Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest VVi News

+6
bigrex
Rifleman
Skud
Admin
johnny211
Kramer
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Latest VVi News Empty Re: Latest VVi News

Post by Ex Member Wed 03 Feb 2016, 18:56

yes Riddick come back buds .

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 03 Feb 2016, 18:52

Come on back Riddick...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 02 Feb 2016, 12:22

Having my voice heard through the house speaker could have merits. Least of which would be an awareness of concerns... but my primary motivation would be to see action/implementation.

Seems most days though, the weight of words in the HoC only amount to hot air.

Maybe they could use some jack rabbits with chainsaws?
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 01 Feb 2016, 21:43

No need for an apology Rags.....pure frustration on my part and no outlet, so I come here to read, learn and vent at times.

P.s Pinger, if your politician is the house speaker does that carry any weight to having your voice heard?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 01 Feb 2016, 20:58

Just tacking in here. Sparrow you mentioned the term “ malingerer “ earlier and I wholly agree with you.

Whining and sniveling... SUCKING IT UP is very old news. (Not out of context)

Reminds me of ruminating on barnacles. It really don't do that much good at all.

Call your politicians . Be pro-active and take them to task with their promises!

Stay well all. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Feb 2016, 19:10

Great post Rags ~ it is great to see comradery despite difference of opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 01 Feb 2016, 18:52

Danny, it was not my intention for you too take this personally, for that I apologize this is and always has been a very sensitive and heated issue to both sides of the argument. We must though talk about it and try and come to some level of understanding as veterans. If we dont the government will shred us and the public hear too much winning from us and they are getting tired of hearing one whiny argument just to find out they are false statements or weak arguments.....we lose credibility when that happens. Because we cant agree as a community  because so many people in our community have there little ax to grind we never get a sharp ax. A perfect example is "One Veteran One Standard" sounds good until you realize it means less service and money for one group and more for another....sounds great until your the one who gets less.
 Danny no harm intended.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 01 Feb 2016, 05:54

Taking a deep breath really didn't get me anywhere quick in the past. I allowed authority to walk all over me instead of piping up.  
How I pay? I paid with my health and wellbeing
Why? Because apparently GOC couldn't get there shit together to save two peas in a pod(because they were too busy saving money on the backs of veterans), so even saying take a deep breath, wow, and I didn't direct my  question at you, well, I am speaking for the silent majority, even the ones accused of falsifying claims. DM4, DM6, DM whatever they want to call it! and not being adhered to properly and reading it out of context.....loosely interpreted.
The Government of Canada better make a move soon. There's a lot of people lined up at CTV waiting to share their stories of the neglect of the last ten years and just how wonderful transitioning into civilian life as an injured veteran.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Feb 2016, 00:31

I have had the flue for the past 3 days and my mind has been i wouldn't say sharp but it has been at peace never noticed it before when i have been sick but then again was not typing on the lap top. may sound stupid but keep it in mind next time you get the flue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sun 31 Jan 2016, 23:25

Wow danny take a deep breath man. My points were not directed at you, just a group of examples I happen to know for a fact. Thought it would be good to lay it out and let you read the examples and decide if they deserve PTSD claim. y the way all those cases have full PTSD claim, SISIP and military medical pension.

I think my key point is read the DM 4 and then the change to DM 5. Word on the street is that they will go back to DM4 as DM5 was too wide open an interpretation.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jan 2016, 19:19

Just to add to your points..Propat an Sparrow..I find it very hard to believe that many would get away with such behavior when it comes to faking any condition..there are many steps in place to prevent this within the Medical Profession..sure some may get away with it... but for the most part only in a limited fashion..they may or could have less symptoms then they claim to have...or in a lot of cases they are diagnose with a condition that is certain to progress...again it is the qualified Medical Professions who has the final word in the diagnose...they are the only ones who whole credibility in making that call...anything other then this...is simply an opinion based on ones own beliefs which holds absolutely no credibility in the diagnose itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jan 2016, 16:44

Thanks wild thing, nice to be back home.

Coming into the conversation late ~ my view that the term "malingerer" is one that has been engrained in the military, insurance companies, CPP D and DVA because it allows those that make the administrative, career and medical decisions the ability to put a label on us which then makes it easier to dismiss us without cause or repercussions. I also believe that "they" don't want to understand what they can't see or haven't experienced for themselves. I think we can all relate to having been made to feel like a malingerer in the latter parts of our military careers by military ethos and then in our post careers by the organizations that are supposed to be there for fairness and dispense services which we are entitled to. I personally do not believe there are many malingerers per say in the tiered systems and if there are then that behavior in itself is a form of unwellness.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jan 2016, 15:11

honestly guys seems like the vast majority of us SEEM to be on the same page .

no one has really said this problem is ramped IN CANADA nor has any one said that it doesn't happen either .

yes we know malingering exists over a variety of ailments and really kind of narrow minded in my opinion to just point out one . but its not ramped as far as I can tell .

one thing you would have to decide by yourselves of course is what your definition of ramped is .

approximately 65% of claims denied by VRAB done incorrectly . is THAT in your opinion ramped ????

now since VRAB doesn't deny every claim does that lead you to believe that the initial VAC dissensions on those claims are done incorrectly are in higher numbers than VRAB ??? would you consider that ramped ???

with those percentages of claims being denied incorrectly how many fakers or misdiagnoses are actually getting through ????

both of these are problems for sure but witch do you think is the biggest ???

is it the fake claims or misdiagnoses  keeping in mind misdiagnoses goes both ways?

or is it the number of people not getting the treatment and benefits they need and deserve ???

guess its up to you to figure out what is the biggest problem and what should be the highest on your priority list.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 31 Jan 2016, 07:34

That is what I am saying, I am not the one that gave myself a diagnose, it is the medical professionals.
I am medicated to hilts now, because I have been properly diagnosed. I am able to sleep at night and function somewhat through out the day, that is good enough for me at this point in my life.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 31 Jan 2016, 07:10

First off welcome back Sparrow! Now i hate the term PTSD OSI is more fitting and is what i used on my claim and declaration. I don't know the circumstances for any body elses OSI I just know what made me not normal the key is it is what circumstances caused that person to change for the worst. we don't all have the same symptoms what we do have is pride and honor and inocence and we see the world as if some one ripped the blinders off and it is evil damn evil place and we don't like it and cannot process it. That inocence Is gone no matter the circumstances SISIP, VAC AND VRAB THEN SWOOP IN AND TAKE THE PRIDE AND HONOR .It happens like ripping the blinders off fast or doing it slow either way it sucks. Danny i don't know if you or me or any body else has ptsd but i can tell you we did suffer an OSI for different reasons and under different circumstances im all for leaving ptsd to the combat veterans i suffered an osi im good with that. It happened in the service of this country and should be compensated the same. Were all fighting the same battle now guy's let's fight it together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next