Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

+8
1sea0shell33
Panserbjørn
Vet1234
pinger
bigrex
Rifleman
1993firebird
LawnBoy77777
12 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by 1sea0shell33 Fri 16 Sep 2016, 14:53

Elgin, were you approved elb or eelb because i just called vac and they said there is a difference. You could have been approved for elb and since sisip ltd took over never had vac moved you from elb to eelb.

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Will SISIP follow VAC's 15% increase to the ELB?

Post by Ex Member Fri 16 Sep 2016, 14:48

"But from what I was told is if you were approved for ELB but zeroed out because of LTD you would get the 15% increase but under ELB not LTD".

That's what I was understanding Teentitan but according to the dva agent he said that I won't get the 15% even though I am on ELB but zeroed out due to LTD because my EIA and LTD are too high. Does that make any sense because in the dva letter received today on my vac account, it states that they are increasing the Earnings Loss Benefit from 75% to 90% of recipients' adjusted military salary at the time of release, resulting in a minimum total annual income of $44,496.00. So is there a cap on the $44,496.00 to reflect the  total LTD, EIA, CppD combined? If there is a cap, then many won't see the 15% increase in actuality.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 16 Sep 2016, 13:58

Elgin this letter that was released at 0200 hours and it caught everyone at VAC off guard and not properly informed. I just talked to VAC and the rep on the other end of the line said they are way behind on the info and what to tell people. The answers seem to be changing every hour.

So I would wait for the letter that is coming out mid October.

But from what I was told is if you were approved for ELB but zeroed out because of LTD you would get the 15% increase but under ELB not LTD.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 16 Sep 2016, 13:34

I am quite confused. I got the ELB letter on my vac account too but I called dva today and if I understand the agent correctly I won't be getting an increase of ELB. I was approved ELB in previous years but was zeroed out due to receiving LTD, CPPd, EIA. So can someone explain why I won't be getting an increase differential of 15%. Would it be that combined monthly benefits are too high?

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 16 Sep 2016, 13:11

Rex they can't even ensure that the lifelong will be taxed or tax free. LOL

This whole thing seems like a "barn rat purge". Back in the day at my uncle's dairy farm once every couple of weeks we would all stand in the barn after dark. We had shovels in our hands and we would stand still for up to half an hour in the dark. Then someone would put on the lights and it was whack the rats time. Didn't get them all but we got a lot.

Same applies here. The TB and PMO are standing in the dark and the light's are going to come on in mid October and the whacking begins for those who have not applied under NVC.

Now they can say we are going to be loose on the rules but, and this is an important but, is anyone going to count the applications? Without the official, third party count, how do we really believe they are being 'loose' on the rules?

This is a PR department wet dream! No oversight and we can say whatever we want!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 16 Sep 2016, 12:58

The thing is, if they ensure that everyone who is getting SISIP and has a recognized service related injury, gets the additional money, I doubt that a court case will be successful. The government will say that those who are disabled due to the military career, should receive better benefits than those who were medically released for other reasons. Is it fair? Not really, but unfortunately, not everything that is legal, is fair.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 16 Sep 2016, 11:33

2025 seems to be the date I kept hearing for the phasing out of SISIP. It does look like it will be a non service related injury program.

One thing though is if the TB wants to phase it out then it's time to ween SISIP to fatten VAC. I know it is a huge amount of money added to VAC's coffer to pay vets but they need to start. Maybe they are creating another 'big' problem so they can swoop in and be the hero?

All I know is it does not look good for Trudeau as his office was in on the decision not to increase SISIP LTD. Hope Blais can get the truth out of him on 4 Oct.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn Fri 16 Sep 2016, 11:31

Looks like it is now official. Glad I got my message as well.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 11:06

that is exactly my situation 1sea0shell33 to the letter hell we are mirrored and thats what I thought as my best buddy did not and will not receive this letter from VAC because he lost a his appeal for SISIP last fall, makes sense to me thanks brother

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Fri 16 Sep 2016, 10:53

Also if anyone who didn't get a letter better apply for ELB because according to my source the only people who got letters are people on ELB, eelb who are in the vac system. Even if your zeroed out by Sisip ltd

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Fri 16 Sep 2016, 09:43

Mr. Rob , I got the exact same message in my vac account inbox last night! Even after my Vac cm said there was no direction as of yet. I , like you are tpi and approved for eelb since 2006 but my Sisip LTd zeros it out. I receive eia also which cancels tpi. So I called the Hamilton district office which covers the Niagara region and talked to the area manager who informed me that I will receive the difference once we fill out the paperwork in Oct. Also since I'm eelb unless anything changes I will receive it until 65. Oh, another little tid bit, I asked what's going to happen to Sisip LTd and he stated " the same thing as what happened to the dinosaurs" we had a laugh but Sisip LTd is going to turn into a non service related injury insurance plan .

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 16 Sep 2016, 08:42

Hi Robbie, bigrex - I got the same msg in my Vac Inbox this am. Seems like letters will be coming in Oct.
VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 16 Sep 2016, 08:39

Robbie, just knowing the difference between ELB and EELB should be enough to keep the confusion level down.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 16 Sep 2016, 08:28

Basically, this could effectively phase out SISIP, because those being medically released in the future, regardless of the reason, will automatically apply for rehab/ELB, instead of SISIP. Even if they apply for both, if they are severely disabled, they will focus on trying to get the TPI determination, and allow SISIP to cut them off after the 24 months.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 08:04

One question Teen, I am EELB and when I contacted VAC they stated yes you have already been qualified ELB and are TPI, is it me but should this not be called ELB/TPI/ and whatever label they tag to quell the confusion or is confusion just the norm I am confused lol
?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next