Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veteran Homelessness / Topics & Posted Articles

+12
Rags
Rifleman
Teentitan
Dannypaj
RCN-Retired
Kramer
prawnstar
bigrex
BinRat
czerv
pinger
ceedee
16 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Veteran Homelessness / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 6 Empty Re: Veteran Homelessness / Topics & Posted Articles

Post by Rifleman Mon 15 Feb 2016, 17:25

Totally agree on that binrat they are blowing smoke up are ass

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Veteran Homelessness / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 6 Empty Re: Veteran Homelessness / Topics & Posted Articles

Post by BinRat Mon 15 Feb 2016, 16:42

"The program has serviced 15 people across the province in the past couple of years"

So in the last couple year, all they have helped is 15 people.. Now they say they HOPE to help 10 - 30 THIS YEAR

Well if it took a couple years say 3 thats 5 people per year, ya right I think they are giving out lip service on this one still

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Feb 2016, 13:16

More Veterans Becoming Homeless

According to the Royal Canadian Legion, an "alarming" number of veterans and RCMP officers are homeless or nearly homeless.
Recent homeless counts in Saskatoon and Regina estimate 8 to 10 per cent of the homeless population are former military members. However, Saskatchewan Command Executive Director Chad Wagner believes because of pride a number of veterans don't come forward, so the numbers could be as high as 15 per cent.
Wagner says the veterans have seen a lot of bad things, so it can be hard to transition back to what civilians would call a normal life.
The Legion's Leave the Streets Behind program has helped 15 homeless or near homeless veterans get their life back together by providing a home, furniture, food, and medicine.
The program has serviced 15 people across the province in the past couple of years, and they hope to help 10 to 30 more veterans this year.
All funds for the program come from poppy purchases.

http://www.saskatoonhomepage.ca/news/local-news/72074-more-veterans-becoming-homeless

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Mon 01 Feb 2016, 22:28

Thanks Kindly Sparrow....

BinRat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Mon 01 Feb 2016, 19:15

Here is the link BinRat
Veteran Homelessness / Topics & Posted Articles - Page 6 12644759_559591744197662_7564772445091891129_n

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Mon 01 Feb 2016, 17:53

Can you please cut and paste some of the highlights since some of us do not / will not do a facebook account

thanks...

BinRat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Mon 01 Feb 2016, 16:56

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/servicesnotsummits?source=feed_text&story_id=559591760864327

good as place as any to stick this 4star hotels etc who the hell pays for all this and how many advocates are out there.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 26 Jan 2016, 19:31

Two years of SISIP and once it ended and being too proud, I worked my deemed disabled body and lived off the wages of a Commissionaire for years sustaining my family while pleading and begging for help from VAC "TRUE STOREY".
My children will never follow in our footstep ( my father and I) any soldier fighting for a government at one point or another has to ask themselves is it worth it.  
Apparently we are all worth it, land, air and sea, but will wait and see.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 26 Jan 2016, 18:51

Two generations of defending our nation! For what ? We opened more offices ? We hired more people ?

Situation update on my file: NOTHING HAPPENED STILL WAITING "OVER"
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 11:51

rags the peacekeeping word was just for ease of understanding that's all just because you are a peacekeeper doesn't mean you are not in a war . not sure about what defines war but for me its armed conflict that's it that's all . just to be clear this would be regardless of the hat you have on your head or what any government chooses to name or define your activities under there direction.

rags I do agree with your assessment of the problem in freddy area . ive only seen one vet in freddy panhandling and I knew he had a place to stay .

I will stop short of saying there is none as it would be very difficult for me to tell for citrine so I would say likely non.

i here its not an issue in Moncton as well but i also here it is in st johns ????

seems strange to me but again just what i here .

wildthing i do agree all vets should come together over all vets issues .

as for the GOC they should be able to walk and chew bubble-gum at the same time . problems from the past present and future do not have to be handled one at a time but simultaneously.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Tue 26 Jan 2016, 09:07

i agree Rags with what you said didn't want a fight just trying to get a point across. goc has been trying to divide vets since the second world war and by trades and gender,race etc it has to stop with this generation.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 26 Jan 2016, 08:52

Excellent advice Rags!
CSAT members all of your post are 100% on the ball.
Why are all these reports coming out now?
Because there was no awareness that this was happening and the ones who knew, either ignored or dismissed the problem all together.
An unmemorable time in history.
I pray that all will be resolved sooner than later.
Respect & Compassion, is it too much to ask?

Further more, EXCELLENT choice on choosing trooper as the forum master!
Congrats and so far your post have been excellent and very well thought through, outstanding!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 26 Jan 2016, 08:02

My only issue in your arguments is one has to be careful how they use the words peace keeping and war. If you follow the definition of war all the conflicts are a level of war. To a soldier there is no use of the word peacekeeping that was coined and used by news media to make ugly messes appear neat and tidy. All conflicts we have been in as Canada have been UN missions.....even Afghanistan and the Gulf War 1 as they were UN missions.
    War....real war if you want to define it is defined and measured by the size of the Army you fight and the weapons they use. What the cut off is to say well thats too small to be a war.........is anybodies call. But to that lone soldier standing watch on a green line that has had no action for months to years to then be over run and have a running gun battle for there position for a few hours.....well that soldier was in his war! And in the opposite a combat team advance to contact chasing 4 or 5 running shoe wearing insurgents with a old grenade and AK 47s and one RPG from 1975 that wont work is not a war to the 100 soldiers who never see them running 2 kms ahead. The LAV Gunner that lights them up from 2000 meters with no fear of being fired back at at that range....well thats that turret gunners war for 5 seconds but for the other 100 guys who never see the enemy that day or the next week just dust are they in a war?
I think we have really screwed up the word WAR and PEACE KEEPING and our understanding of it and its impacts. Yugo and Afghanistan are the best examples of how we dont understand war and peacekeeping and the impacts of those on the soldiers that are the accidental tourists in the middle of it.

The streets are slowly filling up with soldiers that have fought there wars and now find after years of fighting the internal nightmare its now caught up with them. If you pay attention to your neighborhood you know who the homeless are. Keep an eye out ask around find out if one is a vet. Seek them out dont be the do gooder with the holier then though I will save you, like they are a lost dog in the cold. Reach out a hand as a fellow Vet look them in the eye Im a Vet too lets grab a coffee my brother. Then the real work starts.

Fredericton has no vets from my count on the street.......in fact half the people on the street in freddy are just begging change pretending to be homeless.

So keep an eye out ask around pay attention.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Tue 26 Jan 2016, 07:17

I think you guys are in agreement just arguing from a two different perspective the same agreement.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Tue 26 Jan 2016, 06:48

Calm down Propat im in a fog so this will be short and dirrected to all members of csat... not every story starts with long time ago far far away. some start with once apon a time. either way the ending is the same BS.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next