Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New CFOne Card available for veterans

+2
pinger
Dannypaj
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New CFOne Card available for veterans - Page 3 Empty Re: New CFOne Card available for veterans

Post by pinger Thu 11 Feb 2016, 22:34

Just my opinion, I don't have a ND175 nor do I want a CFOne card. That's just me. To each their own.
If this card helps anyone... good, truly.
The card I miss the most though... is my I.D. card in better times, not the bad ones.

Stay very well all.   pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

New CFOne Card available for veterans - Page 3 Empty Re: New CFOne Card available for veterans

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 16:07

The way I read this is that this CFOne Card is going to replace the NDI75..this in effect Feb 01 of this year.

Those of us who already carry the NDI75 not need to worry as the CFOne Card will be for future Veterans which has already begun as of Feb 01.

I never had a problem with using my NDI75..I will continue to use it until such a time I do have a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 08:57

So basically they can keep track of everything you purchase. Welcome to the Canadian armed forces once you join you can never leave...

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 11 Feb 2016, 08:45

Danny, chances are it's the same one that is displayed on the website. Basically it looks like a credit/debit card, and is basically a card that can be shown for discounts, and not as any real sort of ID.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 08:45

1.1 this is 1 I say again , what d--m card are we talking about that stupid useless vac card.

Last edited by wild thing on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 08:46; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 11 Feb 2016, 06:56

Let me get this straight. The CFONE card is adding your picture on it! or is it the same CFONE card that is basically useless, unless you want to book condos down south at a discounted DOD rate. The states treat their \/eterans a lot better then Canada, that I agree with Bigrex.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 06:03

Never received any ID card not sure what you's mean by ID card. was unfit supplementary reserve so there for was not entitled a card at the time to fkd up for a card.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 21:38

I concur bigrex, in the past when I would be shopping locally I would ask if the store had a military discount and the looks I would get would surprise you. You would think I was asking for a handout.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 10 Feb 2016, 21:30

The US public treat their serving members and Veterans a heck of a lot better than our do. They get free access to public transportation, and significant discounts when shopping. Meanwhile, some of the few places that did offer discounts either cut them in half, or eliminated them altogether. McD's cut their discount to 5%, and it depends on the location. AI've been in some McDonald's and asked for the DND discount, and they looked like me I had three heads. KFC stopped giving a DND discount altogether back in 2008 or so. Even hotels will only offer a DND discount if you are traveling on DND business. But the NDI 75 came in handy whenever I needed to provide ID, such as while voting, or getting a mortgage, when they asked for two pieces of photo ID.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 19:13

I once used it in a bar in Boston...was treated with Loyalty for the whole night !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 19:07

Danny I had no idea, it worked at McDonald's or Burger King ! I once tried to use it when I got pulled over by the Ontario Provincial police but no go, in my book utterly useless and st least a Costco card has your picture on it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 19:05

Well, the problem I have with the NDI75 card is the photo is from when you served so , I DONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM, but most veterans age and look quite different after 10 or 20 years. Fortunately for myself good living, Cuban rum and cigars , have kept me looking like I just stepped outta basic, but anyway they need an ID from VAC that is a update photo like a drivers license merge the blue cross info on it and presto, that's a card!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 18:21

Because I had less then 10 years service I was not entitled to have a NDI75 card.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 17:09

I agree no problem getting discounts with the NDI75..what I like about the NDI75 is it's given to you when released an they take the picture from your record files..so everything is done..no registration an so on an out the door you go.

That said..I'm sure there are many who would like to register for this CFOne Card for whatever personal reasons they may have..so now there's a place for them to register for one.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 10 Feb 2016, 14:59

Actually, we could already use the NDI 75 as ID for discounts. If you ask me, this is reinventing the wheel, for the sake of reinventing the wheel, and a waste of tax dollars. And Pinger, that is pretty much my take on it. it's not an ID card, but more like a discount card, that anyone can use.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next