Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

+59
derngt
Iceman
VetWife
propat
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Gunner8
Rubicon
coppers2002
rmsclk
140AESOP
XMedic
SIGS PIGS
sports1977
AirLog
kennyturcotte
sports_1977
armyvet83
red510
Newfie
rmsclk836
Tilap61
Paratrooper
lyonhart
Nemo
By the Bay
Yump5555
frustrated
acerman1234
861Cook
GPO75
Willie
Gardener101
Armygunner
Teager
321HTRCN
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
abetterway
bosn181
LostTrucker
Newf
tetech
Panserbjørn
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
cosmo12
srproctor
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
pinger
johnny211
bigrex
BinRat
Teentitan
63 posters

Page 19 of 47 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 33 ... 47  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 19 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by Paratrooper Fri 14 Jul 2017, 20:48

I was recently awarded the CIA as a result of 2 permanent physical injuries and diagnosed with severe PTSD. I served 21 years and I was under the rehab program for almost 3 years. Contrary to what I've heard from other Vets and what I was told by my CM that if you apply for the CIA and the CIA Supplement and if you are approved for the CIA you are also automatically approved for the CIA Supplement as it falls under the same category under the CIA. Surprisingly, I was not approved for the CIA Supplement. Has anyone encountered the same issue? Or is it because I'm also receiving the Earnings Loss as an income?

Paratrooper
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2017-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 20:04

Sounds like all your duckies are in order.... yes we all understand the "flood gates".... The 15% top up, lead to many new programs available.

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 13 Jul 2017, 01:55

Thanks ScottyG!
I have already applied for DEC, CIA, CIA Supplement and requested a reassessment of my disability pension on the advice of my new case manager. I did not think I was entitled to these benefits because I was under SISIP LTD and I have a small pension of 12% under the old charter from 13 years ago. It wasn't until my husband applied on my behalf  for the 15% top-up....the flood gates of applications started pouring in. I was very nervous applying for the Rehab program but my case manager said that I will most likely be DEC because of the severity of my disability. I was recently approved for VIP and now I am waiting patiently to see if I will get approved for the other benefits. Plus I received $1.37 for my top up. It might not be much but hey it's an improvement😆 That buys me a pack of gum or a small cup of coffee at the Beckers Store👍 If I get denied, my case manger will help me with the appeal! I am just so happy with what I got so far! 😊

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 00:39

CIA and CIA s... is not clawed back from LTD benefits or ELB and its for life. Prior to applying talk it over with your Case manager...good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 13 Jul 2017, 00:36

I have been reading old post to try to find an answer to my questions but with no luck so far!
I was wondering 'if approved' for CIA and CIA Supplement, does SISIP LTD clawback those allowances? Does the SISIP policy view those allowances as income?
Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by lyonhart Mon 15 May 2017, 15:59

Vet1234 wrote:Some others have apparently had reserve time count as straight years served.  So 52 weekends would be one year.  Or if you worked 15 days in a year, it was still counting as a year.

Shockedaffraid

lyonhart
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 15 May 2017, 15:16

Some others have apparently had reserve time count as straight years served. So 52 weekends would be one year. Or if you worked 15 days in a year, it was still counting as a year.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by frustrated Mon 15 May 2017, 15:11

Does any one know if VA is taking reserve time as one to one or only pensionable reserve time as one to one?

frustrated
CSAT Member

Registration date : 2017-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 May 2017, 13:19

Artie Simm wrote:maybe this was already covered but if you`re initial CIA application is denied and you disagree , what is your recourse? is there one? Do you just suck it up, or is there a formal process to follow and if it`s a written reply who do you mail your disagreement to? Thanks in advance.

You can appeal, ask for a review.

Regarding the review, you can write to VAC detailing the reasons for disagreeing, and any new evidence you have to add.

Some have been able to accomplish this through My VAC Account, while others were not able to, leaving them to send out their letter by mail.

I will let others who have recently sent out appeals to weight in with more info.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 May 2017, 13:01

maybe this was already covered but if you`re initial CIA application is denied and you disagree , what is your recourse? is there one? Do you just suck it up, or is there a formal process to follow and if it`s a written reply who do you mail your disagreement to? Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 09 May 2017, 21:45

Amen
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by frustrated Tue 09 May 2017, 21:15

you know what , I am getting sick of this !st they impose a bureaucratic night mare for us to navigate through , then they tell their underlings that they can't read letters over the phone , then they give us strick time limits to appeal , then the government says " look what we did to help you " , then they take up to 3 months t readdress our appeal , mean while the vets with PTSD are always wondering if the F@#$Kers will take money back .
Also considering that the most volurenable (?) of us would rather suck on the barrel of an FN , or just close the curtains and stay in bed rather than deal with this shit.
we ALL need to do something , that is united and effective . IE call oure MPs .
If they put something out make it fair …
If you can`t work you can't work end of story . This horse shit about a 20 year career is crap . many of us (if we were allowed to stay in ) would have served 28 + years since it was in our blood  . Just look back at all the shit birds that are now SSMs , and chiefs what a joke .
F!@k !!!!
I need to smoke more dope
good night all .

frustrated
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Tue 09 May 2017, 15:54

The new CIA and DEC IMHO are a step back from the old PIA and TPI. It seems to me that the new versions make it harder to get the higher grades because of time served. Getting the DEC seems to be even harder to obtain. Who makes the decision of what is considered reasonable type of work you are qualified for?

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by frustrated Tue 09 May 2017, 13:41

thanks , i am so frustrated i guess its time to smoke my 5 grams a day till they cut me back to 3 ….. NIGHT NIGHT thanks man and good luck

frustrated
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 09 May 2017, 13:26

frustrated - What your are talking about is the same reason I just put a review in for. I also did 4 reserve prior to 20 reg. Back then there was no reserve pension plan. So I'm not sure what there thinking is of adding those yrs towards ones annuity. Im sure they will spin it somehow, but I'll just appeal till the cows come home,lol. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 47 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 33 ... 47  Next