Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TEACHERS TO GET ... LIFETIME SALARY @ 100 % IF MEDICALLY RELEASED ... IT'S IN THEIR NEW CONTRACT APPROVED BY ONTARIO & VETERANS ONLY GET 75 % ??????

3 posters

Go down

TEACHERS TO GET ... LIFETIME SALARY @ 100 % IF MEDICALLY RELEASED ... IT'S IN THEIR NEW CONTRACT APPROVED BY ONTARIO  &  VETERANS ONLY GET 75 % ?????? Empty Re: TEACHERS TO GET ... LIFETIME SALARY @ 100 % IF MEDICALLY RELEASED ... IT'S IN THEIR NEW CONTRACT APPROVED BY ONTARIO & VETERANS ONLY GET 75 % ??????

Post by Guest Wed 11 Nov 2015, 07:57

THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD, YOU JUST GOTTA KNOW HOW TO CUT THROUGH THE PAPER TO MAKE YOUR POINT!

Back to top Go down

TEACHERS TO GET ... LIFETIME SALARY @ 100 % IF MEDICALLY RELEASED ... IT'S IN THEIR NEW CONTRACT APPROVED BY ONTARIO  &  VETERANS ONLY GET 75 % ?????? Empty Re: TEACHERS TO GET ... LIFETIME SALARY @ 100 % IF MEDICALLY RELEASED ... IT'S IN THEIR NEW CONTRACT APPROVED BY ONTARIO & VETERANS ONLY GET 75 % ??????

Post by Teentitan Mon 09 Nov 2015, 13:50

Excellent point about the RCMP trooper! If I remember correctly the RCMP union didn't even take it to the members. It died right on the table when they were presented it.

Power of a union.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 13:36

Tenn , I agree we must bring things up all of the time , the press is the closes thing will ever get to a union.
Look at how the R.C.M.P refused the NVC straight out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 09 Nov 2015, 12:12

One important point to remember about this. The teachers in Ontario have a union which means they have a Collective Bargaigning Agreement with the province.

Veterans are not unionized or have a CBA with the Federal Gov't. So this is why we have to fight the GoC for everything and the appropriate time to bring this up is all the time. With the GoC and the press.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:10

bigrex I agree fully .

trooper i belive the MVA was also given the DMND for some good reasons not sure this is one though .

great thing to go after but as ive said many times this should be next along with the VRAB issue .

for right now i think a lot of plates are full i myself will be concentrating on getting the promises done properly when the right time comes to contact him .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 11:02

Excellent point Recon.....the Liberals have said they will raise the ELB to 90% but did not mention LTD  .

LTD falls under the CDS but once we get Mr. Hehr's contact info we will flood him with request to have the LTD raise to 90% as well , an also ask him to also look into making the LTD & ELB for life for all VETERANS.

It would be a matter for him to speak with the CDS to get this looked at , an perhaps done.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:57

The reality is though, how many teachers are let go for medical reasons? I'm sure that the numbers are drastically lower than the military. Plus there are probably stipulations that it is dependent on being caused by the job, or at least occurred on the job site. I'm sure that they aren't going to pay 100% salary to someone who was injured in a car accident, or while on vacation. Personally, I would like to see ELB/SISIP made for life, even if it had to remain at 75%.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 10:40

Thanks Recon. Good for the teachers and hopefully this could set a precedence when fighting for Veteran rights and benefits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 08:33

well for starters good for them . for us the time is coming someday to fight to get back what we lost . lifetime LTD . not sure about the 100% thing though but it sure would be nice . they sure did a good job negotiating that though. kind of why we need a political action committee .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Nov 2015, 08:30

And I bet they don't have to jump through hoops to get it because they have a union. That is what veterans affairs was originally set up to do for us. So where did things go wrong that they ignore medical documents and become a bunch of denying skull F------...

Back to top Go down

TEACHERS TO GET ... LIFETIME SALARY @ 100 % IF MEDICALLY RELEASED ... IT'S IN THEIR NEW CONTRACT APPROVED BY ONTARIO  &  VETERANS ONLY GET 75 % ?????? Empty TEACHERS TO GET ... LIFETIME SALARY @ 100 % IF MEDICALLY RELEASED ... IT'S IN THEIR NEW CONTRACT APPROVED BY ONTARIO & VETERANS ONLY GET 75 % ??????

Post by Recon031 Mon 09 Nov 2015, 07:52

EVERYONE MUST HAVE A COMMENT ON THIS TOPIC ......

FOR COUNTRY
RETIRED ARMY MASTERSNIPER
DAVE
FAMILY OF ...7...
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum