Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minister Kent Hehr "Interview"

+2
Dannypaj
srproctor
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Minister Kent Hehr "Interview" Empty Re: Minister Kent Hehr "Interview"

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Apr 2016, 06:57

They change their policies to suit themselves, watch and see...
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 05 Apr 2016, 06:55

Veterans have their eyes on you! Please do the right thing.

NEW ADVISOR FOR MVA

Additional info on the new member would be appreciated, it is all about communication.

http://www.hilltimes.com/2016/04/04/veterans-minister-hehr-hires-retired-lt-col-cyr-as-d-comms/55597
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 03 Apr 2016, 18:10

bigrex - I have a Vietnam Vet friend. Did 4 yrs over there. He had alot of problems due to agent orange. Even though he lives in PEI now, he gets flown back to the Boston Vet hospital a couple of times a yr to get checked on. He sits with a bunch of us Cdn Vets for coffee, and is amazed on the complex system we have, and how long our approval system is. I too am envious with that part of there system. VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 03 Apr 2016, 14:40

That is one thing that I am really envious of the States for. Not only do they have hospitals specifically for veterans, but they don't even have to have a service related injury to get treatment at one. If you're a Veteran, you can always get assistance, almost immediately if you live near a VA hospital. But here in Canada, you have to prove that the injury or illness is service related, wait for several months or years for a positive decision, and only then can you start getting help.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 14:15

well pinger some are in the fold so to speak at least the ones that stay local. you are right thou those that moved to different places witch is well most arnt in a lot of contact with disabled vets PA or NVC . all they here on disabled vets is whats in the papers vets concerns mixed with GOC propaganda .

im sure they did vote with vets concerns in mind but as far as voicing their opinion's to whomever it concerns is another thing . they are just uncomfortable with the subject matter because they just don't know for sure at least that's what I think.

how to bring them up to speed so to speak im unsure, you would have to do it so the message would counter all the other BS they my here with actual FACTS .

interesting buds for such a small post that's a lot of food for thought .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 12:59

We shall not go silently into the dark! As long as there's CSAT, Kents photo ops will always be under watch! Kent enough with your selfies! Get out and talk with real veterans who need services! And if not...........then to hellllllllllllllllllllll with ya!

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 03 Apr 2016, 12:49

Ya know what comes to my mind propat? A majority of veterans who are NOT disabled but have voices. Let's bring them into our corner somehow. Apathy comes to mind.
I've known a few way old timers, but we were on the same page... disabled banged up.

Where are the vets that served under PA or NVC that didn't get disabled? Living happily ever after? They got MANY MORE numbers than those of us banged up.
Hope I came across right.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 11:55

well pinger that has never been easy but possible . because I don't believe in impossibilities in general , since the start of two different systems giving vets two different sets of compensation unification will be fracking near impossible . may be an unintended GOC benefit to doing this or as I believe an intended benefit for them . regardless of that as hard as that was in the past it sure as heck aint easier today .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sun 03 Apr 2016, 11:40

My 2 cents.

Go directly and indirectly with intelligence and smarts for starters...

That said... we need  our own "unification" without the "fractures" . . .
Easier said than done though.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 10:38

Danny what I was saying as there's a difference between advocating directly and indirectly.

Directly advocating is up front contact with those in charge of looking after our well being , such as representing Veterans at a stakeholder meeting , direct contact with the staff of MVA , direct contact with our Ombudsman and so on.

Indirect advocating is where influence can be obtained by and open forum such as CSAT.
CSAT does not get involved directly with advocating such as advocates themselves or advocate groups.

That is the difference between the two.

As far as being a waste of time attending stakeholders meetings , that is a matter of opinion based on each person or persons views.
For example what Teen and Rex were writing above.
In my conversations yesterday outside of the forum , we discussed that very topic , has the Veteran advocacy run off it's track , has it become and advocacy of egos causing severe divisions in the veterans community.
Just some of the words sent to me yesterday by a sound individual who has first hand knowledge of this particular topic.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 03 Apr 2016, 10:13

It is always good to have someone at the table, so that we can know, and counter if need be, any opinions or suggestions that would not benefit ALL Veterans, or at least a broader spectrum of Veterans. Like Hehr said, that the stakeholders said that they didn't want a return of the PA, which is the right thing, but I would have suggested that bringing back the disability compensation sections from the Pension Act alone could be done, since the NVC is broken down by disability benefits, and financial support benefits. It's not an all or nothing piece of legislation. That is something that could be done quickly, AND correctly.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 03 Apr 2016, 07:48

"As the forum master I can tell you that CSAT is being looked at by the very people in charge of looking after the well being of Veterans".

Okay, from what I understand from reading your statement is that "the very people in charge"" are reading our blogs, so in reality it would be a waste of time attending these stakeholder meetings, since they, the people in charge are looking at CSAT anyway?
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Apr 2016, 06:31

Here is the deal with respect to who is representing VVi as and advocate.

The Chief Editor is the person who is representing VVi as our advocate.

Some words from our Chief Editor with regards to how things are standing today.

Yes, I still am the public face of VVi, when I am invited to attend...It has been a quiet time since the election because VVi was not invited to the December VAC meeting.  I only attend Parliamentary sessions when invited as a guest or witness.  There are plenty of sessions but attending all is just frustrating because many politicians really do not understand the issues.

Being an effective advocate means doing a lot of academic research to understand the legislation, policy and doctrine of VAC and the federal government.  

If someone wants to volunteer, then they have to understand that the vetting process is brutal.

There you have it straight from our Chief Editor , hopefully this will answer the questions raised in this regard.

Those who have interest in volunteering they are welcomed to apply , however as pointed out the vetting porcess will be brutal.
Any interest in applying will send their request to myself Forum Master via Private Message , the request will then be forwarded to the Chief Editor.

In closing I would just like to clarify that the CSAT Forum does not advocate directly in the way and advocate directly advocates , CSAT does however advocate indirectly as and open forum , as pointed out earlier it's important that we keep this in mind as being open to the public for all to view.
As the forum master I can tell you that CSAT is being looked at by the very people in charge of looking after the well being of Veterans.
If they see a Forum that is in complete chaos , they will not pay attention and it is the Veterans who will miss out on any possible positive influence CSAT has to offer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 02 Apr 2016, 19:05

Thanks for all the work! and hopefully they allow someone to be at the table representing the almost 900 members of CSAT + plus guest.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 16:29

Thanks Teen for clarifying about the Chief Editor of VVi still active with being involved in stakeholder meetings.

I have gotten a reply from Admin with respect to advocating on behalf of VVi.

Admin is going to contact the Chief Editor and between themselves will decide on which way they want to go with respect to future advocating.

Once a decision has been made , either myself or Admin will post the decision here on CSAT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next