Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

has anyone joined Milnet or army forums?

Go down

has anyone joined Milnet or army forums? Empty Re: has anyone joined Milnet or army forums?

Post by Teentitan on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 18:21

bigrex wrote:What I found with those forums, past tense since I don't go there anymore, is that many of the still serving members have the mentality that they are invulnerable, both in body and logic. This was evident when some yahoos started crappin on me when discussing the SISIP lawsuit and the reasons behind it. It was almost as if they had been brainwashed by the Torie mantra of "we support the troops!" and couldn't or wouldn't see and accept that the government was screwing us over. I guess until you go through the medical release and the extended battles with VAC and VRAB, it all seems very surreal.

Like they say Rex youth is wasted on the young!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3367
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

has anyone joined Milnet or army forums? Empty Re: has anyone joined Milnet or army forums?

Post by bigrex on Tue 09 Aug 2011, 17:29

What I found with those forums, past tense since I don't go there anymore, is that many of the still serving members have the mentality that they are invulnerable, both in body and logic. This was evident when some yahoos started crappin on me when discussing the SISIP lawsuit and the reasons behind it. It was almost as if they had been brainwashed by the Torie mantra of "we support the troops!" and couldn't or wouldn't see and accept that the government was screwing us over. I guess until you go through the medical release and the extended battles with VAC and VRAB, it all seems very surreal.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4009
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by SigsGuy63 on Mon 08 Aug 2011, 09:36

Hey skater275;
Yes I am on that site also. Like BinRat, I just like reading up on things as a way to keep in contact with things since being medically released back in 08. I find at times, they are a few that can be very scarcastic and really shoot off at the mouth knowing very little details.

It's kind of funny, I'm on another site called 'YotaTech', it's for people that have toyota 4x4's. There is nothing like that going on there. The second someone says something wrong or inapproprite, it's either deletated by the mods or it is re-tracked by the poster with an apology.

It's sad to see/read some of the comments that some of those troops come up with but, what can you do? I mostly read and leave, only making comments on the one's that I really feel I should or, know that I won't get 'racked over the coals' for saying something that someone else didn't like. There are only a few people that do it, for the most part, the rest of them are good.

SigsGuy63
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by skater275 on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 18:17

Hey Bin I mean these guys f**kin hate me man! they said I didn't back my fact with figures and when I said I want this thread to die, the manager gets on says he'll do it proceeds to shit on me. So I log off and deleted their address. Evil or Very Mad
skater275
skater275
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 14:44

Hey Skater....

Yeah I am on the Forums there, and Yes at times I am not sure of who's doing what, or even how they are thinking.

I read mostly there, cause like what happened to you, well you weren't the first person they crapped all over for saying one thing, that they didn't like or didn't agree with
But actually yes they are Serving Military and Ex-Military there, and from what I have read, ranks go from Officer, Snr NCO all the way down to I wanna join recruit...

But the one or part that kills me is a few subjects there, that Peter Stoffer has Done or is trying to do, and they on there seem to crap all over him, thinking he's shouldn't be
doing this or that.

But Yeah I don't get it over there, seems alot of them are Conservatives from some reason, mention Liberal and or NDP and you'll get an ear full as well, So I dunno I can't explain
it, or there reasoning, So I will just continue to read most posts, well 4 groups really, the Main one, VAC, retirement thread and Personal Locator, the only one's I really read
Don't get into the other topics subjects...

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

has anyone joined Milnet or army forums? Empty has anyone joined Milnet or army forums?

Post by skater275 on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 09:50

I was wondering if anyone ever visited or prat take in Army forums or Milnet? who are these guys? I asked a question about a book I read (the Ultimatum) and from that basis I asked if you will fight if the US ever attack? just a question, also I think the F35 is single engine and overpriced and why not the F18 superhornet. Well the responses were not what I expected. My problem with these barrack room whiz kids they got right under my skin and I fell for it. I feel some of these guys that play online military games and cuss out anyone that doesn't agree with them your told by the site managers I quote " if you can't handle the shit log out and fuck off" WTF? is there a special new code to talk to younger vets I don't know about?
skater275
skater275
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down