Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

+18
Teentitan
Newfie
turbo
PipperNavy
armybulldog
ceedee
liverlover
tetech
oldsailor
Nemo
hello39s
TripleT
Sapper Zodiak
snrnavcom
peep
1993firebird
rzm71
rucksack031
22 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by peep Tue 28 Jul 2015, 17:47

No letter nada.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics) - Page 2 Empty Re: SISIP COLA RETRO (Assorted Topics)

Post by 1993firebird Tue 28 Jul 2015, 17:46

Sorry to here that peep but you must receive a letter of explanation if you do not receive any COLA.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 28 Jul 2015, 16:52

Zippo, zilch, nothing - Nil
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jul 2015, 19:06

My guess an the way in which I understand it - or read it is that if you had an administrative correction from your first retro an that correction was not implemented in your first retro , they will deduct that correction amount from your now Cola.
What they won't do is go beyond the 0 dollar amount - in other words they will not come after you for any negative amounts below that correction amount - so if your negative $600.00 - your Cola will be 0 dollars.
This may be the reason behind seeing two members with almost Identical numbers , and one member receiving $100.00 Cola an the other receiving $10.000.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jul 2015, 18:35

Trooper, what does that mean? Duh, I don't understand.
If it means a member in debt to SISIP from the past, I owed Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jul 2015, 18:09

If you take a look at para (10) of the Cola court order it states that " If a class member had a pension act offset cancelled by the first May 01 2012 order and the debt cancellation was not factored into the calculation from the members first refund , the principal refund amount shall be reduced by the pension act debt cancelled.
If the administrative is " NEGATIVE " it can be used to reduce the Cola refund otherwise payable , but in no event shall the member be left owing arising from the administration correction "

Also if you look at para (24) of the Cola order it states that Deloitte will review, monitor and report quarterly on the process and compliance of the order.

So this may answer some questions asked about the Cola for those who did not fair well.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Sat 18 Jul 2015, 10:23

My retro was around $53,000 , for a total of two years , that is with the interest and anything else. I think my clawback amount was around $47,000. My COLA was $270 before deductions.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jul 2015, 08:56

It doesn't make sense to get Zero either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jul 2015, 23:01

It doesn't freckin make sense.......... I still don['t' understand it. I got a pile of fracking money from the cola and I'm afraid to do anything with it because I'm afraid they made a mistake! For the life of me, I can't figure out how they came up with 40% of my original settlement for COLA

Back to top Go down

Post by PipperNavy Fri 17 Jul 2015, 19:37

I finally got mine yesterday as well .. good luck to the rest still waiting
PipperNavy
PipperNavy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 17 Jul 2015, 17:04

Thanks Rifleman and RobbieRoyal , something is better than nothing. Now I am waiting for my LTD appeal decision with SISIP and my application for PIA decision with VAC.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jul 2015, 15:25

congrats finally firebird sweet jesus almost over

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Fri 17 Jul 2015, 14:59

I don't know what the outcome was for you firebird but I am happy that this portion has come to a end for you congrats

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 17 Jul 2015, 14:46

I got my COLA today.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Thu 16 Jul 2015, 17:14

No COLA or letter , anyone out there get COLA yet this month?

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next