Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

+59
derngt
Iceman
VetWife
propat
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Gunner8
Rubicon
coppers2002
rmsclk
140AESOP
XMedic
SIGS PIGS
sports1977
AirLog
kennyturcotte
sports_1977
armyvet83
red510
Newfie
rmsclk836
Tilap61
Paratrooper
lyonhart
Nemo
By the Bay
Yump5555
frustrated
acerman1234
861Cook
GPO75
Willie
Gardener101
Armygunner
Teager
321HTRCN
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
abetterway
bosn181
LostTrucker
Newf
tetech
Panserbjørn
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
Vet1234
vaincre
cosmo12
srproctor
Rifleman
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
pinger
johnny211
bigrex
BinRat
Teentitan
63 posters

Page 27 of 47 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 37 ... 47  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 27 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 18:46

bruce72 wrote:http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/transition/rehabilitation/career-impact-allowance

On April 1, 2017, the Career Impact Allowance introduced a new individual assessment as one of the factors that is considered as part of the assignment of grade level. This change increases access to higher CIA grade levels for some Veterans.

This new assessment looks at years left to serve (at time of release) and degree of earning capacity.

Bruce,

I think there's some key words in that statement that needs a second look, in particular, "one of the factors that is considered" .

Something new, yes, but it's something new added to other factors they look for in determining.

This by itself does not automatically approve you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 18:36

GPO75 wrote:So...does it still remain that if you have ever received the EIA that you will not be eligible for the CIA/S as it was with the CIA/S?

GPO75,

Those receiving the EIA under the PA, are not entitled to the CIA.

So the answer is yes, it still remains the case.

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) - Page 27 Empty VAC BENEFIT

Post by vaincre Sun 02 Apr 2017, 18:26

Do you know someone who has received CIA as it was with the CIA / S?

vaincre
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by GPO75 Sun 02 Apr 2017, 17:47

So...does it still remain that if you have ever received the EIA that you will not be eligible for the CIA/S as it was with the CIA/S?

GPO75
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 02 Apr 2017, 16:16

Bigrex - yes, that is the way I was thinking also. If the present number of 1,400 Vets that are CIA/TPI, it does not seem a huge stretch to put most to level 2, and of course our severely wounded comrades to level 1. I have heard prior budget rumours that they would go by your percentage. But that's not in the policy anywhere. But right now, like a lot of VAC things, this assessment appears to be in the wind..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 02 Apr 2017, 14:17

Personally, I think anyone who qualifies for the CIAS, due to the complete inability to work any job, should automatically be approved for grade one CIA. After all, they have obviously had the greatest impact to have a career, even after the military.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 14:12

My SITREP is similar to yours Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 02 Apr 2017, 14:09

Ok, bit baffled, and it comes easy nowadays..lol. So their talking years left to serve at time of release, for reassessment. In my case, and others we got out - Not medical. Then years down the Rd the wheels fell right of the bus for various medicial or mental reasons.
These reasons stopped us working a civi job. So how is that assessed. I got out in 01, worked for 6 yrs, demons came full bore, went on VOC. So not sure how they reassess that? Any ideas? Johnny Out,,VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sun 02 Apr 2017, 13:43

Anyone see the new assessment?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 13:25

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/transition/rehabilitation/career-impact-allowance

On April 1, 2017, the Career Impact Allowance introduced a new individual assessment as one of the factors that is considered as part of the assignment of grade level. This change increases access to higher CIA grade levels for some Veterans.

This new assessment looks at years left to serve (at time of release) and degree of earning capacity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sun 02 Apr 2017, 12:56

That's what I was told, and I'm in the same boat.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 12:54

Apparently, VAC is automatically reassessing everyone who receives PIA. I'm PIA 3 and can say with modesty that I would like to see a change in my grade level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Apr 2017, 07:41

Vet1234 wrote:Well the VAC example...

Example of a Veteran who could benefit from this change:

Kimberly is a Veteran who released after four years in the military. She meets the eligibility requirements for the Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) due to a service-related injury. Based on the current method of assigning grade levels, Kimberly has been assigned a grade three PIA. With the new individual assessment, which would take into account Kimberly’s assessed earning capacity and the fact that her military career was cut short and therefore she lost military career advancement opportunities, she would receive additional funds.

I can't see anything in the policy that deals with loss of advancement.

Kimberly is a PIA Grade three based on what is in place with the PIA method of assigning, now with the change to CIA, a new method of assigning takes into account Kimberly's earning capacity, and the fact that she lost military advancement opportunities.
From what I'm reading Kimberly should automatically jump to Grade level two.

There's a lot of Veterans currently at Grade level three (CIA) most if not all have been impacted by their earning capacity, lost military career advancements. My advice would be for those at level three to contact your CM to let them know of your impacted earning capacity, and lost military career advancements. You should also automatically jump to level two.

At least that's what I'm getting from the example.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 01 Apr 2017, 19:45

Well the VAC example...

Example of a Veteran who could benefit from this change:

Kimberly is a Veteran who released after four years in the military. She meets the eligibility requirements for the Permanent Impairment Allowance (PIA) due to a service-related injury. Based on the current method of assigning grade levels, Kimberly has been assigned a grade three PIA. With the new individual assessment, which would take into account Kimberly’s assessed earning capacity and the fact that her military career was cut short and therefore she lost military career advancement opportunities, she would receive additional funds.

I can't see anything in the policy that deals with loss of advancement.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 01 Apr 2017, 19:35

It would make sense, if they had made this change in the latest budget, to be effective today April. But they've had over a year, since this change was announced. I guess they forgot that you actually have to put in the work behind the scenes, when creating or changing legislation. And nobody will see a change in their levels, until the new regulations are completed. Then an automatic review of each Veteran getting the CIA, will be conducted, and they will likely request that new medical questionnaires to be completed.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 47 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 37 ... 47  Next