Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reduction due to budget

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Reduction due to budget - Page 2 Empty Re: Reduction due to budget

Post by By the Bay Thu 24 Mar 2016, 15:21

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/news/article.page?doc=enhancements-to-the-canadian-forces-long-term-disability-income-replacement-benefits/hgq87xuz

"In line with the New Veterans Charter enhancements announced on 6 October, 2011, Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) implemented enhancements to its Earnings Loss Benefit (ELB) program for disabled Veterans.  Subsequently, the Government of Canada (GoC) recognized that some SISIP LTD clients who left the Canadian Forces when military salaries were much lower than they are today would end up receiving less income support than their peers under the enhanced VAC administered ELB.  As such, the Minister of National Defence announced on April 10, 2012 the investment of nearly $113M in FY11/12 to increase the minimum income support for current in-claim SISIP LTD clients."

"Since the VAC ELB and CF LTD are intended to mirror each other, this announcement addressed the need to align these two income support programs to ensure that all clients would receive the same benefits under their respective programs."

"The enhancements to the CF LTD program allow for an increase to the minimum gross monthly benefit, raising the minimum benefit calculation to 75% of the basic salary rate of a Corporal, which is currently $4,554/month. Previously, the minimum benefit calculation was based on the salary rate of a senior private. In addition, the minimum benefit for the Primary Reserve Force members on short-term class of service who are medically released, or who take a voluntary release but qualify as being totally disabled has increased to 75% of the deemed salary of $2700/month from the previously used $2000/month rate."

So....according to the new budget, does this mean that the enhancement changes that they made in 2011 no long applies to veterans who are already receiving these enhancements. Or, are the changes introduced in the Budget 2016 for new veterans who are applying in 2016?
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 08:17

actually 6608 yes you can unless it it actually written into the regulations . their was never a 2011 date written into the regulations as far as I can see and I seriously doubt their will be a 2013 date written into the regulations .

the regulations are the regulations . read em.

you have a great day.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 24 Mar 2016, 08:08

Since Social Media is relatively new and we haven't all connected yet, (Veterans) it will be a matter of time, not a matter of when, but a matter of time and they will fall flat on their faces (GOC). Awful start JT. You are a failure as a PM already for lying to your Veterans. Double talking......it was a trap from the start because there are to many people behind the scene and they will say anything, do anything to control the masses, hence JT and a wheelchair bound MP that they want us to look up to.. NO way, didn't buy it. Did you guys? If your injured in service and in a wheelchair, you can thrust away at me all day because you deserve that respect, BUT.............shooting your mouth off in public and being injured doesn't count in my books...unless it is for a good cause....and Veterans are a good cause in my book.
Julius T. the Empire needs its military!
Words and spreading of the truth is all that is needed.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 24 Mar 2016, 07:44

Ask yourselves this, why are we so passive and why do we keep watching it unfold in front of our eyes.  We have to study this? No! implement all your promises to Veterans, then study them during your four years! Dumbasses! Wait for the budget! Wait until the next elections! No more waiting. The longer we wait the longer they  thrust away,,,, feel that! Yes, that is them slowly draining our lives while waiting as we are nickeled and dimed to death for our souls means nothing.

I am that private being screwed around from the start.................word of advice to those serving and those wanting to serve............look after yourself................because GOC is not....$367,000 what a crock of shit!  Send them to the frontlines.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 24 Mar 2016, 06:42

Who are they kidding....lmfao...Hopefully not you?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 24 Mar 2016, 06:31

And by the way,  I have to take more BS, my little girl's class is being filed with refugee students (yes from Syria)...no word of a lie...mental illness sucks eh! Try living with it.
Do not lie to your military. I am not bending over any longer for you hypocrites and liars. Refugees before their own soldiers?  
This is my Canada (not a free loading politician) come and meet with me and you will see it in my eyes that I care for my Canada.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 24 Mar 2016, 06:25

My impression today is that I think a politician just walked up to me, looked me in the eyes and just spit in my face. That is how I woke up feeling today. Just say it the way it is, do not lie to your Military.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 24 Mar 2016, 06:18

How does one get medically released out of the military because they have a disability & then get screwed around on every  twist and turn?
I have no sympathy for their MP buddy  (you know which one I am talking about) I threw up in mouth listening to them yesterday.  
No respect none what so ever, they don't care about their troops and they want sympathy from us?  
Not from this tortured soul-dier-sentenced -to- life with a service number.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Thu 24 Mar 2016, 06:27; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Thu 24 Mar 2016, 00:44

"the regulations state RIGHT NOW that the basic CPL rate will be the 2007 rate if that's when your ELB became payable" that's wrong you cant go below the 2011 min cpl rate (when the regulation was written).

that part on ELB payment is the approval date which is (2013 rates since no raises since) and like i say for your 2007 person if he was below the 2011 cpl level he was increased then.

have a good night......

Cheers

Last edited by 6608 on Wed 30 Mar 2016, 18:31; edited 1 time in total
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 23:43

yes but what about the senior PTE rate at 90% in 2007 ? like I said I don't se a scenario where it would lead to a reduction but I do see potential scenario's where the monthly increase may be next to nothing .

the regulations state RIGHT NOW that the basic CPL rate will be the 2007 rate if that's when your ELB became payable .

THATS WHY DATES MATTER .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 23 Mar 2016, 23:32

propat i agree with the regs they say since 2011 nobody has been below the base rate of cpl on ELB/LTD. and going to the new private rate at 90% is still above the 2013 75% cpl rate so no reduction.

Cheers
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 23:17

BTW buds I get the fact it hasn't changed since 2013 but has it changed since 07?

THATS WHY im saying dates ARE important . YES dates DO MATTER very much .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 23:13

really well buds that's good because the act and regulations stated above show that it did in fact go up to basic CPL BUT it also shows that that basic CPL pay would be from the date ELB became payable not the current date. so you made out good buds as im sure a lot of other people did whose ELB became payable in 2010/2011 AND the years prior where their was no pay raise as the amounts would be equal.

but I think their was a pay raise between 2007 and 2011 so at the time I don't think the 07 guys made out as well . could be wrong though as im not positive about the pay raise .

one thing I do know IS their HAS been at least one pay raise between 2007 and today. so yes the date your ELB became payable very much does matter .

ya see the regulations are right their for you to see and that's as they stand today since they were changed last to bump it up to basic CPL.

not saying they are not going to change the regulations to allow your ELB to be calculated using senior private at the current level instead of the date the ELB becomes payable but the thing is I don't see ANY indication right now that they will make that regulatory change AT ALL .

wish they would that would give us a raise every time the military gets one I just don't see it happening .

hope im wrong .

until then im just going to go by the regulations that exist today .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 23 Mar 2016, 22:48

Propat, it was not part of c-55 it was just a regulation change at the same time anyway when it came into force all ELB/LTD (at below the lower end)were topped up to the new basic cpl rate becoming equal.

here is the important part above in the reg paragraphs " and the monthly military salary for a basic corporal in the standard pay group at the time the benefit is payable" (which has not changed since 2013)

Cheers
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 22:40

here is the regulation as it stands today buds.

18 Subject to section 21 and for the purpose of subsection 19(1) of the Act, the imputed income of a veteran referred to in subsection 8(1) of the Act is equal to

(a) in the case of a veteran whose final release was from the regular force, the greater of the veteran’s monthly military salary at the time of release, adjusted until the benefit is payable, and the monthly military salary for a basic corporal in the standard pay group at the time the benefit is payable; and

(b) in the case of a veteran whose final release was from the reserve force, if the event that resulted in the health problem occurred

(i) during regular force service, the greater of the veteran’s monthly military salary at the time of release from that service, adjusted until the benefit is payable, and the monthly military salary for a basic corporal in the standard pay group at the time the benefit is payable,

(ii) at any time during Class C Reserve Service, the greater of the veteran’s monthly military salary, adjusted from the date of completion of the Class C Reserve Service until the benefit is payable, and the monthly military salary for a basic corporal in the standard pay group at the time the benefit is payable, and

(iii) at any time during Class A or B Reserve Service, the greater of the veteran’s monthly military salary, adjusted from the date of completion of the Class A or B Reserve Service until the benefit is payable, and the monthly military salary for a basic corporal in the standard pay group at the time the benefit is payable.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next