Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Page 27 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next

Go down

Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA)

Post by pinger on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 13:17

Vet1234 wrote " Imagine the Vet that takes their CM's or VACs word for something, doesn't apply and misses out on benefits they are entitled to?? I'm sure it happens all the time. "
Yup, it sure does Vet. I know from personal experience, and proved them fracking wrong.

Anyway, here is something to co-incide with what bigrex posted in bold last Sunday at 08:05.
Verbatim from a letter I got a few years ago.
“ It has been determined that you have completed your rehabilitation program as there is evidence that further rehabilitation interventions will not be effective in achieving  the rehabilitations case plan desired outcome “
That was after my march of dimes psych and physical eval. and led to my eelb and tpi status pdq like goosegrease.
Bearing in mind everyone sit. may be different, but hope that helps vet.

Or anyone else... out there.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 08:39

Never take their word. That's why at this point I have no need for a cm and don't want one. Just give me what I am entitled to and leave me the freak alone . I hate the power they have to effect people's lives . As far as I'm concerned there job is only to get you all your entitled to. Their personal views should be kept personal , who cares what their views are.

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 07:53

Imagine that... My CM is well spoken, "never wrong" and will most likely become a DM, as she fills the role when the DM is on leave. I feel bad for the new CMs getting hired. A few weeks ago I called and asked about ELB clawbacks when in receipt of CPPD. Specifically asked if the dependent portion would be clawed back from ELB. The new CM, working intake, wasn't sure. He asked a veteran CM who told them, YES the dependent portion was a prescribed source and would be clawed back.
Ok, fair enough. That's a lot of paperwork for nothing. I won't apply, or will put it off...
Some help from the guys here and some diligent phone calls...
They were wrong! VAC can't touch the dependent portion.
Imagine the Vet that takes their CM's or VACs word for something, doesn't apply and misses out on benefits they are entitled to?? I'm sure it happens all the time.
Feeling Jaded, but comforted knowing my fellow vets are still there to fight for eachother.
Even if some of you guys are off their rocker hahaha
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 07:28

Maybe the Liberals should institute a performance evaluation for CM's, to be completed by the Veterans. The form could be completed on paper, or online.Then if several Veterans with the same CM, say that he or she, felt that their CM had acted inappropriately, provided false information or refused to progress applications for benefits because of personal beliefs, then they know that the CM needs to be replaced. The results would have to go to the OVO, to ensure that negative reviews are not ignored, after all, one could argue that employing CM's that refuse to promote the welfare of Veterans,that they are responsible for, is a systemic problem within VAC.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3464
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 06:16

Well in my opinion if any CM is not going to support you, your better off without continuing to deal with that particular CM.

It's the same old story, there are excellent CM's, and down right bad ones.

The ombudsman has helped before in these situations, he may be able to help you out in your situation.

Obtaining another CM is another possibility depending on your location and availability.

Bottom line is to not allow this particular CM to discourage you from continuing to fight for any benefit, regardless if they say your not entitled to it, or won't get approved.

The benefits are there for all Veterans to apply for, so apply for them, if denied, appeal.

So I would say to VET1234 your doing the right thing by the actions you are taking, sometimes it takes a bit of time and is frustrating to go through, but the main thing is to not give up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 22:24

Vet1234 your CM sounds like the CM I used to have.  My CM told me I wouldn't qualify for the PIA, but she was wrong.  And I put off applying for it for a long time,  but went ahead and applied this year, and wouldn't you know it, I qualified for PIA 3.  This is the same CM that sent me a flashlight in the mail to my house, to "help me find my way".  I know she meant well, but I wasn't impressed.

This same CM told another veteran, that he should sell his house, when he was fighting for his benefits and falling behind on his bills.
Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 22:16

Your very welcome Vet1234. It sounds like you have a great psych doctor who actually cares about you and is willing to assist you and go that extra mile on your behalf. If your doctor can find out from your CM  specifically what the report needs to say to satisfy DVA that you are unable to work, then your doc can prepare an additional report indicating so. I am glad you are not giving up Vet1234.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 21:49

Cdn Vet wrote:Vet1234, can you approach your psych doctor and have him add an amendment to his original assessment and indicate that you are "unable to work ever"? In my opinion your report from your doctor is clear and precise that you are unable to work but the CM is looking for an absolute even though the report is clear that you are not able to work..

I'll ask him. We speak often and he has already made it clear to me that he would get VAC off of my back about school and work so i can focus on strategies on how to live my life to the fullest and manage my mental health. I'll call and ask him to give my CM a call and write a letter.
Thanks for the advice CDN Vet.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 21:43

Its an uphill battle Propat, I won't give up.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 21:33

Vet1234, can you approach your psych doctor and have him add an amendment to his original assessment and indicate that you are "unable to work ever"? In my opinion your report from your doctor is clear and precise that you are unable to work but the CM is looking for an absolute even though the report is clear that you are not able to work..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 21:29

that would be best that's how we got it done finally but if not you still got a fighting chance . it just really sucks ya gotta deal with idiots like this to try and get crap done .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 21:19

I'm hoping the ombudsman can get me a new CM like ive asked sooo many times. She acts like it's her money and that she is an expert, yet won't discuss policy.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 20:54

ohhhh boy vet sounds to me you got one of them and trust me they are out there . had one when I was applying for the same stuff kinda like an insurance investigator than anything else .

yours seems to be sticking with the stabilized terminology witch does not apply in your case . mine stuck to the PA guys are not allowed to apply for these benefits even when I handed her copies of the news articles and legislation . the legislation was wrong and she was right I guess .

thing is the biggest impact they have is on ELB witch you already have so that's good . the bad is they still have an impact the rest of the way . keep plugging away buds I'm hoping it all goes well .

as for the VIP it may help or maybe not but if not it may end up helping a great deal in the future thus you would be very glad to have it . so good luck with that as well .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 20:18

Had my appointment with my CM yesterday....
Don't even know where to start. CM asked a lot of questions, some Functional Capacity test. Kept on saying that I haven't been doing psych rehabilitation long enough to be stabilized, so "who knows what will happen after that"
I asked where the policy is and CM said TPI is for parapalegics and people with traumatic brain injuries. I politely disagreed, and CM said they would ask for some report from my Psych, and bring all the information to "the table" as "she doesnt make the decision" My CM does not like to be wrong. I called the ombudsman and asked them to look into getting my CM changed, but like everything VAC... backlog.
CM is basically saying that the prognosis from the Psych isn't right because I haven't stabilized. I've been seeing the same psych for 6 years and last time I checked my CM wasn't a doctor or qualified to make prognoses.
On the bright side, I have a VIP application in, and they are fast tracking it. Not sure what VIP will do for me, but I applied.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 19:57

A bit of sincere foresight from my hindsight vet1234.
Part of the professional psych eval you mentioned last Saturday...
"has deteriorated to the point where participation in the Rehabilitation Program is no longer possible."

Be careful. VaC basically wrote me that same line for my benefit. Sounds like that medical report will coincide/help and concur for you. But don't ever let your fracking guard down.
I.E. VaC can be sneaky slimeballs.
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1250
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 35 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 35  Next