Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need advice and direction to take. Just joined

4 posters

Go down

Need advice and direction to take.   Just joined  Empty Re: Need advice and direction to take. Just joined

Post by Dove96 Wed 11 May 2016, 08:12

I hope all is going well Steelgunner.

It is part of the SISIP LTD contract that you apply for CPPD.
I forgot and after 2 years got a letter with a nudge. Both SISIP and CPPD were very helpful with it especially since my doctor took 5 months to do the CPPD paperwork.
It all worked out.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Need advice and direction to take.   Just joined  Empty Re: Need advice and direction to take. Just joined

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2016, 17:36

You run into any pitfalls STEEL we all can help, we alll have done it albeit most of us ole farts are either straddling the old Veterans Pension act and the NVC we can definitely assist on most matters. My big advice is learn to communicate with the PEN and for the love of GOD you gotta suck it up and pay LIP service to these people, being rude, loud or just a plain ass gets you shyte and in your case shyte wont pay bills, brother. Most of us are very well adjusted and have a way with words so brother climb on board. Cheers and best wished PM if ya have too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2016, 10:32

steelgunner you can apply for ELB while on SISIP . SISIP would be the first PAYOR so at this time you would likely not collect any money right off but will mean you will be able to get some down the road in the form of the SRB you will need to be on ELB to get this .sometimes people have problems with SISIP if you do and they drop you for some reason and you are on ELB they will continue paying you where SISIP left off so ya APPLY FOR ELB .

at the same time apply for PIA and supplement as well . the ELB PIA and sup is best done all at the same time . call your CM they will meet with you somewhere or come to your house and walk you through this .

if it wasn't your SISIP CM that put you on rehab but your DVA CM that did you may already qualify for ELB anyway if not you are not far from it it depends if she has already made a REHAB PLAN or not . since she moved you from voc rehab to rehab your PIA and sup is looking good as well .

don't be afraid to spend a little time on your knees so to speak because the CMs words carry weight in these decisions .

YOUR CM is the key here and applying for these three benefits at the same time is very important as well .

just call her buds ask for the applications if you have a good one this will be fairly easy . yup you will have some waiting time none of this stuff happens fast.

that friend you are looking for in BC to help you with this stuff may very well be your CM.

good luck buds.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2016, 07:56

Steelgunner ,

You can apply for ELB but you cannot collect both the ELB and SISIP , it's one or the other.

With regards to you applying for your benefits don't get discouraged if your CM from DVA tells you , you won't qualify , the benefits are there for all medically released Veterans to apply for...so...apply for them.
Don't get discouraged if you apply for a benefit and don't get approved the first time around , you will see lots of CSAT members who post having to appeal their applications...so if denied...appeal.

You may want to look into applying for the (PIA) Permanent Impairment Allowance now known as the (CIA) Career Impact Allowance.
You can get a lot of info on this benefit in the VAC Benefits Category of this Forum.

You may also want to consider signing up for My VAC Account , you will find a Benefits Navigator to help you learn more about VAC benefits and services.
Here's the link for My VAC Account ;

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/myvacaccount

Two other benefits I would be looking to apply for is one (CPPD) Canada Pension Plan Disability and two (DTC) Disability Tax Credit.
Lots of info here on the Forum to help you with those benefits.

Please feel free to continue asking any questions on any topic and or any benefit here on the CSAT Forum , this is what the Forum is all about , and there's always someone willing and ready to help you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Recon031 Fri 25 Mar 2016, 07:52

Hi Steelgunner ...... Welcome aboard ,

ELB or LTD , you can only have one or the other , BOTH are taxable , & both will get the increase this fall of 75 - 90 %

If you have kids I Highly recommend going for your CPPD immediately , as this will give you about $ 1000.00 per month for you & about $ 235.00 per child as well ............ the $ 1000.00 is taxable but not the children's portion .

If you can take any settlements from VAC on a Monthly payment ...... DO SO ....... every January they'll get indexed & add up over time .

Claim one Condition at a time with VAC , if you pile them on top of each other , they'll give you a lower % as I found out over the years , then I backed off & claimed 1 at a time & came out much better .

Monthly VAC will also give you $$$$ for your spouse & $$$$ for each child as well .

VAC
SISIP LTD
CPPD
CANADIAN FORCES PENSION

& YOU'RE ALL SET MY FRIEND ...... JUST LIKE THE BY'E 'S SAID ...... 1 CLAIM AT A TIME .

For Country
Retired Army MasterSniper
Dave Fitzpatrick
Recon031
Recon031
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2013-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2016, 02:01

Thanks, guys for the advice.  I will take one thing at a time and start now.  

Still hoping someone out in Vancouver area see's my post.  Things can get over whelming very quick.  It's like I have been handed a play book for football and I have to know them all tomorrow.

Can I apply for ELB when I am getting 75% from ltd?  Basically I think no matter what I apply for and get, I can only get 75% of my pay.  Is this correct?

Steelgunner.
Cheers

Last edited by Steelgunner on Fri 25 Mar 2016, 02:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 14:01

good stuff bin right you are.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Thu 24 Mar 2016, 13:45

Pinger You missed the one thing to tell Him... though ya have it said elsewhere on here..

Yes apply for everything and anything, And Pingers Advice, Keep A COPY of Anything and every piece of paperwork
in your OWN FILING Cabinet.

If you have 1 copy and are gonna send it away, make a copy 1st and retain that copy...

Yes Paperwork does get lost, misplaced so best to keep a copy when that does happen

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 24 Mar 2016, 12:47

Welcome to the forum Steelgunner.

Lotsa good folks here. I copy that on face to face but I'm Ontario.
Perhaps someone Vanway will respond.

But If things ever get overwhelming, remember to pace yourself.

pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 11:56

Steelgunner ,

My advice would be to apply for everything that's available , CCPD , DTC , CIA ect...

Do one at a time , this Forum will help you or guide you in the right direction.

CSAT is just as good as a one on one , each benefit has been discussed at length and the how to's are also available by simply asking right here on the Forum.

If your question surround Vac Benefits , go to that Category and ask your question there.

If your question is about SISIP , click the SISIP Category and ask your question there.

If your question is about appeals , go to the VRAB Category and ask your question there.

You can also ask all of the above in the Veteran Help Category.

Lots of good members here on the Forum who will take the time to guide you an answer your questions.

My advice is to concentrate on one particular question first , and once your good with that info , move on to another question.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 11:48

wow that's a lot of stuff you are going to have to start dealing with wish I were closer I really do . first advice don't wait to do CPPD down the road the best time to do this would be soon as you knew you were being medically released APPLY FOR EVERYTHING YOU ARE ENTITLED TO RIGHT NOW!!!!!! that can be the best advice you ever get on this matter . I say " can " because it only "is" if you actually take the advice .

CPPD ,DTC , ELB ,PIA and sup and others that may apply to you I MEAN EVERYTHING . oh I didn't mean right now I mean RIGHT FRACKING NOW!!!!

any specific questions you have their are a lot of experienced people here more than happy to help with your situation.

I hope as well you find someone in BC that is close enough to meet because your right that would be best.

propat

Back to top Go down

Need advice and direction to take.   Just joined  Empty Need advice and direction to take. Just joined

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 11:17

Good Day,

First, I see a great wealth of info here, but still need help in direction to take.

My situation:

Released 3b in Sept 15  
Started SSIP LTD and penision right away.
Drop out of course that I was taking online, too much for mind and body.
CM  switch me back to rehab program instead taking a course.
Hard to get a doctor. Clinic Doctor now for meds.

I would like to see if there is a person that could give face to face info, my situation is long and I could not include everything here and plus to many questions.  I live in the White Rock BC area, so Vancouver area would be fine to meet someone if possible.

I just need to be showen the ropes and best steps forward.  To be honest, worried about all the different agencies to deal with.  Should I try to do CPP in the future, apply for tax disability, take a course or not,  what to expect with dealings of LTD.  list goes on.

Thank you
Steelgunner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down