Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DTC Why are the Neediest Disabled Canadians Receiving the Least Benefit?

+5
Teentitan
pinger
bigrex
johnny211
1993firebird
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

DTC Why are the Neediest Disabled Canadians Receiving the Least Benefit? - Page 2 Empty Re: DTC Why are the Neediest Disabled Canadians Receiving the Least Benefit?

Post by 1993firebird Tue 19 Jul 2016, 20:11

DTC has nothing to do with ability to work or not.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

DTC Why are the Neediest Disabled Canadians Receiving the Least Benefit? - Page 2 Empty Re: DTC Why are the Neediest Disabled Canadians Receiving the Least Benefit?

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2016, 19:07

BINGO for the prawnstar

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Tue 19 Jul 2016, 15:09

I guess I was one of the "lucky" ones. My shrink had several RCMP and veteran clients and she knew exactly what to say and how to say it to VAC and CPP. Like Robbie said it's all in the way it's worded. Permanently and totally and will never be employable are words she used.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2016, 14:15

absolutely correct my friend

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 19 Jul 2016, 13:35

Yes, having a good relationship with your doctor definitely helps. I was lucky that when I released, my family's doctor took me on as a patient, so she had known me since I was 20. So when she was filling out the DTC paperwork, she knew exactly how disabled I was, in comparison to my younger days, and it was approved on the first try. Unfortunately, that is not something that can be easily achieved with a new doctor, or at a walk in clinic.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2016, 13:09

DTC does not mix vocabulary period, cut and dried you can or cannot work, any such wording as potentially or may, could or any slight in the wording of yes or no you wont get the DTC. If your health care provider or family doctor treats you like an average person and not taking in consideration your age, condition and what you would be if you where normal then it is a bias opinion and worth diddly squat. If you are 100% disabled through VAC and you receive CPPD then someone isn't doing their job. Its about common sense, I actually walked my doctor through the process and yup he didn't like it but he couldn't disagree either, you want something then make sure your part of the legwork after all your the injured one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 15 Jul 2016, 10:59

Trooper I totally agree with everything you stated. Yes we are getting nothing from VAC and we are definitely not getting any info from the involved vet orgs because they signed that stupid confidentiality form.

Until the benefits of the NVC are improved I just get tired of reading the same negativity about the benefit. Just thought I'd shake the apple tree and see if an apple follows gravity and bonks someone on the head with an idea to move the process along.

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jul 2016, 10:56

ya bigrex i do realize the math in regards to CPPD as it stands today and in many cases you are still better off with it and in NO case are you worse of .

politicians don't changes to many national benefits for civvies very often because they dealing with a huge voter block . so will CPPD and CPP still be around next year or 5 years from now ??? yup their is a chance it could disappear i get that but if i were a betting man id say it will not only still be their but be improved .

as for the small voting block of disabled vets do ya think they will not frack with our benefits or change them in any way ???? now think back over the last decade or so .

my last post stated this

"
ya see I understood at that time that a government that could take a 2.4 million dollar benefit and turn it into a 250 thousand dollar benefit while at the same time calling it the best thing that ever happened to me or people like me since the inception of the pension act has absolutely no limits to the depravity they are willing to sink to save a buck . "

heck i voted for the cons thinking for sure they would NEVER implement the NVC at least with the buyout intact but here we are and i took care of myself so i would be covered in case any other crappy changes came down the pipeline .

ya think a government that took a 2.4 million dollar benefit down to 250 grand would not change things ????

ya think the RISB will not change in the next decade ???? ya think it will even still exist ????

heck they could eliminate the frackin thing in the 2017 budjet for frack sakes .

MY CPP is frozen at the high level and that gives me A LOT of piece of mind today and will continue to do so till I'm 65 and if it ends up not helping me financially ill still have another 15 years of piece of mind .

will i benifit from the new changes to CPP ???? the math aint all finalized yet and can change over the years as well so who really knows right now .

my point was and still is .

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES !!!!

get out their and apply apply apply .

if you do they are not going to stamp " no desert " on your meal card .

or ya can sit back and let the GOC take care of you as they see fit .

in a proper place and time I'm sure that would work out great for ya .

todays day and age ????? hmmmmm ???? me thinks you are rolling some very loaded dice .

do yourself a favor pleas .

DONT TRUST THEM FRACKES !!!

TRUST YOURSELF !!!!

the benefit you apply for today may not be available for you tomorrow .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 18:10

Teen CSAT is loaded with Ideas, there's plenty of topics already posted on here with Ideas including some from myself. Ideas have been posted on here since the campaign for the election, way before the Liberals were elected, and more after they got elected. I'm not discouraging anyone from posting Ideas on CSAT, I'm given my opinion on what I have seen come from the Liberals thus far, the way they are going about our file, and the way I see it going forward. I fully stand by my opinion, until I see real improvements, real progress and progress reports on the lifelong pension, for me, nothing has changed. One could be hopeful, one could write their opinions and Ideas but at the end of the day if those Ideas are not acted on, which I have yet to see, and have yet to here, what has been accomplished? Yes one should continue the fight and never give up the fight, but there comes a time when one needs to take a long hard look at the reality of what has transpired thus far on our file and contemplate a change in tactics. OR one could carry on the way it's been and continue getting shafted by the very people in charge of fixing and making things better for Veterans. Bandage solutions are just that, it will not attack the heart of the problem. The Veterans post 2006 are the ones getting shafted, as I said many times before it is the lump sum versus the tax free lifelong pension from the old act that is at the top, the very top of what should be focused on and made a priority from both the MVA and those groups advocating for it. That's not happening, offices are being re-opened, the ELB increase is flawed, the disability award retro is not going to be the amount people are anxiously waiting for. Personally myself I see the priority being the return of the tax free lifelong pension, it is clear now that will not happen, not by this government and not by the Equitas suit if won. So I have no problem with people putting out Ideas, what I do have a problem with is having Veterans being given false hope in thinking that this government is going to implement something even close to the tax free lifelong pension from the old act, they would have done it by now OR at least spoke about it in some way or form, what we here is the same thing over an over again, we want to make sure Veterans and their families are looked after, well that's all good but that does not give us the tax free lifelong pension, that doesn't assure us that one will be coming in that form. With all that said I'm certain that a lot see it differently and are good with the NVC as long as improvements continue to come forward, I say all the power to you an hope that the improvements are sufficient enough to give you the security you all deserve, but that does not change my view on what I see as a fix, and it doesn't change my opinion on what I think the MVA OR the bureaucrats for that matter think of our Ideas.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 14 Jul 2016, 15:45

I forgot to make a copy of my DTC application before I mailed it.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 14 Jul 2016, 15:29

Some very good posts.

Ideas, opinions, and suggestions teen are a good thing, kinda like a think-tank.
Even something out in left-field could have merits. One never knows if it ain't out there
to begin with though.

Trooper you wrote "Also the DTC has to be mailed so make sure you are the one who mails it out, or seals the envelope making sure you see what the doctor has wrote."
Very good advice. I was in that situation with some other applic. or form. My doctors part was only a quarter of what I sent along. So I mailed it MY way after checking it for blips WITH my doctor before I even left her office, and printing a copy for myself.

But lol back to the herring choker. You only mentioned 'apply' 8 times today in your post.
So there is hope for you after all Smile
You say apply, I say register mail. Put it together... and mail strikes don't last years.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 14 Jul 2016, 14:59

Good point, didn't think of it that way but what other existing payment could be converted?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 14 Jul 2016, 14:29

Teen, I can't agree with your suggestion, about simply converting ELB/EELB into the life long pension, as that it would actually reduce the number of benefits severely disabled Veterans can get, since currently you have Veterans getting a disability pension/award, and the EELB. Plus it would always compensate a senior rank, more than it would a junior rank, regardless of the severity of the disability, because it's based on their military pay. So if ELB is turned into a life long pension, a Major, with a 5% disability, would get 90% or 100% of his military pay (approx $9400/mo) for life, plus has the ability to work, while a 100% disabled maxed out Corporal, who can no longer work, would get 90% or 100% of a approximately $5200. There is no actual monthly monetary difference between ELB and EELB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 14 Jul 2016, 13:08

Trooper I have been dealing with the VAC bureaucrats for almost a decade now and believe me when I say this....an innocent comment or idea sometimes solves a puzzle for them.

They live within the walls of legislation and they don't even realize they are trapped into that mode of thinking.

So when I say start thinking outside the box and posting it on CSAT or the new idea forum VAC is creating do it.

If all we are going to do is just sit and complain about what is then CSAT will be ignored. But if we start posting what can ideas, opinions, suggestions and it spreads to the other vet orgs and starts getting a louder voice heard by Hehr, VAC, bureaucrats then what have we got to lose?

CSAT is about veterans helping veterans right? Well why can't we try to help the Legislative Challenged Bureaucrats at VAC by making suggestions to help create that one puzzle piece that completes the puzzle?

Reinstating the life long pension is equivalent to creating a new legislation. That is obviously the road block VAC is facing. So I'm saying why not take the ELB and EELB and make that the lifelong pension?

A vet on ELB that finds a job gets to keep his ELB for life as the tax free life long pension.

The severly disabled vet gets the EELB for life as their tax free pension.

That way CPPD will not affect the EELB rather enhance that severly disabled veterans financial situation.

Plant the seed...it might not work but hey I tried to help VAC solve a problem.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2016, 12:45

This past Tuesday evening Mark Campbell spoke on VETERAN GUERRILLA RADIO which I streamed the video on CSAT, for those who watched him speak he said that he is confident that a lifelong pension will be available by budget 2017. He say's that the lifelong pension will be just as good, if not better than the lifelong pension from the PA. I am happy to see that Mark and Mike Blais are hopeful and have enough confidence to say those words regarding the lifelong pension promise from the government, I'm also grateful for any Veteran group or Veteran working hard to make things better for Veterans. However, I have my own doubts of any lifelong pension brought forward by this government to be even close to the lifelong pension of the old pension act. I wish I could say different, I wish I could be more optimistic but what I have seen so far coming out from our MVA is bandage solutions which is coming from the bureaucrats, not the MVA, the MVA just passes it on. You all have seen videos of the last stakeholder meeting, nothing proactive came from it, nothing came out from it because our MVA is listening, but not acting, what he is acting on is what the bureaucrats are saying an doing. What's troubling about all of this is that certain groups are being mislead that what they are asking for, to our MVA is going to be implemented. The government would not give their promise in writing to Equitas because what interest Equitas has, the government does not. Our MVA is so far showed only to hold the title of position, not the knowledge of our file, he clearly counts on the bureaucrats for the knowledge and the implementations, I need not have to go further in understanding what lies ahead for Veterans with regards to what we will get in terms of a lifelong pension. So Teen when you say Hehr is looking for Ideas, he maybe looking for Ideas but I have my doubts that any Ideas we may bring forward is going to be taken seriously from him, unless of course the Idea fits into the minds of the bureaucrats.

With regards to the DTC reference Firebirds application, I can only say what I have read in the past which is that the CRA has a board who looks at the application, what the board looks for is anyone's guess, however, one could easily assume that what has been said by the doctor filling the form is, if not the key factor in determining, one of the key factors. From my own past experience it has always been the doctors info that got me the approval. One of three things can happen from the boards decision, your approved, your denied, your file has been sent back to your doctor for further info. I have seen a lot of CSAT members get approved for the DTC, so if denied worry not, your not the only one who got denied the first time around, appeal which will give you another chance at it. Just a note here to consider when applying, make sure your doctor supports you in your application, if they don't, don't waste your time with that doctor, find another one. Also the DTC has to be mailed so make sure you are the one who mails it out, or seals the envelope making sure you see what the doctor has wrote. If you have any concerns about how the form was filled out, take this up with your doctor before the application is sent out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next