Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God bless our killers little help

2 posters

Go down

God bless our killers little help  Empty Re: God bless our killers little help

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2016, 18:58

indeed pinger indeed god bless them all.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 17 Oct 2016, 20:27

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2016, 10:30

boys it has become a cultural thing and I think its a bit of a problem . it wasn't always this way .
when I was in my school years I hared many stories about our hero's much like Francis Pegahmagabow . and I hered them in school . about guys with their names memorialized on schools and other buildings . yes stories about what the did and with exerts from books and letters in a good degree of detail.

those guys didn't like speaking about these things at the time but would when the thought they should and were not embarrassed or worried they wold be shunned or avoided .

today is a very different day and age my friends . guys don't talk about these things today not just because its uncomfortable at time but in part being kind of partially ostracised by society . not the same down south at all heck they celebrate ALL their heroes even in the detail of their actions .

I'm proud of Dillon Hillier not just for what he did but the fact he decided to wright about it including the killings which he was VERY hesitant to put in .

if more wright about this stuff AND the GOC will proudly display these stories maybe society can change once again and be more accepting of people that in the end were just doing the right thing .

and maybe just maybe our heroes will be more comfortable telling their stories to friends ,family or whoever and perhaps be healthier for it .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2016, 04:54

It's easy for people, politician and civilian alike, to label military personnel or to ignore the sacrifices made.  But, the fact is that Canada needs and at times demands that certain men and women ruck up, and commit the most heinous and deplorable acts of human aggression in the name of freedom to maintain our way of life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 17 Oct 2016, 03:41

Pegahmagabow portrait is in the Passchendale museum Bruce.  Saw it last month and read his history.  Fantastic soldier who put up with a lot of crap from our gov't. I'm pretty sure my wife took a pic. I'll post it when I get back

Look how long it took Bomber Command to get recognition, almost 70 years!  They did their jobs during WW2 bombing Germany but they were called murder's!  I always called them airmen doing the job a politician didn't have the guts to do.  Rather they went with the majority and quietly accepted the fact of what they were being called.  Shame.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Oct 2016, 02:29

In my household Francis Pegahmagabow is revered.  As far as I'm concerned any soldier, sailor or air force personnel who kill the enemy are ok in my books and welcome in my home anytime.  

Although, Dillon Hillier killed members of ISIS outside official channels I highly respect him for his courage and convictions and only wish he'd killed more of those b*****ds.

For those unfamiliar with Francis Pegahmagabow he is credited with killing 378 Germans and capturing 300 more in WWI.

Back to top Go down

God bless our killers little help  Empty God bless our killers little help

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2016, 22:12

Yup controversial title for Canadians  I know but here me out . guys that die in the line of duty are heroes and are celebrated to some extent . guys that kill in the line of duty not so much in fact treated like an embarrassment in a way . no one wants to talk about it or here about it especially the GOC . one of the best we ever had was ignored and forgotten about . well he finally got his name in the war museum from what I here . on a piece of kit , APC , he was driving that blew up . ya it was there already with other peoples names on it that NO ONE involved in the incident even heard  of but now I here they actually put the proper names on the exhibit .

seriously guys it was a 2RCR mission in Srebrenica and NO ONE in or was in 2RCR at the time ever heard of the names on the plaque on the vehicle they were using there at the time I mean ; common !!!!!!

Ya its for something insignificant with a name the GOC wants to burry for what he had to do save himself and those around him .

don't get me wrong for whatever reason I'm glad his name made it  finally and the invented or whatever names were removed .

but why all the BS !!!!

WHY DO WE HAVE TO HIDE OUR KILLERS !!!!!

These were not illegal killings in fact even passed the smell test of the retarded  ROE's at the time . in fact since he was dragging one of his own shot and injured  away from the fire when he did what he did what he done their wasn't even a question of legality .

did he get a medal for his action at that time NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

HE GOT BURRIED IN HISTORY !!!!

why ???? because he is a killer !!!

he should get a medal for what he did and his actions should be shown PROUDLY in the museum .

but then again he is not an officer is he just a grunt .

pees me off !!!!!

even one insignificant incident where he got blown up  they tried to hide his name in a ridicules manner .

the officer that got blown up with him I HEARD got a medal even though both were injured in that incident .

but in this other incident under fire with no officer around his heroic actions are an embasesment .

BS I say because if not for our killers we would have LOST every battle and world history may have been significantly different .

So the little help I'm  asking is for anyone near the museum to tell me if the M113 with the CFR I think 3500 or something like that holds the name liam o'neill  on it ?????

Again  our dead are our biggest heroes but I'm telling you right now SOME of our killers return almost as dead but ALMOAST so they should NOT be buried straight away even In  history !!!

JMO

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum