Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

+8
1sea0shell33
Panserbjørn
Vet1234
pinger
bigrex
Rifleman
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
12 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?  - Page 11 Empty Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by 1993firebird Wed 24 Aug 2016, 13:23

Glad I have ELB and LTD.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?  - Page 11 Empty Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by LawnBoy77777 Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:45

I spoke to a reporter today on this in hopes she will do a story. She is with the Chronicle Herald.

I mentioned how unfair this would be if SISIP does not go up too:

1. SISIP is 1st payer for service injury so that means only 75% after getting hurt in service but rises to 90% after SISIP ends? Insane.

2. The right way is to get SISIP LTD as it does not Compensate for loss in Tort but is payable in contract. If they reduce your SISIP to zero because of clawbacks, why did you pay for it? Ref: Consolidated Bathurst SCC.

3. The Bradburn Rule says you get SISIP LTD + damages

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:12

in this case ELB but in the brooder sense as initially intended . CPPD, PIA , SUPP and everything you feel you qualify for wether it helps you or not as it may sometime down the road .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:07

Propat- Apply for what ? The sisip increase to 90% ? I do not believe that is possible ....no "PEN" form for this one Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 11:00

trooper there is absolutely no reason the GOC cannot announce an intended change . they could have announced it when they announced the ELB change .

will they change it ??? ya I do ASSUME they will but I have no hard evidence whatsoever to prove it .

everything I believed I qualified for I applied for whether it helped me financially or not .

still hoping for the best but was planning for the worse .

ive said years ago apply apply apply and I will keep saying it because I believe it to be the smart thing to do.

will applying help you in any way ??? its possible .

will it hurt ??? not at all.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:55

If this is the case Trooper and i agree its a plausible why not a senior member such as the MVA or the TB commenting....Us guessing or assuming ....ass-u-me ...... Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:49

I bet Micheal Blais will have a answer within 3 weeks ...He hangs out with the top dogs ....Is he a CSAT member? We need him reporting in here too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:38

If you read the first post of this topic, posted by myself you can get a better understanding of why were not hearing anything from SISIP on the 15% increase. SISIP and the ELB fall under different government depts, ELB falls under VAC where SISIP falls under the CDS where the funds are allocated from the treasury board. This is the reason why we have yet to hear from SISIP. I have no doubts that SISIP will follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB, SISIP mirrors the ELB and as per my first post in this topic you can see from what I have provided SISIP has followed VAC's actions regarding the ELB in the past, so I have no doubts about SISIP continuing to follow VAC's actions on the ELB.

Look for an announcement on this from SISIP, April 2017, OR sooner. Also look for SISIP announcing retroactively payments of the 15% increase, back to Oct 01, 2016.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 10:37

apply apply apply !!!!!!! when all your appeals are done apply again lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2016, 09:57

Just read this

Michael Blais
22 August at 20:17 ·

Prepare for battle!

At this moment, SISIP IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE EQUATION reference the October 1st date.

Canada's most seriously wounded warriors have been abandoned...

We have engaged!

More to follow

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 23 Aug 2016, 17:36

I think that they will be making some kind of announcement, near the end of Sept to Oct 1st, to officially announce the ELB/SISIP change and maximize the press coverage, showing how the Liberals are taking care of Veterans. But until they make that public announcement, they will likely not be able to say anything.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 23 Aug 2016, 16:56

Because the increase to ELB starts in October so SISIP should know by mid September.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Tue 23 Aug 2016, 16:56

These frAcking morons will not tell you anything I've called on numerous occasions and still no answers

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Aug 2016, 15:10

Why do i call mid September?

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 23 Aug 2016, 15:05

Call middle of September.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next