Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Doctor

3 posters

Go down

New Doctor Empty Re: New Doctor

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2016, 14:56

Good luck Firebird

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 07 Jul 2016, 14:35

Easy bruce72 , I hear ya loud and clear. Working on another way through my psychiatrist who is an MD.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2016, 12:30

Dump the idiot doctor. Just because he's educated, doesn't make him competent. .

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 06 Jul 2016, 14:39

Thanks czerv.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 06 Jul 2016, 09:59

You have the right to dump your doctor (but do it nicely, because he will write in your papers that you are hostile patient otherwise). Report him to their board, etc., etc.
He has a job thanks to you (and I and all the patients). Write a review of him on internet (there is a place for that) etc.
Find a new one.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 06 Jul 2016, 07:56

Thanks guy's , all things that I have considered.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jul 2016, 18:23

That's a bad sign, if his not going to support you for what your previous doctor supported, I'm wondering what else he will not support for you. I realize there's a shortage of doctors but perhaps you can go back on the list claiming the lack of support, but keep this doctor while you wait it out. Perhaps you can go to a walk in clinic and state your request to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 05 Jul 2016, 16:58

That really sucks, but maybe you need to tell him that it really doesn't matter what he personally believes. You are the patient, and therefor it only matters what YOU believe. It doesn't cost him anything to send a referral or write a prescription, and if anything, he is being paid to provide the medical treatment that you require. If he refuses, then you can report him to the Ontario School of Physicians, who oversees everyone who is practicing medicine in the province. After all, these are not controversial treatments. They are not experimental treatments. They are well known and accepted by the vast majority of doctors. But I do have to ask, is your new doctor a recent immigrant? If so that may explain his stance, since those treatments seem to be mainly a North American and European concept.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

New Doctor Empty New Doctor

Post by 1993firebird Tue 05 Jul 2016, 16:38

Recently got a new family Doctor who took over from my previous family Doctor as she retired. He does not believe in physiotherapy , massage therapy , chiropractor therapy and osteopath therapy. The first three I have been receiving for a long time and my current Doctor note approval is from my previous Doctor. I recently requested from my current Doctor approval for osteopath therapy as Veterans Affairs pays for 20 sessions a year and he will not recommend it as he does not believe in it and when my current approvals for the other therapy's expire he will not approve them either. There is a Doctor shortage where I live so things just got difficult for me to deal with , something that I have been receiving since 2000 is no longer approved.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down