Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wage Guarantee

+3
Rags
DazednConfused
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wage Guarantee Empty Re: Wage Guarantee

Post by johnny211 Mon 18 Apr 2016, 11:30

pinger - Ya I quess its case by case. I did go back to trades school at 54. Mind you it was quite a mental challange. They paid it all under Voc Rehab, but then once in the work force it fell apart. Now on EELB like you, and TPI, and wont be retraining again or working. But if I was a younger Vet again, It would be a hard decison. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 18 Apr 2016, 08:09

Yes, but understand there's a lot of variables. Biggest ones for me were my physical health and being 56 y/o.
They would have paid for my retraining... reluctantly, but I signed off on the eELB that they offered me instead. I wonder what most folks would do? Sure feels like I sold part of my soul.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 18 Apr 2016, 07:21

Thanks For that Pinger,
So what is the VAC impact other then not wanting to pay for retraining? Do they approve ELB and all the bells and whistles of lost wage stuff just forgo the retraining?

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 17 Apr 2016, 15:35

Simply put Rags, if your mid to late 50's Vac can write you off IN SOME SITUATIONS. 65 is right around the corner so any re-training (2, 4, 6 years part-time) ain't worth their dime. So many variables but that was my eELB sit.
Kinda like I wasn't cost effective enough for their purposes/ timeline. I wonder how sisip plays that ball?

On the flipside, someone middle aged or 30 y/o has much more time left to get any 66 2/3rds of anything suitably or gainful.
Wish I had the luxury of time... and not to be prodded by VAC either.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Sun 17 Apr 2016, 08:04

Pinger,
Expand on that comment about age and VAC using it? What are the issues with age a eelb and VAC?

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 16 Apr 2016, 18:55

I am not sisip. Just eelb and everything else.
Irregardless, something not mentioned in the above posts is someones.. age.
60 is different than 30 something, even a 50ish y/o.

Bear that in mind. VAC certainly does.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DazednConfused Fri 15 Apr 2016, 22:30

Thanks to everyone who responded. In its own twisted way, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one rowing this boat, but it's even more sad to know we have to be in this boat in the first place. I will update with any response I may get in the future. Have a great weekend, all!

DazednConfused
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Fri 15 Apr 2016, 11:10

Thanks johnny211

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 14 Apr 2016, 11:38

czrev - I only know how the ELB/EELB works. In my case it went like this. I went under Voc Rehab, when I was working retail. I then started to be topped up from VAC, too 75% of what I was making, when I got out as a Snr NCO rank. I continued to be topped up, and working for about 6 mths, when I decided with my case mgr, to go back to trade school. I started school, and then got 75% ELB as this was my only income. After a yr of school, I did get a job. As I was still on ELB, I got topped up for this job, because technically I was still under the Voc Rehab program. But then this scattered brain of mine, kicked into high gear, and the pieces fell apart. I had to leave this job. I then went back to 75% ELB. Until about 9 mths later, and after lots of assessments and paperwork, my cm deemed me TPI, and now I am on EELB. I just dont know the SISIP side of it. Not sure if that helped any. VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Apr 2016, 11:30

I've heard vac is really tightening the ELB program, really they ltd and vac should be mergered!

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Thu 14 Apr 2016, 11:12

Thanks for the info. I like to work with easy numbers, so for clarity sake:
Let say one had 100,00 pre release salary. 75% SISIP or VAC rehab= 75,000 (including everything:mil pension- if one has one, etc.). 66%=66,000
Now, you get a full time job that pays 50.000 a year (and will not get any better). What does it mean? If you add your mil pension (if you have one) and it goes over 66.000 then what?
They kick you out of your SISIP LTD? and/or VAC rehab?
Maybe I am confusing things here. I just started SISIP LTD. My VAC CM was 'recommending' to stay on SISIP past two years. VAC does not want to take people after the two years under their rehab programe? All very confusing

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Apr 2016, 12:35

well rags that is generally the case legally speaking for most insurance companies but depending on a lot of different factors figures FROM 60% TO 80% can be and have been applied . insurance companies generally use the 2/3 rds figure as it is the cheapest one that is legally defendable in a court action .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Wed 13 Apr 2016, 11:11

From what I have been told as I asked the direct question about SISIP LTD and what constitutes advantageously employed. They (SISIP) are forced to apply the court ordered standard in these cases as 66.66% of your release income is considered advantageously employable. What that is interpreted as is that your not considered advantageously employed by the insurer if you cant find or get a job due to your disability that does not pay you more then 66.66% of your release pay. This is a general court legal view that the insurer has been forced to apply as the judgement factor in deciding who is and who is not advantageously employed. It is a measure because in the past if left to the insurer they would say if your working and getting minimum wage your employed we dont need to help. Im only talking about SISIP LTD. But I assume that it is valid for all insurers as a measure.

Rags

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Wed 13 Apr 2016, 09:28

Rags, i understand how the imputed income works what i posted above is saying SISIP is NOT bound by that percentage!! I didn't write this its from the ombudsman report below, saying you heard something from "legal" means nothing show me something documented concerning the the SISIP policy 901102 and where they are bound by that percentage this report  says otherwise and there is no mention in the SISIP policy as well.

http://www.ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca/eng/reports/reports-reviews/reviewcharter01-examencharte01-01-2013

https://www.cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/SISIPFS/download/Documents/901102_e.pdf

Danny for ELB they wont cut you off below that imputed income percentage.............its in policy and regulations

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 13 Apr 2016, 09:17

I was cut off by SISIP as well after my two years, I was following orders. Yes I found employment, employment as a Commissionaire that is, guess I could never let go of serving in one form or another.
Callous the GOC are and beware of red tape, it may blind you on the way. I call that their red visor, which eventually like a horse, they direct your future to what ever direction their taking.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: