Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New CFOne Card available for veterans

+2
pinger
Dannypaj
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New CFOne Card available for veterans - Page 2 Empty Re: New CFOne Card available for veterans

Post by Dannypaj Fri 19 Feb 2016, 14:59

As of February 1, 2016, the Record of Service Card (NDI 75) is no longer being issued. The CFOne Card now serves as proof of affiliation with the Canadian Armed Forces.

The CFOne Card is the one card you need to access programs and services delivered by Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS).

The CFOne Card consolidates the functions of several cards into a single card. It easily and accurately confirms your membership within the Canadian military community of one million strong, and provides you with access to both the CANEX Rewards Program and the CF Appreciation Program.

Spouses and eligible dependants are encouraged to apply for the CFOne Card and participate in the program.

To learn more about the CFOne Card and register for the CFOne Card, visit cfmws.com or call toll free 1-855-245-0330 FREE.

Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services

Serving those who serve
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

New CFOne Card available for veterans - Page 2 Empty Re: New CFOne Card available for veterans

Post by pinger Tue 16 Feb 2016, 19:34

I was a 5 year stint. Don't have an NDI 75. My drivers licence picture id works for me.
So does the new Service Canada health card here in Ontario.
Got my VAC card, a sunlife card, god knows what else.
So my memory asks, what's soo precious about a NDI 75. Simple passports are much better.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 17:09

Navrat..I have no Idea when they started issuing the NDI 75...all I can tell you is that I never leave home without it..ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 16:37

When was yours issued Trooper? I didn't know they issued them at Vimy,lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 14:44

Rex I totally agree...why get rid of the NDI 75 ...all the info you need including you picture was always on file in case you needed a new one.
I will continue to use mine ..it's fairly old but still in good shape.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 15 Feb 2016, 22:35

Listen, I have no problem having a discount card, BUT it should not replace an actual form of ID.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Feb 2016, 16:43

CFappreciation.ca

What is the program?

The CF Appreciation Program was created to offer a variety of discounts to Canadian military personnel and their families in recognition of their sacrifices and dedication. The program expanded to include some of the world’s brands and major businesses, and is being enhanced and expanded into new markets.

The CF Appreciation Program aims to incorporate new business categories and more attractive incentives within the existing program to meet the ever evolving needs of our Canadian Forces community. Particularly in the areas of family attractions, leisure travel, entertainment and accommodations.

How does it work?

The program offers rate reductions and incentives that are exclusive to members of the Canadian Forces through the CF Appreciation Program website. To ensure the success of the program, meaningful and attractive offers will drive the purchasing power of the Canadian military community to your business.

The Canadian Forces Appreciation Program is administered by the Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services, an internal organization that exists solely for the benefit of current and former members and their families. Thanks to the nature of this organization, no commissions or mark-ups are applied to provide discounts. By signing an agreement that outlines the nature of the offer put forward by your business to the Canadian Forces community, 100% of the incentive reaches its target audience. Making changes to the offer is easy and withdrawal from the program may be accomplished at any time.

What is the Canadian Forces Community?

The Canadian Forces community involves an addressable market in excess of 1,000,000 people. It is composed of:

Serving Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) member

• CAF Regular Force Members: includes officers and non-commissioned members who are enrolled for continuing, full-time military service. Includes students on full-time study status (such as Regular Officer Training Program).

• CAF Reserve Force Members: includes the Primary Reserve (serving on one of three classes of service – A, B and C), the Canadian Rangers and the Cadet Organization Administrative and Training Service.

Former CAF member

• Those members of the CAF who have successfully completed Basic Military Training; and, have been released from the CAF with an honourable discharge. These requirements apply equally to those CAF members who have served in the Reserves.

Foreign military member serving with the CAF

• Members of foreign military service, either posted to, or on training at a CAF installation (Base, Wing, Unit, College). This includes Foreign Military Attachés.

Member of the Defence Team

• Current DND Public Servants: refers to full-time and part-time employees of the Public Service of Canada, employed within the Department of National Defence (excludes employees on casual employment status and students on the Federal Student Work Experience Program).

• Current Staff of the Non-Public Funds (NPF): refers to the full-time and part-time workforce which contributes to the delivery of Non-Public Property programs and activities, reflected as a Separate Agency listed under Schedule 5 of the Financial Administration Act.

• Current Staff of Military Family Resource Centres (MFRCs): refers to full-time and part-time employees of MFRCs (excludes employees on casual employment status and volunteers)

• Current full-time and part-time Staff of Defence Research and Development Canada and Defence Construction Canada.

• RCMP: refers to uniformed and civilian police officers within the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Forces.

• Honorary Colonels / Captains (N) and Honorary Lieutenant-Colonels / Commanders: officers on virtually all issues except operations. They work behind the scenes and provide a connection between the community and the CAF. On the recommendation of the Chief of the Defence Staff, the Minister of National Defence approves all honorary appointments. These unpaid positions are usually for tenures of three years, but they are renewable.

NPF or RCMP Pensioner

• Former Staff of NPF receiving a pension

• Former RCMP in receipt of a pension

Families of the above

• The member’s spouse or common-law partner who is normally residing with the member at the member’s place of duty or who, if living separately, is doing so for military reasons;

• A relative by blood, marriage, common-law partnership, adoption legally or, is normally resident with the member and for whom the member may claim a personal exemption under the Income Tax Act;

• A child who is normally resident with the member and for whom the member would have been eligible to claim a personal exemption under the Income Tax Act if the child were a relative by blood, marriage, common law partnership, adoption legally or, in fact, for whom the member has accepted full financial responsibility and has commenced adoption proceedings;

• A child or legal ward of the spouse or common-law partners and the member who is single and in full-time attendance at school or university and is under the age of 26; and

• A family member who is permanently residing with the member, but who is precluded from qualifying as a dependant under the Income Tax Act because the family member receives a pension.

The military community demographic includes Canadians of all ages, genders, family and marital status, cultural backgrounds, education and income levels living across the country and abroad. Businesses participating in the program may offer customized solutions that target specific or regional segments or the entire community.

https://www.cfappreciation.ca/en/aboutus/pages/about-us.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Feb 2016, 07:37

The military is only one thing you can accomplish in your life Danny. millions never sign the dotted line. You were there and stood up, to put it all on the line you have to except that is enough and a hell of a lot more than fellow Canadians had the gut's to do. We sacrificed financially and physically and mentally for Canada and Canadian's you owe "nothing" you are owed "everything" remember that. You now owe yourself peace of mind. Thanks for stepping up soldier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 15 Feb 2016, 06:30

Just put a poppy and the years that I have served on my drivers license and I would be fine with that.  
It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just something simple.
Plus it could be used for a conversational "peace" with someone.  
Besides that, I wear a simple pin with the word "Veteran" visible enough to have a happier conversation to whom I am dealing with and trust me I wear my pin proudly.
The military was my calling and it was unfairly ruled that I was deemed medically unfit to serve. I have suffered and I hope the suffering ends soon, so I can finally maybe stop the squirrels upstairs...lol
Have a great day everyone and keep smiling it maybe the only way to happiness.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RCNRetired Mon 15 Feb 2016, 03:06

Well I visited the CFOne site and did sign up but that card is not an official ID card. My NDI75 after 16 years my picture is wearing off as well as the borders that indicated it was DND. What is so flipping hard to have a proper ID card with your picture that gives the same details as the NDI75 card? I say the Ombudsman needs to get this done. PS Both our national air providers allow up to four free checked bags to military/veterans so if you travel this saves a lot of loot. Surely these shiny new gotta help the veteran politicians can get an ID card approved, hell I will pay for it.

RCNRetired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 15:37

Got to love that Canadian Tire money pinger.

Whoever said that the Americans treat their service members with a great deal of respect ... I agree ... spent a lot of time in Fort Brag an for those who were also there would agree that it's a large military installation .. everywhere I went both on an off the installation I was always treated with the utmost respect.

Getting back to the ID card .. this is how I used my NDI 75 over the course of several years .. I always ask do you provide government rate ?  an they almost always ask .. are you here on government business ? .. I simply just answer saying I'm government an show them my NDI 75 an was never refused government rate in all those years .. this of course for Motels .. I continue to follow that same approach today.

As far as restaurants an other purchases goes .. I don't always ask but sometimes do .. sometimes they will honor it .. an sometimes they won't.

Marks work warehouse use to offer a discount for Veterans but unsure if they still do.

I know of a Veteran who bought a new vehicle using his ID card .. the discount offer was for serving members but they honored him the exact same discount for being a Veteran.  

It also comes in handy when travelling abroad such as Mexico , Cuba , an so forth .. this in case you need assistance for one reason or another .. being a military Veteran sometimes can gain you a little more respect.

I forgot to mention this earlier .. Via rail offers 25% discount across the board savings for travel across Canada for Veterans.
But you need the ID card to get the discount...I used this last year... I called an made the reservation .. when I arrived to pick up my ticket they asked me for my NDI 75 .. I did get 25% off on my round trip so my ID card did saved me quite a bit of money.

I guess it all comes down to each individual in deciding if it's worth having or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 14 Feb 2016, 14:52

I don't have cards, Don't want any at all.
Trooper wrote "I once used it in a bar in Boston..."

Uh huh. Me and buds bought lots of bar beer with Canadian Tire money in Lisbon or Germany. They couldn't tell the difference from Canadian currency. That's my kind of discount, a cheap trick but slicker than snot.

The Canex used to be a little good though. But they probably re-invented themselves.

Stay well all...

Last edited by pinger on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 15:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : little typo)
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 14 Feb 2016, 14:08

It's true. very few places offer discounts for veterans, and those that do are mainly limited to areas near military communities. And it also depends on the franchise owner. Even in the Halifax area, I received a discount at one store, but not another. So until all levels of government, and the public sector start making real substantial offerings to military and Veterans, such as free access to public transportation or free parking, the vast majority of private sector companies aren't going to offer any real widespread discounts.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 08:25

I have 15 years in received no card Sparrow so don't feel bad lol. So let me get this strait it is no good at crappy tire, rotten Ronny's, the colonel's or for speeding ticket's, basically no where in Canada it has a purpose, just the USA apparently i haven't been missing out on much lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Feb 2016, 07:34

The name CFOne Card sounds too similar to a Capital One Card ~ I would be interested more in the CFOne Card if it would gave mortgage discounts at banks for Soldiers/Veterans like they do in the USA. However, I did not get a NDI 75 when I was released due to less then 10 years service so in reality this card does have a benefit for Vets like myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next