Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

+12
BinRat
Iceman
johnny211
Newf
Rustytheviking
Dannypaj
1sea0shell33
Teentitan
bigrex
pinger
Vet1234
red510
16 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land) - Page 6 Empty Re: VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by bigrex Wed 28 Sep 2016, 11:02

Teen, how can you say that these delays have nothing to do with the Harper Tories? Before Harper took power, VAC could make a decision on new applications within 6 months from first contact, under both previous Liberal and Conservative governments. So if a Veteran called VAC, asking for an application, the clock started. So the application could be mailed out using snail mail, completed by the Veteran and mailed back, then their med docs were reviewed and extracted any evidence in regards to the claimed condition, request a medical if needed, and still make a decision on time. Yes, the veteran may have suffered financially while waiting, but at least before the NVC was enacted, they knew that if successful, they could get up to three years back pay. But Harper played a political shell game, saying the wait times were being reduced, but instead he effectively removed any time restraint for gathering the information, so a DO that is overworked and understaffed due to the staffing cuts, can take several months to send the paperwork to PEI, and the only people to suffer any repercussions of these delays are the Veterans. Then they cut the number of adjudicators, and exasperated the situation.

Saying that the bureaucrats are delaying these applications just to spite the Tories, sounds like something Trump would come up with.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land) - Page 6 Empty Re: VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by 1sea0shell33 Wed 28 Sep 2016, 09:14

How can the Conservatives possibly make sure the bureaucratic machine moves faster and more efficient when all the Cons wanted to do was lay off employees and close offices. Remember it was the Cons who wanted Vac point of contact to be a service Canada office. Enough said about the Cons all the people are saying and all the people know if your a veteran you have no choice, no choice at all voting Conservative or supporting the last MvA Otoole who betrayed every veteran by excluding the PA from returning, is the same as shooting yourself financially. Dont be fooled by the Otoole and fantino followers on here

1sea0shell33
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 28 Sep 2016, 04:15

Rex sorry but your political spin in your answer is wrong.

The main cause of long wait times is not at the DO level it's at VAC. The adjudicators are the ones who are causing the long wait times. And these wait times have been increasing every year since 2000 when I first applied.

Until everyone UNDERSTANDS that bureaucrats at ALL levels hate a Conservative gov't because they want to govern them to do their job promptly. But a Liberal gov't let's them do what they want which essentially puts them in charge when in reality they are not the bosses.

So by saying it's the Conservative gov't for the problem is only giving the Liberal gov't a false pat on the back for not doing what they are supposed to do....govern!

What I stated above is not because I am a Conservative voter it is a statement that has been said to me by many bureaucrats from the junior level to the senior level from both parties. It's amazing what you can get out of them either over a few beers or a couple words blowing smoke up their kiesters.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 27 Sep 2016, 19:03

The Tories knew very well that changing the wait times to 16 weeks would increase the actual wait times, because it went from 24 weeks from first contact, to 16 weeks from when the file went to Charlottetown. That wouldn't be so bad, because that would still give the Regional offices 8 weeks to search your med docs for appropriate documentation, and request a medical questionnaire. But when you cut the staff at the regional offices, at the same as increasing case loads because of those offices that were closed, have to go somewhere, it often takes much longer than 8 weeks to send the paperwork up the pipe. But when staff in Charlottetown were also cut, the wait times went from 24 weeks to close to 52 weeks.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 27 Sep 2016, 18:35

It's a real B but hang in there.

Lots around our circles know about waiting.
Sure as hell feels like the 2nd coming of Christ somedays.

But don't case out the mailman like I did.

Stay very well all...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Tue 27 Sep 2016, 18:06

It has to be a regional thing. I'm in Ontario and I spoke with "Andrea" in Pembroke, who processes DA claims, she said they are just starting to look at claims from end April 2016.
Either way it's ridiculous.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land) - Page 6 Empty Reply from VAC after question about wait times for claims.

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2016, 17:49

Below is the e mail I got from VAC regarding wait times for claims.

So basically they thought with less vets because of time and sadly vets passing away they thought they could down size. Was VAC not clued in from 2001 to 2013 we had troops in Afghanistan and would they not think more claims would becoming in?

Xxxxxxx (Retired) Xxxxxx,

Thank you for using My VAC Account and our secure email services.

I can understand your frustration. When the Service Standard
was changed from 22 to 16 weeks several years ago it was assumed
that as the older generation of WWI, WWII and Korean War veterans
is diminishing, there will be less applications for Disability
Benefits. Accordingly, quite a few of Veterans Affairs Canada
(VAC) personnel were let go and some Area Offices were closed.
However, the number of application increased from the newer
veterans. We apologize for not fulfilling the 16 week standard
and confirm that the adjudicators are working on the applications
submitted in January 2016. We thank you for your patience and
understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact
us again via My VAC Account, or our toll-free number 1-866-522-2122.

Sincerely,

Jolanta Kwiatkowska
NCCN Analyst
Veterans Affairs Canada

Back to top Go down

Post by red510 Mon 26 Sep 2016, 19:35

I applied for three DAs. One in Jan 2016 and two in Mar 2016. All are at Stage 3. Case Manager doesn't know much more. I have a hard time waiting but I am glad to hear that Jan 2016 files are finally being looked at right now. I am sure the backlog has only been made worse by all the extra work related to changes in ELB. I was approved for ELB in the summer but have yet receive any.

red510
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2016-04-21

Back to top Go down

VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land) - Page 6 Empty VAC wait times --- tell this to the MVA (he is in loompa loompa land)

Post by Ex Member Mon 26 Sep 2016, 17:57

I started a claim in Jan 2016, I got a letter 7 March 2016 saying it will be 16 weeks till you get your answer from VAC about your claim.  Nothing after the 16 week, so I called every month.  Got a different answer  every time I called.  So the other week I actually got someone that was caring and understood my point.  So he gave me a number to call and leave a message, a lady actually called me back in a few days.  She informed me they where currently doing Jan 2016 files, she looked at my file and said don't expect answer for about two months or into Jan next year.  

That's a long time to wait when they put out that 16 week letter back in March 2016.

Here is my main reason for posting:  The vets that are post NVC and have only been dealing with lump sums are at a far more disadvantage then pre NVC.   If I was pre NVC and getting a monthly penision cheque I would not worry to much when the claim finally went through.  Now, us post NVC vets sit and wait and wait and wait and wait. Then the MVA brings up that we should be patience and wait. (Major angry running through my veins, grrr.)

This is still not the longest wait period I have had.  Anyone in those special interest groups please bring this up.

Check below link MVA and his staffers hard at work.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZX7C0L3PvQ

There is a difference waiting for a claim post NVC.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6