Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OVO a waste of taxpayer money?

+2
pinger
LawnBoy77777
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OVO a waste of taxpayer money? - Page 3 Empty Re: OVO a waste of taxpayer money?

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 25 Aug 2016, 18:57

I hear you. Just don't think that just because they say they can do something really means they can do it.

Case in point:

From 1976-2012, Canada, not Manulife, stole the SISIP LTD payment from 10k disabled veterans to the tune of $2 Billion.

Ask anyone, in that time, was that OK?

Answer would be yes.

After the Manuge case, no. The government did not have the right to give with one hand & take back with another.

I'm saying they ask for things they have no right to ask.

The Pension Act pensioner was not asked by VAC about their CPP or CF pension. Why are we being asked?

One vet, 1 standard.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

OVO a waste of taxpayer money? - Page 3 Empty Re: OVO a waste of taxpayer money?

Post by Teentitan Thu 25 Aug 2016, 18:44

LawnBoy the OVO is not the same as a union. The OVO is not an independent Ombudsman. They have a specific mandate to address 'systemic' problems veterans are facing....once they are in the system, the VAC system.

If you refuse to fill out the forms then that is your choice. So you have to respect the OVO's choice not to help you. As a former CRA employee you know that until the proper forms are filled out you cannot help an individual until said forms are filled out to relieve you of any legal liability.

I respect what you are trying to do.

Just don't expect full support from veterans if you want to be a lone wolf and do what "you" think is right or expect us to follow you down your rabbit hole following your rules. We have done that before and it cost a lot of us a lot of money we had to pay to lawyers.

One more thing; as long as you ignore VAC's rules you are going to be running into a lot of walls. Walls that are only going to frustrate you which will only lead you down a path of anger. You have what seems to be a solid case so follow the rules so you can shove it back in their face.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 25 Aug 2016, 17:52

The reason I am fighting them is they are not supposed to fight veterans. I was a Reservist. In my civilian job, I had a union. The OVO is like a union. They have a Duty of Fair Representation.

The most recent hangup was about a denial of an ELB application. Not a Rehab application as ELB was promised to Res F vets based on last year's equity fix.

I can tell you that they will come up with some BS reason if I applied in the manner they want.

They approved me in NOV12, I told them that application obviously was OK so use that.

They are putting their needs ahead of the veteran. I don't like illegality.

Their forms ask for information that is not required. Therefore, I can't fill out the form the way they want.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2016, 17:24

I agree with Teen, one cannot fight a system within the system itself unless what your fighting for is already embedded into that system. In other words one may not agree with the set rules or policy within a system, but in order to fight to change those set rules or policies that is in question, one needs to go outside of the system such as the courts to fight for change.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 20 Aug 2016, 16:13

Lawnboy as long as you say no to the VAC process then why do you expect both Ombudsman and VAC to listen to you?

If you want to be a lone wolf in your VOC rehab then have at it. But please don't call the OVO a waste of taxpayer money because you are not following the rules to make you a veteran that can use the OVO.

Though I don't totally understand what you are doing I'm sure you will be able to explain what you are doing after your appointment with the lawyer.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Sat 20 Aug 2016, 16:05

I know their mandate. SISIP LTD = ELB. Therefore both Ombudsmen can deal with me. far as I'm concerned, SISIP LTD can only be received AFTER release so the CF has no mandate in law to run the program. VAC has the statutory mandate to run SISIP LTD. VAC & the CF have been fighting about this for decades. Each wants to run the cash cow.

VAC uses this division to screw us over. For example, I was talking to VAC yesterday & they said I need to apply for Rehab. I said no, I don't. I'm on the same program run by another government department. They are exactly the same, for the most part. In fact, I told VAC, SISIP LTD is the 1st payer for service injuries so that is proof that my SISIP LTD is the same as ELB. Canada should pay for service injuries, not us. Most everyone doesn't understand that SISIP LTD is us. Not Canada. It is a Non-Public Property entity.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 20 Aug 2016, 11:50

Well from what I could understand of what you have been posting; until you get your reasons in a court room accepted by a judge and a lawsuit started.

Each ombudsman office receive a lot of calls that the caller believes is truth. So get your issue into court, make a lawsuit then maybe they will listen.

I can tell you that if your lawsuit revolves around SISIP only the OVO will not be interested because, as I told you in an earlier post, SISIP is a DND issue not a VAC issue.

If you include the ELB in your lawsuit then yes the OVO will get involved ONLY if it is a systemic problem. That is the OVO mandate systemic problems.

You need to read each ombudsman's mandate before you burn all your bridges with them.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Sat 20 Aug 2016, 11:39

CF Ombudsman is not listening either. They don't hang up. They don't answer my call.

Funny though, I convinced an Ombudsman investigator to look into the illegal CPP set offs from SISIP/CF pension/ELB. Then they changed their mind & she was transferred!

Then I called about the Res F pension problem. Only 100 people get a pension & 5k get a DEFERRED pension since 2007 despite only 3k Reg F deferred pensioners, since 1959!

CFO said not interested.

Then I sent a report to CDS Vance & he said he would have someone investigate! Then Ombud called & said they would look into it!

Both Ombudsmen, or at least their staff, are actively opposing my efforts to get things fixed.

I think they believe they are acting in Canada's best interest by suppressing my stuff as the cost will be huge.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 20 Aug 2016, 11:27

Lawnboy you did not answer my question....did you call the CF Ombudsman?

The issue's you are calling the OVO with are not in their mandate. Not to mention you are not a VAC client either.

Also important for you to read so you connect with the right government office is the madate of the OVO and CF Ombudsman. The OVO is not a typical Ombudsman. Rules are in place for what they can and cannot do. So I strongly suggest you read their mandates before calling them; not mention it will explain why they hung up on you.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Sat 20 Aug 2016, 06:40

Trooper, thx for the welcoming attitude. It is a refreshing change. I find veterans can be our own worst enemy, sometimes. When I started my "crusade" against this I had many say I was wrong but because I reference everything, the attacks were personal, not on facts. Now they ignore me because they cannot disprove my points.

Perhaps I might start a thread & list the main legal references as a guide for your patrons.

I was just saying to my wife that what I am doing will save money in the long run because the longer this mess goes on, the higher price tag it will carry when they get caught. While sort of "tongue in cheek," there is some truth there.

I offered the government a deal. Fix this voluntarily & I will ask for less Punitive damages. I don't want to bankrupt Canada. However, the deal was not taken so I will ask for 5-7x what we are owed (Brine TCC & Whiten SCC, Wallace SCC, Vorvis SCC). I'll bet I won't get more than 2-3x as the judge will give the government a break.

I wasn't part of the SISIP case. That case should have gotten Punitive damages, imo

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Aug 2016, 05:58

LawnBoy I encourage every CSAT member to post on the forum. You will not wear out your welcome here. I appreciate your respect towards the forum and truly appreciate your points of view, I encourage you to continue posting, sharing your thoughts and participating as much as you like. Your no different them any other member of the forum in terms of participating, this is exactly what makes the forum proactive in terms of the amount of info/help that is added each and every day. The more questions asked, the more points of views brought forward, the better!

Regarding your suit and references to law, that is an interesting subject that is welcomed for discussion, I encourage you to continue keeping us all informed on this particular subject, but perhaps if I may suggest when referring to references involving law, you explain that it is in your quest something that your working on to change regarding current laws OR policies that are in place today. That would give the reader a better understanding of what you are saying, instead of saying any one particular benefit of current policy is invalid to the point where you say they (cannot) impose current policy in place. I think this would be a better way to communicate via your post on this subject, because we have to go by what's in place for policy today, your work is very much appreciated and I hope you continue to fight for changes because it's for the good of all Veterans. So again, thank you for all your hard work and please continue to post on the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 20:18

Why I am posting but I'm afraid I'm posting too much. Don't want to wear out my welcome ☺

Reason I am so upset with OVO goes back to when I was giving them everything I discovered & I thought they were going to help, not personal issues but systemic.

For example: set offs are unlawful

I thought they were going to investigate but then I read the 2013 annual report & OVO said the ELB clawbacks were OK! WTF? I had been giving them evidence like crazy.

So I called up that POS, Corey & I lost my temper for once. I cussed him out & warned him there could be criminal charges (CC s. 122).

When I say clawbacks are unlawful, look at this 1:

ELB claims the Right to clawback the CF pension via NVC Regs s. 22;

However, CFSA s. 83 states NO ONE can intercept our pension! Add to that CFSA s. 83(c) states no interception in LAW (NVC Regs are law) or EQUITY. Equity is above law, an unjust law can be struck down in a court of Equity.

Then FAA s. 67 prohibits

Then FAA s. 21

Then the fact that pensions are NOT income! The same argument as the Manuge case (IBM v Waterman SCC 2013)

My suits should kill off all of this. I estimate several hundred BILLION

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Aug 2016, 19:08

I thought you had to sign a form given authorization to allow the OVO to view your file.

Feedback on any results from this LawnBoy would be helpful.

It is info we can all learn from.

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 18:20

Not OVO but I bet the CF Ombudsman shortcomings are shared by OVO
http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_201504_07_e_40353.html

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Fri 19 Aug 2016, 18:15

I'm kinda concerned about the lack of Privacy. He was actively opposing my point of view while looking at my application when I did not have a copy. I called the VAC Privacy office to ask why OVO has access to my file when I have no VAC benefits yet.

On that matter, in a 2012 Privacy Audit by the Privacy Commissioner, they said it was a breach of Privacy to ask for an ELB application BEFORE Rehab approval as it was gathering information it does not need. If denied, they collected information for nothing.

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next