Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Claims Percentages legal signatures

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Claims Percentages legal signatures

Post by Guest on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 18:39

I've never heard of VAC sending anything out with respect to any one Veteran without the Veterans knowledge.
Now with respect to the NVC clients all I can say is that with all the different categories Veterans have to fit in to be approved..anything is possible.

With respect to the PA pre 2006 an having your pension lowered , I can only give an opinion as to how it was explained to me in how I understand it to be.
First off from what I understand Veterans who were receiving benefits pre 2006 would automatically be Grandfathered at whatever percentage of disability they were receiving pre 2006.
From my understanding the pain an suffering disability pension portion of what you were receiving pre 2006 will never be lowered an it is for life...anything above an beyond this pension portion part such as the VIP , Exceptional Incapacity Allowance an so on...could have their grade levels lowered..but here's the thing an this is only from what I was told..it is the Veteran themselves who have to come forward requesting this be lowered as per their improvement in their condition or conditions as it relates to these allowances..like that's ever going to happen.
To BinRat's point I seem to recall the age factor of 55 in one way shape or form but I'm unsure when they say " extent of the disability " are they referring to the pain an suffering pension portion or the allowances associated with the pain an suffering portion part.
I've personally never heard of any Veteran having their pension lowered from the old pension act.

With respect to SISIP an having an investigator , investigate a client this is nothing new within SISIP or any other form of compensation or insurance company which also would include CPPD.
But you have to look at this in the form of who or what type of client would be flagged...one would think that this would take into account the clients condition or conditions for what they are receiving benefits for...it would only make sense that if the clients sole condition is for a back condition...that client would likely be one that may be flagged.
But a client with more then one condition - or condition or conditions that cannot be argued in the way the client lives his everyday life..then it's highly unlikely that they would be flagged for investigation.
In other words it's impossible to be able to prove ones level of disability by just looking at them if the disability is psychological or certain internal injuries which don't affect your daily activities 24/7...but if the injury or condition is solely a condition by itself that restricts movement such as a back injury..then I would think it could very well be flagged.

Different ways to look at all of what I wrote above..but it's simply my opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 16:58

It confuses me also because I was told they can't lower it? Nobody seems to have an answer at vac.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat on Fri 05 Feb 2016, 16:00

Hey..

Actually what I think it might have something to do with is this, or what I was told by the Vac MO in London
I just had a PME, and according to her, my amount might go up, it might not, but whatever it will not be lowered
then what it is under the PA.

Which confuses me all to bits since we know VAC can lower claims under the old pension Act. Unless your 55 as mentioned above

But again, what ticks me off is that the re-assessment of my PA conditions are NOW going to be bases of the
2006 table of disabilities.

So if mine gets raised from 10% monthly to 13% I'll just end up getting a lump sum for 3% paid 5% and no monthly increase
but the 06 table of disabilities is mostly based on Range of Motion now.

Anyhow if and when I get an answer on mine I'll let you all know if what and how they did it

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 22:25

I think it has something to do with the table of disabilities or something because I know someone pre 2006 with PTSD who was reassessed , they said that under the new guidelines  he would have had a lower rate but since he was grandfathered under the old system his pension rate stayed the same, I don't know but I was told I was grandfathered under the old system and nothing will change for me, maybe I'm wrong?

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 21:42

Actually VAC CAN lower your pension pre 2006 unless you are 55 or older and had that rate for 3 years.

Otherwise yes they can reduce your pension under the old PA
Pensions for Disabilities

Marginal note:Pension in accordance with extent of disability

35 (1) Subject to section 21, the amount of pensions for disabilities shall, except as provided in subsection (3), be determined in accordance with the assessment of the extent of the disability resulting from injury or disease or the aggravation thereof, as the case may be, of the applicant or pensioner.
Limitation on reduction

(2.1) Where a member of the forces has attained the age of fifty-five years and the assessment of the extent of a disability of the member has remained unchanged for a period of three years or more, no reduction in the assessment of the extent of that disability shall be made

But before that, yes they can lower your PA pension

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 266

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 21:19

Not worried about sisip scum nav and maybe that guy had a good day that month mri's are the true evidence. not on sisip anyway, no been thinking it ether has to do with pia or osi as that is still stage 3 and my doctor not shrink filled in my paperwork. Trust me nav their trying to give not take away.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 20:03

I've never had anything sent to the doctors office? I'd get a copy because maybe vac is doing a medical review of your pension. I asked vac about this and if you are pre 2006 you are grandfathered which I asked what does that mean and she said if your condition improves they can't lower it below the grandfathered rate which means if your 100 percent pa rate pre 2006 that's the rate your getting until death! This is what I understood but I did hear a scary thing yesterday at the legion about Sisip LTd where one of their investigators took a picture thru a window of a claimant wrestling with his large dog claiming a back injury but the picture was not allowed because his lawyer stated that in Ontario it's against the law for a private detective to come on to private property. But rumour has it that now that the Sisip LTd lawsuit is finished , manulife as per policy and regulations, is going thru each claimants file and investigating to verify continued disablilty.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 19:09

Apparently not trooper, the only thing i can think of is PIA but it was suppose to be sent to me in december.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 18:36

I was under the assumption that all letters sent out regarding the client from VAC to wherever that the client is always to get or is sent that same letter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Thu 04 Feb 2016, 18:28

Drs office called today vac sent paperwork to fill out and was sent back completed wtf. appt two weeks t talk to DR why would they send paperwork of some kind without telling me.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 15:10

If they implement it asap back pay will not be  expensive but will be a year or two from now.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 14:19

Gents, as it was said before here. Sombody calculated it wanderfully on this side already: no need to pay back anything. After 9/or 10 years (do not remember which one) they could/should start paying PA for conditions that have been 'lumpped' Smile That would give them time to calculate everything correctly.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 12:43

I'm not so sure we will see any implementation of the lifelong pension this year...at least that's my opinion as to what I have heard thus far from our MVA.

That said...things can change...an anything is possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 11:01

Supreme, it all depends on how they are going to handle the transition back to life long pensions. They will likely calculate what each Veteran would have received as a monthly pension, then subtract what has been received as a lump sum. If there is a balance left over, retro money may be paid. If there is a negative balance, the veteran could pay it back in in part, or ful, or choose to have it deducted from future payments. But there will likely be far more Veterans having to pay back money, then those being owed, which will greatly reduce the initial costs of the transition. Personally, I would like to see all debts be forgiven, and just simply start giving everyone the full monthly amount going forward, but that isn't likely going to happen.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3381

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member on Tue 02 Feb 2016, 08:53

$325 million will not fix things the first year. If you think the liberal platform spending will fix the lifelong pensions with $325 mil, your mistaken. This mess I beleive will be fixed with marijuana tax money by 2019. If and only if the GOC is generous. I know one thing for sure, if the goc thinks they can fix the life long pension with little attention, they're mistaken.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next