references to our causes aside from what I posted earlier. I even checked Kent Hehr's Twitter account ~ surprisingly he does have one, and no mention of anything there either. An announcement as to the direction that the MVA is going to take for Veterans would be appropriate due to Remembrance Day and notwithstanding the urgency that change is needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 08 Nov 2015, 17:34

I hear you rifleman, pdq should have been yesterday. A lot of us are fed up, give up, and throw in the towel. So very easily done with all the bull-shyte bureaucracy.
propat... what's taxed and what is not taxed is certainly relevant.
A sad lol here... but I'd rather have my money taxed instead of my mind to the max.
Neither one should be taxed or maxed. Would be even better.
Emphasizing again, liberal promises of life-long pensions ain't PA...
Hey teen... how's your smoking ears?
I expect the worst propat... that way I'm never disappointed.
But who am I talking for here? Not me. After dealing with vac/dva for many years I am fortunate.
Just happen to give a flying rat fxxk for some others.
I hear you as well trooper. But I believe you mentioned and I agree veterans week would be an opportune time for
the new vac minister to speak on his partys promises. We've been off the radar albeit a short time. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 17:31

ya I here ya buds ive been a little worried since the second they got elected buds that's how paranoid I get lol. ill never fully buy it till its done correctly . I think there is a good chance this could get done right a hell of a lot better chance than with any other party that's for sure but we will only know when all the details are out and it gets done .

im hopeing we will here something soon just got word they are already moving forward on another promise they made at breakneck speed . so maybe they are working on our stuff already as well .

all we can do is make it clear what is acceptable to us all and what is not .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 17:20

All I can say is if they try an screw around with this promise , they will have there hands full , full of angry Veterans pointing out just what they have promised.

What has got me a bit upset - or worried is that the Liberals are now in power an we've yet to hear about their intentions towards there promise to reinstate the lifelong pensions.

I'm not asking for it to be implemented yesterday , what I'm asking for is some sort of signal that shows they have a plan in place to actually start the process on this.

Perhaps I'm jumping the gun by saying this as it is early yet , but on the other hand it would be nice to hear a bit more details on their plan to implement this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 17:05

trooper I agree fully I think that's what they are talking about .

what pinger is pointing out they don't specifically mention the PA pension teen quite rightly brought this up before as well .

can they screw us sure they can just gotta give em enough rope and see what happens and go from there .

hope for the best plan for the worst .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 16:38

The way in which I read the promise is twofold , one being the option to either take the lump sum which is in place already an promised by the Liberals to increase that lump sum - two , reinstate the lifelong pension in now given the Veteran the choice to either take the already in place lump sums  - or this reinstated lifelong pension that they have promised to reinstate.

One can only assume that when one uses a word like reinstate , it would mean bringing back something that was already in place.

Now the pension act itself - or be it the PA comes in as a tax free Monthly payment , all the different allowances , VIP , ground keeping an so fort all fall within this pension act , the disability portion of the pension act also falls under the same umbrella ( PENSION ACT ) so in the total of benefits that come from this act which are all tax free an are all lifelong payments , one could easily assume that the PA an the PA pension are the same as they both are lifelong payments - or lifelong pensions , the only difference maybe if one was to have their allowances - or VIP decreased which I have not yet heard of , but even then , the balance would still be of the lifelong pension type.

This " DISABILITY PORTION PART OF THIS PENSION " which differs in the amount compared to the other benefits you receive from the PA PENSION ACT , is the one that I think is what the Liberals meant when they said reinstate the lifelong pensions.
This way they can fulfill their promise by reinstating the lifelong pensions , without reinstating the PENSION ACT itself

Is there another lifelong pension that I don't know of that can be reinstated ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 14:55

I here ya buds but if they start with the you can choose this but we will tax that plus subtract this that and the other thing type BS legislation we have seen in the recent past IT AINT GOONA FLY.

the option of taking the PA pension added to 52.1 of the NVC is the best way to go about this
in my opinion anything else having the same result im sure will be fine as well.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 08 Nov 2015, 14:38

Just a reminder of the Liberal's promise on our file here.

“ We will re-establish lifelong pensions as an option for our injured veterans... “
http://www.liberal.ca/realchange/veterans-pensions/

Not to be misunderstood as re-establishing the PA or the PA pension. That is what I assumed initially some time ago.
Perhaps they should have said something like... “ We will START lifelong pensions as an option for our injured veterans... “ To avoid any confusion in relation to PA.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Sun 08 Nov 2015, 14:36

I've been patient to fracking long and I'm sick and tired of been patient and it's time they sort this file asap for fracks sake just one pissed veteran still waiting for things to get sorted out on this file

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 13:44

ya no trooper if I meant that I would have said bring back the PA as an option .

instead I said bring back THEE PA pension.

the pension at the end there was not an accidental redundancy but actually what I meant.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 13:39

propat when you wrote this " the best way to do this thing as I see it is just offer THEE PA pension as an option

an this "  then they truly are reinstating the pension exactly the way it is "

I interpreted those sentences as you saying reinstating the PA pension.

What I was saying is that they won't be reinstating the PA pension.
They would only reinstate one part of the PA pension , which is not reinstating the PA pension.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Nov 2015, 13:38

I agree Riddick ill give him time but time is a little bit of an issue . so I would really hope to see some significant movement on this by FEB 1st and I don't think that would be unreasonable .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Sun 08 Nov 2015, 13:32

Yes propat....patients are thin and rightfully so.......however Minister Hehr was not involved or to blame and I know we all know this.......but if we expect things from him he should also expect something from us.....respect and fairness must go both ways and be reciprocated.

Veterans have been mistreated far too long, I am sure he knows this and believe he will do something about........I guess...."better late then never" may apply here.

Trust me.......I will jump on the band-wagon when it comes to voicing my concerns about myself and or veteran issues......but I also believe in giving credit when/where credit is due......right now .....I have little choice and will.......wait and see.........actions speak louder than words.

We know the power in "strengths in numbers" can't deny that after seeing the election results!

Riddick
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next