Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 5th Stakeholder Summit Live on Facebook

4 posters

Go down

Oct 5th Stakeholder Summit Live on Facebook Empty Re: Oct 5th Stakeholder Summit Live on Facebook

Post by bigrex Wed 05 Oct 2016, 09:54

What exactly is the point of having a live stakeholder summit on FB, if the only thing being broadcast is the opening speech from the minister? We want to see what is being discussed with our peers. We want to know that what has been typed in the comment section is actually being heard.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Oct 5th Stakeholder Summit Live on Facebook Empty Re: Oct 5th Stakeholder Summit Live on Facebook

Post by Teentitan Wed 05 Oct 2016, 11:51

It's the standard answer Rex....for privacy and some veterans feel intimidated to be recorded. Which if you think about it, it is completely absurd because the veterans in the room are the head of their veteran organization.

Yep square peg...round hole.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 12:57

WOW got no problem with keyboard guys or guys that just read and donate to causes or vote their mind . guys that protest wright letters discuss the issues with their civie friends and families . seriously you will never know the names of the most important and effective members of the veterans cause .

call them the grunts . if they want to be that then be that and be proud of it as they should be .

but holy frack if ya don't want to cook get the frack out of the kitchen .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 05 Oct 2016, 13:31

That's the issue propat. If you are vocal at these meetings you get shamed by the ones who are afraid to speak on the record. VAC then takes that into account and "accidentally" forgets to inform you about the agenda or important topics.

But they haven't got a frickn' problem playing "pass the file" from ADM to ADM or even worse want to figure out a way to send you to be psychologically tested by their doctors. Just ask Sean Bruyea about that.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 14:07

Looking at the two day agenda, where in those two days does it give time for stakeholders to speak?

The Ministerial Advisory Groups have a lot of time scheduled in to speak, but this is all back room secretly organized to keep other Veterans and Veterans groups from being able to voice their Ideas and concerns.

The most important question we must all ask ourselves is this, what will be accomplished from this two day Stakeholder Summit?

If the answer is nothing, then the next question is why are they holding these Summits if nothing is being accomplished?

Most of us know the answer to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 05 Oct 2016, 14:11

One other point to make trooper is this....each member signed a confidentiality contract for the advisory group.

That said....how do we trust they were all in agreement or was there a voting system on topics?

We'll never know...
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 14:37

I don't know how long it will take for the remainder of this advisory to realize that nothing, and I mean nothing is going to be implemented from anything they bring forward unless in the rare circumstance where a recommendation brought forward is already on the bureaucratic table, even then, it will be implemented as per the bureaucratic rule.

In my opinion this whole thing is for show, nothing more, a show of PR on the side of the government.

Veterans like CJ, Perry, Sean and yourself are not new to the game, you can all read between the lines, you can all put them in their place, that's why none of you are on the advisory group committee. They need people on this committee that follows the governments tune, one has left already, one that stood side by side on what the government was doing, and praised the steps taken and asked for patience. Now he's preaching a whole different tune. We need more to follow.

And most importantly we need to show the public in detail what this government is doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 05 Oct 2016, 15:01

Just finished watching the video and my take away is a phrase he used...pension style option.

That does not sound good. I understand it to be the return of the pension is going to be taxed and not for life. Hope I'm wrong but that phrase is a bureaucratic creation.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 05 Oct 2016, 16:32

So I just watched this video as well.

In my opinion (with all due respect) it's all plastic, and a self-serving diarrhea.

To me, Karen McCrimmon is out of her league in the politics of it all.
Kinda like apples and oranges.
Then again... she could replace KH by a country mile...

Politics aside, I respect her.

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 17:45

The only thing I took away from the video is, woe is us, it's hard to to work on the Veterans file and medical marijuana coverage is on its way out.

As I've stated in the past, if the Feds withdraw financial coverage for medical marijuana, I will seek legal counsel and lead a class action lawsuit against the Liberal government. And the reason is simple, marijuana works for me and pills don't. When I didn't have coverage, but still consumed marijuana to self medicate, it hurt financially and I'm not going back that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 05 Oct 2016, 22:26

I'm with you Bruce. I can see them paying LPs fixed rates and asking for bulk discounts. Or something similar that they do with physio or other meds. Example, blue cross will pay 80$ a physio session, if they dont want to take it, another provider will for the guarantee of steady clients. I need my prescription, I do think that they deserve a quantity and guarantee of VAC business discount from the LPs. The prices are definitely gouging imho.
As long as I get my meds, I'm good. If VAC wants to negotiate with LPs... they should.
I know I would.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Oct 2016, 22:39

I agree with you vet1234 the prices LP's charge for medical cannabis are high. I've no problem working with VAC to find suppliers that can offer cheaper prices and save taxpayers money.

My only concern is that veterans who need cannabis to function don't lose coverage and are not restricted access to it. To many of us have given up on the pills and now use cannabis for pain management and mental health issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 06 Oct 2016, 07:09

If VAC can't "business" a better price and spend that saved money on other services... I know a guy... Wink 😉
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down