Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada

+3
1sea0shell33
1993firebird
pinger
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada - Page 3 Empty Re: Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada

Post by Panserbjørn Sat 17 Sep 2016, 00:38

Mind if I ask where you found this?

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada - Page 3 Empty Re: Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada

Post by 1sea0shell33 Fri 16 Sep 2016, 20:25

Thanks for posting this. Whether you agree or not with how Mike does his advocating , one thing is for sure, he cares about veterans !

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada - Page 3 Empty CVA Sitrep. Red Friday, 16/09/2015 VETERANS BROKEN PROMISE PROTEST

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2016, 18:59

CVA Sitrep. Red Friday, 16/09/2015 VETERANS BROKEN PROMISE PROTEST

First, let be be definitive on the purpose of this event and clarify the reason why we are taking these measures. many have come out and said we are acting prematurely, that we must give the government more time to act on the Sacred Obligation issues. I have been patient but it is clear to me now, with the other stakeholders assistance, the promises that were made to me personally by the prime minister and all veterans during the last election have been utterly bastardized and that there will be no , I REPEAT, no equality in recognition of national sacrifice ,
There were significant promises made in reference to the Sacred Obligation issue of a re-establishing the pension and and the provision of choice for those who wish to return. They also promised to respect national Sacrifice in respect to the NVC Lump Sum Award. As I reported last week, we stood alone on this issue, the CVA voice was singular against formidable opponents such as the legion and National Council of Veterans Associations, they and the others believe that the battlefield sacrifice of the multitude who fought during Operation Medusa and beyond are not worthy of the same level of Sacrifice respect as was accorded to veterans prior to 2006, when the honourble precepts of the Pension Act, the precepts that a vast majority of the wounded SIGNED THE DOTTED line believing they would be accorded should they be called to offer National Sacrifice... They believe your national sacrifice is worthy of no more RESPECT than someone injured at the 7/11 on the job and won a negligence at the worksite legal award in Canada
This is the ULTIMATE BETRAYAL, as a consequence, I long ago burned my legion card.
The CVA was, despite promises. NOT invited to the minister's policy advisory group. We found out second hand, after the deck had been death and co-chairs and departmental briefings were done and fought to get on. I feared then what has transpired now, that organizations, seeded on the advisory as they equaled national sacrifice to such a paltry sum and there support for this blended designation would enshrine this sub standard standards they had equated national sacrifice to into the NEW government platform FOR EVER.
AFTER the promise was made!!!!! After I, a proud independent who has voted in all directions through my life, last year, like thousands of veterans who may have voted otherwise were it not for the Sacred obligation promises made during the election and the subsequent mandate letter, but are now subject to a NEW interpretation that is no different than the former minister's proposals. We stand alone, committees are decided by consensus, consensus the department ensued when they stacked the commitee with orgs that suited the departments long term, sub standard, cost saving agenda.
We cannot BLEND the conversation, the CVA has supported the ECONOMIC proposals presented, they are just a rehash of years of work and others agendas, the newbies think they are making an impact but what will be written has already been pre-ordained and now, with the support of the consensus stakeholders, cemented into law if we do not resist. I am confident the government, already changing the tune through consultation questionaies et al, will embrace the lower standard and wrap themselves with whaat ever org banner as a shroud to defect our efforts very much like the conservatives in the past. They do not represent equality, they are on the other side, it is as simple as that.
The honourable intent -if their was any- of the promise made to us, Canada's sons and daughters on election day, has been corrupted unto a lower threshold of respect and, after years ot fighting to PERPETUATE the Sacrifice Awards sacred standing, a new, blended approach will be proposed not by the government, but by consensus among the "chosen" stakeholder groups.
What I feared has transpired, briefing have been undertaken at the advisory's minister level in anticipation of presentations at this years summit, which is held on October 5-6th. We shall protest on October 4th on PARLIAMENT HILL and across the nation nation at MP riding offices. So far, Vancouver to St Johns. coast to bloody coast. I am very grateful on this level, this will be a POLITICAL DECISION.
WE CAN PREVAIL, we, the wounded, NOW HAVE TO SPEAK FOR OURSELVES ON THE SACRED OBLIGATION.
We have to ensure that OUR voices are heard on the political level, we can only counter the other veterans stakeholders disgusting lack of respect for sacrifice if we make the nation aware of our plight, define the promises that were broken and the incredible disparities created on the way this nation honours battlefield sacrifice. This will be a political decision, we can negate organizations who do not share the spirit of the nation, those who believe your sacrifice in battlefield is worthy of a civilian negligence pain and suffering award of 360 grand? The Pension Act provision includes other acknowledgement, gratitude being one. What is a nation's gratitude for battlefield sacrifice worth? Well, it is certainly not inclusive with in a legal award focused on SOLELY on pain and suffering they are now basing their position on, does it? They think you sacrifice is worth ZERO, squat, the civilian/bureaucratic insurance mindset prevails, this is not about honouring YOUR sacrifice, it is about cost management an agenda appeasement.
We must convince the nation and government that we, the wounded, deserve more respect than being written off as an accident at work when they suffer the loss of limbs, minds, who have been condemmend to physical and mental anquish for the rest of their lives, the CVA believes that THIS EXTRAORDINARY SACRIFICE should NEVER be attributed to civilian job site negligence, that the one standard , one veteran mantra the government is currently wrapping itself around will never be attained until NATIONAL SACRIFICE is equal to the Pension Act and provisions therein in.
360 grand - LSA - The CVA believes that the Lump Sum Award should be equitable to the UK standard of almost a million dollars, depending on currency rate. We, Canada's sons and daughters, do not sign allegiance to the government of the day, we have died and sustained great physical and mental consequences due to the oath of allegiance we have sworn to the Queen, not Prime Minister Harper or Trudeau. Did we not fight on the battlefields beside UK soldiers in Astan? Do we, constitutionally, not serve the same monarch? Why is their no LSA equality to the standard HER MAJESTY's s government has established an that She has provided Royal Ascent? Are we just cannon fodder colonialists again? And why for Gods sake, are our not our national stakeholders, those who the government "chose" to represent YOU and profess to have our interests in mind, NOT fighting for EQUALITY standards. Some of them have a Queen's commission, for gods sake, screw the troops time? ?
Pension Act promise. The promise was quite clear, the new government would RE-ESTABLISH THE life time pension, of which there was only ONE to re-establish, the Pension Act and the offer of choice. NOT create some sacrifice negating, blended approach dismissing the promised equality to the pension act to something that already exists, the option of receiving your LSA in monthly increments.
what already existed. This is very disingenuous, the LSA was always available in either a one time payment of on monthly increments, nothing is being re-established, the platform merely recognizes. The CVA is founded on the principles of equality, we sought no more that what those on the pension ac t were accorded and our solution was simple, determine what the monthly ward would have been, deduct this sum in monthly increments until the LSA has been expended and the moment it is, YOUR LIFETIME pension has been re-established. THERE WAS UNIVERSAL resistance to engage on this level, clearly, the deck was set against and my argument, while quite passionate, were dismissed as a joke. The government set the deck.
The broken promise is clear and the financial repercussions, on the Sacrifice Award alone, to the wounded will be HUGE. Be advised, it takes very little time to burn off that LSA, many veterans will be denied decades of recognition for their SACRIFICE Pension Act provisions. The will not, with the support of the advisory stakeholders, be re established at all. Nor will there be acknowledgement of sacrifice impact on the family unit through the supplementary pensions for your wife or children's sacrifice as was accorded to ME and tens of thousand other VAC clients on the Pension Act. Simply put, the wounded fo Khandahar, on Sacrifice alone, will be denied hundreds of thousands, if not well over a million of dollars if you live to a ripe age of ninety like I plan on doing.
There must be equality in recognition on National Sacrifice, the respect of those who have served us in war will be negated if we do not fight NOW! Before the government rushed in a bill that enshrines the lesser standard and , horror of horrors, considers the Sacrifice Award a blended provision. Imagine if that were the case during the Manuge case??????? Or future cases WE shall launch if there is not equality. Imagine the new interpretation on the Pension Act act recipients, will they now claw back money when we reach age 65 and are eligible for RISB or what ever name change they wish to rebrand it? ? Will they eliminate sacrifice recognition platforms like the CIB, negating sacrifice through selective application, exclusion then elimination under the guise of assimilation? This was stand alone program recognizing trauma, should it not be applicable to all????? Restrictions eliminated, applicable to all veterans, not just the select few in an effort to get them to drop the law suit?
They will not respect national sacrifice unless we make it a NATIONAL ISSUE, they will embrace the negligence standard, with the support of the legion and other major stakeholders if we do not fight for ourselves and convince Canadians to rally to our sacrifice.
It is as simple as that.
It is, I know all to well, a daunting task. They are already spearing me, claiming it is about ego, not principles that we. not them, have been fighting for these past six years. Nothing has changed accept the promises Trudeau made for our votes, promises that will be soon broken if we do not fight. It is tough to motivate veterans at the grass toots level, specially if they are on the old system like me and it does not affect them. I have to convince YOU, in your town, to embrace the obligation YOU have to the wounded. This is the spirit of the nation, we, YOU, can do it, we need only one or a group of brave veterans to show up at your MPs office on October 4th and stand for the equality standards promised, that the wounded have earned through great sacrifice, yet now negated. John Lothbrook in Vancouver for one has answered the call, Matt Edwards in St Johns, Bob Smith in Wallaceburg, Moncton.... the list is growing, we can and will make a difference on October 4th. we will remind them of the promise and who it was made to, those who lost limbs, minds and souls in battle, those who have been disenfranchised for ten long years, those who were promised change. I will get the list ready tonight, hopefully, others will respond to the "patriots' call, -not me, the wounded- by then and we shall stand united in principle on October 4th

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2016, 18:07

Here's a suggestion for those who cannot make it to Ottawa for the Oct 4th protest and are wishing to organize a protest of their own, perhaps organizing it on the same day, Oct 4th would be a good Idea, having the different media outlets across the board reporting on several protest, on the same day.

Back to top Go down

Post by LawnBoy77777 Thu 15 Sep 2016, 18:01

I'm gonna try a protest in St. John's, I think as I have a meeting with my lawyers on the same day. I was half-thinking of going to Ottawa.

I made an important connection today on FAIRNESS:

1. Sun Life/GWL/PSMIP get 3% COLA which is 50% more than SISIP (1/2 = 50%);
2. PSMIP, the MP's LTD, is tax free because of the Brine TCC cases & NSSC, NSCA cases;
3. Sun Life has no tax deducted at source, unlike SISIP

All in all, it is soldiers & dogs keep off the grass. The plans are made by civilians & favour civilians, go figure

LawnBoy77777
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2015-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Wed 14 Sep 2016, 16:01

All for me paid for by VAC.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 14 Sep 2016, 10:06

Hell... pass it over to JT if your inclined to firebird Smile
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 13 Sep 2016, 20:11

I will be legally smoking weed on that day.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Panserbjørn Tue 13 Sep 2016, 17:43

I would totally throw my support in. However I am in BC.

I personally have a wait and see approach but I wouldn't not support a veterans cause.

Panserbjørn
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2016-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by 1sea0shell33 Tue 13 Sep 2016, 15:22

Hes got a point!

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada - Page 3 Empty Veterans "Broken Promise" Protest 4 October 2016 Parliament Hill Tue 12:00 PM in EDT · Ottawa, ON

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2016, 14:38

Pinger if I may add to your post, apparently the protest has been updated to also include the following;

Veterans "Broken Promise" Protest 4 October 2016 Parliament Hill
Tue 12:00 PM in EDT · Ottawa, ON

UGH! Listen to this crap!
increase the LSA to the obligation.... bullshit. Battlefield sacrifice is not equal to civilian court ruling on negligence at the work site, to base pension and LSA on this level is a insult to to everybody disabled veterans who voted for the liberals on this promise.
Is that how you NOW feel, Mr Prime Minister? Is this the NEW obligation NOW that you have been elected?
Lawyers twisting word, already breaking the promise that veterans would not have to take legal actions by the fact that a new group, ripped off for their ELB retro for six year, IS SUING! You are not according them equality!!!!!
EQUALITY. One this level, on ELB - SISIP, on the raise to the LSA to reflect national sacrifice, to reestablish the pension that were denied to smoke but not others? Widows? What about Joan? One Veteran, One Standard, geezus, they even ripped off our frigging slogan....Veterans will not be USED as pawns for an election, these are Sacred Promises made to Canada's Sons and daughters, you will be held to account! We will not pass the fault, we will NEVER forgive a li8e on the sacred Obligation!
Broken Promise protest, Oct 4th 2016 Parliament Hill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Sep 2016, 14:02

yuppers apply apply apply .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Tue 13 Sep 2016, 13:58

START APPLYING FOR ELB.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada - Page 3 Empty Protest 4th October 2016 Parliament Hill & Across Canada

Post by pinger Tue 13 Sep 2016, 09:52

I stumbled across this get together re: sisip happening in Ottawa. I don't know much about it but thought I'd post it.

EVENT DETAILS SISIP EQUALITY IN RECOGNITION OF NATIONAL SACRIFICE PROTEST
The Liberal Government is moving forward on a promise to raise the earning loss benefit to wounded warriors to ninty percent and will start compensating veterans at the new rate on October 1st.

Unfortunately, there is no equality in recognition of national sacrifice and those veterans, arguably those who have accorded the gratest sacrifice on behalf of our nation, have been excluded.

Those of us who are coverd by the SISIP income loss replacement program have been ignored, those who have been deemed permantly disabled as a consequence to the valourous service will be denied the increase.

There must be equality in recognition of national sacrifice, there can be not one standards for one veteran that does not apply to another, all national sacrifice must be treated equally, without reservation or discrimination .

This is a polical decision, according, we shall assemble on Parliament Hill on October 4th at noon to exercise our right to public demontration, to rally veterans affected and those who support CVA equality standards under the flag of inclusion, not exclusion an denial as we have been subject to the past ten years.

The CVA is non partisan and as I promised many who are conservative inclined during the past, when the moment came, if the moment came, that the CVA would focus on the new government with the same passion and dedication to thwe wounded as we have accorded the last. I am hopeful that those who did not support CVA activities in the past due to polical alliegiance will now step up, show up and accept the obligation to fight on the issue, and the "re establishment" of the life time pension aka Pension Act...

The time has come, the government is waffling, bringing foth measures that are exclusionary and at the level the CVA was founded to fight upon, I can assure you, we will engage.

https://allevents.in/ottawa/sisip-equality-in-recognition-of-national-sacrifice-protest/1725341764384753
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3