Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6 - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016, 15:05

Teentitan, I have already e mailed the MVA, lets see it's been about 8 months. No answer back yet. That ship has sailed.

I will write a letter with the approval of CSAT if they feel it's a good way to get the message out there. The thing is, last weeks meeting. I have no idea if they where positive, if the meeting was positive and my letter hits topics that are fixed. Well it would not have the effect it was intended for.

Edited
Actually I am getting to the point where I see it's all smoke and mirrors, shit show, and these groups don't even see this. They have left out people that know what's going on and very well know what to do and say. First off, look at the Legion there are more non veterans in that group lead by a non veteran that will not release what they pay the senior staff. That is a joke inside a joke. The other groups are just more happy to just being there, with the look at me attitude. I am hopefully thinking there are good people fighting for us, but why all the cloak and dagger routines?

Plain and simple the GOC is delaying and delaying to get their own agenda put through unless the Supreme Court steps in.

Back to top Go down

Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6 - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting last week in Ottawa 0ct 5-6

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016, 17:29

Steelgunner,

You need not get CSAT approval to write to whomever it may concern, but I appreciate you showing respect to the forum in asking.

Regarding the summit itself, I fully agree with you, this has been my opinionated view all along. I will support those who attend simply because for the most part, their intentions are to better the system.
That said, as I already stated numerous times in the past, my opinion on writing letters, attending meetings might be something that in the minds of those writing the letters, and in the minds of those attending these meetings are doing some good in shaping influence for proactive positive changes on our file. It's simply one of those situations where opinions are mixed, no one wants to speak against fellow Veterans who are given their own time to try and better the system. So personally I applaud them all for this, but at the same time, one needs to look at what has been changed by writing letters and attending these meetings, is it that solutions have been brought forward and the government has listen to what was written to them, and brought forward to them at these meetings? I'm sure everyone agrees that to be the case, without any doubt, it is the case, the government is listening. However, there's a huge difference between listening, and actually acting. The Liberals are just shy of a year of being in power, I have yet to see something implemented that was brought forward in the form of someone either writing to the government, OR from the advisory groups, OR the summits. Perhaps I'm wrong and after some more time passes, we will hear of a turnaround and actually see the government implementing something that has come from either a letter written to them, OR from one of these groups via meetings.

Here it is again, what I think, OR my opinion;

The Liberal government has 15 promises made to Veterans, the Liberals are going to concentrate on those 15 promises. Those 15 promises have been passed down to the bureaucrats for implementation. Also, it is the bureaucrats who will decide how these 15 promises get implemented. If by chance, a sent letter or a group representing Veterans brings forward something that reflects in some way what the bureaucrats have on the table, the government will use this to add to their PR saying that their acting on what Veterans are asking for. What does get implemented, does not have to be what Veterans expect, or are expecting, as long as those 15 promises are completed by their end term, that's all that matters to the government,  everything else is just for show and PR. (MY OPINION)  
That is only my opinion and by the looks of things it is not widely shared, which is all good, if people want to continue pursuing what they believe is the best approach, we should unite and support one another.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that everyone should be entitled to what they believe as long as it is not pushed onto others and the respect remains between all who give their opinion regardless of any differences they may be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Wed 12 Oct 2016, 18:21

Trooper, I had to re-look up the 15 promises.  I see they could argue a few are done, a few started, and a few not started.

What's the opinion here?  How many have they done so far?  I see 90% elb done.
Some offices opened and some are planed to reopen next year.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2