Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

+30
cdnnavy77
MikeCeeGB
jimmyB1
Zodiac
Hellraiser
puddleduk2
bulldozer
bosn181
Gunner8
peep
45jim
AirLog
SIGS PIGS
Teager
totransit
Newfie
By the Bay
SaintJohn18182
johnny211
Rustytheviking
BinRat
cosmo12
prawnstar
czerv
1993firebird
Vet1234
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
34 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 20 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Dannypaj Thu 03 Nov 2016, 07:56

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 20 Img_0211

BTW

YOUR administrative process = My med release and years of spinning in circles chasing my tail......nice system (i.e. VAC/VRAB and the long waiting period  .  it takes for ever for a decision and especially when you are blind sided with your first denial.

Just in case there is any doubt to my want "at the time" to be of service to Canada (mind, body and god forbid soul)....being a 3b release, is not enjoyable and was the most degrading form of punishment  for me personally...false hope and years of uncertainty.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 11:42; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 20 Empty Totally and Permanently Incapacitated

Post by Guest Wed 02 Nov 2016, 14:59

Totally and Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)

Click on the link below to learn about the criteria for considering a Veteran to be “totally and permanently incapacitated

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/1971

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 20 Empty Re: Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Dannypaj Sat 26 Mar 2016, 08:32

"Yet diminished earnings Capacity might allow someone to work part time, without losing their benefits".
I worked as a Commissionaire for 9 years after being medically released and now that they have me in rehab and I rerolled the wool back up from over my eyes also being older and wiser, yes, your right, they have to be (the GOC ) very careful or face the possibility of being sued....with a backlash!
I have the paper trail and the medical records. My case is a gong show and like everyone on here, I will fight them tooth and nail.
They keep changing things up and they are doing it for a reason. I am trying to look at the big picture of all that has happened and hopefully things  are getting better and not worst.  

Bottom line......when a military member signs a contract and is willing to do another 14 years even injured and then is kicked out medically and honourably because they don't meet the Universality of Service, sorry for complaining that I was unfairly treated...guess contracts do not mean anything. ( I still could of been useful to the CAF, that is what I am saying), I knew my limitations and if I didn't come forward it could be my life and others in the CAF, so regrets "YES", but doing the right thing was what I did at the time (admitting I had a medical condition).

Friend or Foe, time will tell
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 25 Mar 2016, 23:10

And btw, is it too much to ask VAC to send a LETTER of these changes to us?
Explaining. Dear Sir/Madam... abc is now xyz. It'll probably be in the Salute rag
sometime soon.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 25 Mar 2016, 21:31

My Gawd! What the heck is going on with these new names?

To me it's all pre-meditated confusion. PIA is CIA, and now TPI is DEC?
It ain't simplifying anything, just the opposite.

I can just imagine the possible revised fine print in policy docs and applications.
GOC, VAC should not do this. It fracks us up.

A change is one thing. But don't change the alphabet.
DEC? Uhh no, sorry but my dob was... FEB
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 25 Mar 2016, 17:50

I agree trooper. In order to be deemed TPI, you couldn't be able to work at all, or so little that it wouldn't be advantageous. Yet diminished earnings Capacity might allow someone to work part time, without losing their benefits. Or it might include those that can only find low paying jobs, compared to a healthy person of similar training and experience.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2016, 14:32

Sounds to me like their moving away from having to be Totally Permanently Incapacitated as a stand point in the qualifications of benefits , to a much lesser stand point of only having to be diminished as in the new term "Diminished Earning Capacity."

I could be wrong and others can jump in but this might be a good move for Veterans seeking benefits , as this could make benefits more accessible to them when applying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 25 Mar 2016, 13:58

Hmmmmm! What do you think? Trooper, to me it sounds like they want people to not be permanent! I get an uneasy feeling about this!

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Diminished Earning Capacity  (DEC) - Page 20 Empty Diminished Earning Capacity (DEC)

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2016, 12:36

Change in the term of (TPI)

"Totally Permanently Incapacitated" (TPI)  has been changed to  "Diminished Earning Capacity"  (DEC)

Continuation of benefit

(4) If the Minister determines that the veteran has a diminished earning capacity that is due to the physical or mental health problem for which the rehabilitation plan was developed, the earnings loss benefit continues to be payable to the veteran after the plan has been completed or cancelled until the earlier of
(a) the day on which the Minister determines that the veteran no longer has a diminished earning capacity that is due to that health problem.

Examination or assessment

20 (1) The Minister may, for the purpose of determining whether a veteran may continue to receive an earnings loss benefit, require a veteran who, as a result of a determination that they have a diminished earning capacity, is in receipt of an earnings loss benefit under section 18 — or would, but for their level of income, be in receipt of it — to undergo a medical examination or an assessment by a person specified by the Minister.

Diminished earning capacity

(3) The Minister may, on application, increase the career impact allowance that may be paid under subsection (2) by the amount set out in item 2.‍1, column 2, of Schedule 2, if the Minister determines that the veteran has a diminished earning capacity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20