Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Mike Blais Post CVA

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Mike Blais Post CVA

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 15:57

LMAO @ seelgunner ya not funny but the funny thing to me is been speaking to no fewer than 14 NVC vets and the few PA equites donors I know about these recommendations and marks latest on them .

OH fracking boy they are ALL every fracking one saying the same as you .

ok not exactly the same but I'm thinking you cleaned your post up a lot ; ok ; a whole lot but ya same same .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 16:25

Well, my last post was not made to be funny.  I am dead serious what I wrote.

But, Propat if your going to give me a hashtag go back and edit it and put the T in Steelgunner.  The T stands for terrific. Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 17:05

trooper ya I kind of agree but well let me put it like this .

a lot of people say the majority of vets say VAC is treating them well . well I think they are probably correct . I know I am . thing is I'm on the PA and the vast majority of vets are .

prior to 2006 their was almost NO support amongst vets or vets orgs to stop the buyout .in fact some were actually promoting it as the greatest thing since sliced bread .

a few years later however because their was actual NVC vets in the system decention started to grow . now its angrier and louder than it has ever been . of course still only the NVC vets in general . still in the minority mind you .

ya some PA vets are with them as am I till the day I die .

most PA in the majority for now however . their support for this comes and goes week at best I would say . yes when idiotic recommendations like the latest come up witch do nothing to bring back equality but will put a few more bucks in the pockets of guys like me who are already being treated well then I'm thinking a little greed takes over and their support wains once again for the return of the PA pension.

and amongst the NVC guys the hatred grows its at the worst point right now than I have ever seen it . their is a lot of hate to go round . to the GOC the stakeholders and their groups PA guys yup they hate us as well and for the very first time this mark Campbell guy or however ya spell it . maybe because its just recent but they seem to hate this guy most of all . they loved this guy and latter still liked him but now LOL wholy frickity frack they hate him . one guy I was speaking to was screaming when he seen what he had written stabbing his kitchen table with a knife . had to pull my laptop away for frack sakes lol. seriously they aint happy over the past weeks events NOT AT ALL !!!! dunno why more angrier at him than the rest but it is what it is .

thing is the NVC vets anger and determination AINT going away buds its getting stronger . I know ive been watching it almoast daily .

this is why I believe as an absolute fact that the PA pension WILL return . because no matter how you crunch the math the FACT is this angry but small minority with little representation amongst vets org leadership will someday BE the vast majority and be leading most if not the vets orgs .

if this thing aint fixed right before this angry crew takes over THEIR WILL BE HELL TA PAY .

"Now is not the time to be fighting for the tax free lifelong pension " gotta disagree buds now is a very important time for this and tomorrow even more so the day after even more so and so on and so on .

the funny thing is the more people they see trying to get them to stop looking for equality . coming up with recommendations for something else , saying don't try no one will listen or the PA pension will never happen or some BS that the NVC they are living with is better or will be better than the PA . maybe in hopes they will give up and go away .

wholly frickety frack it has the COMPLEATLY opposite effect . they get peed off and dig in hard .

ya its serious but yes a little funny to me because of my sense of humour . my two biggest heroes were the to old guys on the Muppets up in the balcony . what can I say .

JMO

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 17:14

ya sorry steelgunner AKA Mr terrific witch if not for spellcheck would have been Mr traffic ;ya should have seen my posts before I started using that LOL ; ya see where I'm going with this . anyway sorry about that.

ya nooo the only funny thing is how very similar your post was to what I heard from EVERY NVC vet I spoke to . not the post itself . trust me I get that.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 17:37

The NVC does piss us off big time.  

Their are many angles people dont understand because they where not put in this situation or it is very hard to understand unless you are NVC Vet.

I will point out one,  lump sum.  Everyone's situation is different of course.  Ages, rank, education, single, married, kids, mental health etc ...... there are tons.  So give a person a lump sum of 75k, the best thing or probably best advice is to roll it away in a fund for retirement.  But give this amount to a younger person with mental health issues from the military, he has bills, loans, he pisses some away, buys a new car.  Wham it's gone, some people may say it's his fault but if the PA was in place this would not happen at this scale.  Yes some still may piss it away monthly but you would have a gurateed income monthly  that would help you in the future is better then a lump sum.

So this just one angle that makes the situation worse for NVC vets. There are many more, yes the angry NVC Vet grows and we will not disappear.  When more Soldiers get injured they will realize what took me to discover about  8 years from time of inception NVC in 2006 till 2014 that the NVC is not a good situation to deal with.  The present NVC vets are trying to clean this up for future vets.  I see because I am in the system, I truly wish that all could see it so clearly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 17:55

well buds that's the problem its hard to understand for PA vets . I don't really know how it feels . got a good idea those . my friends that got hurt with me are still my friends I still see some of them the ones that retired locally like me . because of when we put in our applications for disabilities we are in different boats . a lot of guys even liked the buyout AT FIRST but then started seeing the righting on the wall . now they hate it .

heck I use to provide some fin advice and do taxes for a lot of these guys . still do for some . since I do my own taxes as well boys I got ta tell ya . I might not be able to FEEL the difference completely knowing what my annual PA payments are to their nothing I sure the frack can SEE the difference .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 18:31

Good post Steel, I hear you. I am PA and fouled up.

NVC needs to come up to speed to PA pension

Well beyond any two standards, it should be one fight.

propat wrote " my two biggest heroes were the to old guys on the Muppets up in the balcony "
Some levity here.....
Ain't no loss at all if those very same two Muppets are two of the newly appointed senators today...

But I digress from the topic at hand when I mention Bert and Ernie... there kind of left out Sad
They should be made Federal ministers proper.
They can't make things any fracking worse than they are can they ?
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 18:42

Also, I would personally like to know out of how many of the 150 stakeholders are NVC Vets?  To me that would be interesting, I myself would walk out of these meetings.  In my opinion the meetings should be held by an elected board of the veterans and by the veterans.  And I will go further, the only ones regarding this issue of the NVC should be only NVC vets. Once this is fixed, then it's truly a vote on issues as one body.

No more broken uneven groups that deal with the GOC.  The legion in my opinion has gone the wrong route, and many other groups.  We as veterans defended democracy, but is it not funny that we are not treated as a democracy in real life now.  Stakeholders are withholding what is being negotiated and are not transparent, an elected board from veterans would set the course and write down the purpose and goals of the meeting to members.  Transparency is a must, rank structure and senior officers are not given a God like structure the enables them to simply just take over like they are currently doing in these meetings.

Am I making any sense?  The message needs to get out to all Veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 20:20

you are making perfect sense brought up the only NVC vets in this particular group a few times . right now if memory serves me their was 11 and out of them I think 1 or 2 were NVC vets . ridicules in my opinion if only one or two were not . if it doesn't effect you to a great degree you should not be their period .

oh I would never walk out on one of these but highly likely I would get kicked out. so same same I guess .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 21:51

Just to clarify, I am only talking about the issues regarding the NVC (PA) Vets which is our number one issue and really needs to be fixed is the lack of a penision.
I could care less about the 15% increase to 90%, I am thinking the GOC is offering the little goodies just to say we are doing something for the Vet. The monthly payments is what we want and future vets want.

I also understand that there are other issues that need to be address for all.  We all need to be educated in all
Veterans needs in all areas.  Sadly, if this pension issue is not fixed I predict a spike in suicides in the long run with NVC Vets where in time as they get older a certain percentage will be at risk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 12:06

steelgunner agreed . their never should have been a NVC the long awaited improvements should have been added to the PA . in practice that IS eventually what happened . just not for everyone . it needs to be for ALL vets . problem is with PA guys involved in this issue greed can take over . yup their is only one obvious solution sure but that doesn't put so much as a nickel in the pockets of PA vets . so eventually you will see a bunch of piecemeal patchwork load of BS proposals that will . makes me frackin sick .

when is enough enough ??? I'm a PA guy and I'm saying until the buyout is sorted out the right way its enough already at least for us.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 19:12

just something from another site I think might be relevant .

Summit Summary - Dan Raposo - Vice-president - VeteransCanada.ca

Following is the brief summary of the Veterans Affairs Canada Stakeholders Summit that was held October 5th and 6th, 2016 in Gatineau, Quebec. On your behalf, the following members of VeteransCanada.ca were in attendance: Don Leonardo, Dan Raposo, Sylvain Bouliane, and Allan Hunter.

Day One began with the customary Meet and Greet followed by a Moment of Silence for the Fallen. An Algonquian Blessing followed the moment of silence.

Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs began the Summit with his customary address. This address did not cover any new ground and instead reiterated the mandate letter given to Minister Hehr by Prime Minister Trudeau.

After Minister Hehr opening remarks, Veterans Affairs Canada introduced Computer Voting Technology. VeteransCanada.ca felt that many of the questions asked through this Computer Voting Technology were geared towards a mining expedition. Veterans Affairs Canada appeared to have geared the questions in a way that resulted in an already known outcome. VeteransCanada.ca feels that the information gathered via this method will be used at a later date and be tailor made to fit their future agenda for Veterans Affairs Canada.

Of particular note were two questions posed to the Stakeholders. One question asked the Stakeholders to indicate what demographic they fell into. VeteransCanada.ca were surprised and upset to see that 26% of the Summit attendees were non-veterans. One in four of the attendees have never served in the Canadian Armed Forces but were being given the ability (by Veterans Affairs Canada) to vote on the many needs of wounded veterans.

The other question of concern to VeteransCanada.ca asked the Summit attendees to indicated who was receiving benefits from Veterans Affairs Canada. The answer was interesting - 53% of the veterans in attendance were receiving no services and/or no benefits from Veterans Affairs Canada.

These two questions revealed that many of the “Stakeholders” invited by Veterans Affairs Canada to be part of the Stakeholders Summit have little if any concept of what wounded veterans face. They have no idea what wounded veterans have to endure to receive benefits from Veterans Affairs Canada. Nor do they have any idea of the impact of these benefits (or lack of benefits) on the daily lives of wounded veterans.

Day One continued with the first two reports from the six Minister's Advisory Groups. The first was the Membership Commemoration Advisory Group. They were followed by the Care and Support Advisory Group. Sylvain Bouliane of VeteransCanada.ca is a member of the Care and Support Advisory Group;. Neither advisory group presented any new information. The majority of the information has already been presented to the Stakeholders at previous summits.

General Jonathan Vance CDS was the guest speaker during lunch. His speech focused on the need for the Canadian Forces to do a better job of transitioning service members to civilian life. He stated that the Canadian Forces should not be releasing medical service members until all paperwork has been properly completed. He stated that the Canadian Armed Forces needs to put in place a better mechanism to have a more seamless transition from service to civilian life.

Three more of the Minister’s Advisory Groups reported back after lunch. The Service Excellence Advisory Group presented first. They were followed by the Advisory Groups on Families and ended with the Policy Advisory Group. This was the conclusion for Day One.

Day Two began with a Coffee Meet and Greet. The morning welcome was given by Karen Ellis, Associate Deputy Minister and Acting Deputy Minister of Veterans Affairs Canada. The last of the Minister’s Advisory Groups to present to the Stakeholders was the Mental Health Advisory Group. It was during the question period for this advisory group that things became heated. Don Leonardo asked Veterans Affairs Canada for the Veterans Suicide Rate Statistics. For the last several years, VeteransCanada.ca has been asking Veterans Affairs Canada for these statistics but have never received an answer. Many of the modern veterans groups became upset with Veterans Affairs Canada for their continued reluctance to answer and provide the statistics.

Veterans Affairs Canada pushed along their agenda and asked more questions using the Computerized Voting Technology. This caused another heated exchange as a result of some of the questions being asked to the Stakeholders. Sean Bruyea stated that the majority of the stakeholders should not have been answering these questions because they did not have a true understanding or concept of the issues.

Veterans Affairs Canada proceeded with their agenda to wind down the Summit. We heard from Major General Wayne Eyre, Deputy Chief of Military Personnel. Kent Hehr concluded the Summit with his closing speech.

Unfortunately VeteransCanada.ca was not provided with any opportunity to discuss issues that we were asked by our membership to address. This included the demotion from Basic Corporal to Senior Private for ELB and SISIP recipients as well as other issues concerning financial benefits. In fact, none of the Stakeholders were provided an opportunity to address any concerns from their membership. It was not part of their Agenda.

Dan C. Raposo CD
Vice President
VeteransCanada.ca

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 19:34

The thing is, there are currently PA Vets out there that are getting sizable monthly pensions, and because of equality, are entitled to every benefit under both the PA and the NVC. So if anything, the PA guys are getting significantly more supports than those only covered by the NVC.

Example using median benefit amounts

95% PA pension w/spouse = $3201
grade 3 Attendance Allowance = $1071
Clothing allowance grade 5 = $70
PIA grade 2 = $1184
PIAS = $1088
ELB = $3750 minimum

Leaving the Veteran with a gross monthly income of over $10000. Yet, even with the new maximum amount of $360000, it only equals 9 years worth of the maximum PA pension of $3370, for a married pensioner, before any indexing is even calculated.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3376
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 20:41

To be honest, the last two post made me speechless to a point.  I feel sickened in what I just read, unbelievable statistics.

I thought I was getting near the end with surprises with this shit.  It just does not stop

A voice of reason has to explain this injustice.   I think I will live longer then nine years.  Don't ask me why the NVC Vets are mad, pissed off, ready to explode!!!!!!!! Just reread the last two post above mine.  It's unbelievable .

I have to be careful what I write now, I could go in many directions. I will sign off for now as a more then ever pissed offf NVC Vet. Baffled to say the least with the make up of non veterans and non claimants in the stakeholders meeting that are putting forth their ideas and recommendations on topics they have no knowledge or experience in. Frack Frack Frack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 29 Oct 2016, 06:54

I fully agree Steelgunner, but I don't think much action will be taken from what is being suggested or proposed from the advisory groups, stakeholder summits, be it, Veterans or non Veterans.
However, that does not take away the fact that these non Veterans shouldn't be proposing or even attending these summits!

If you or any other member can write a post in the Notices Category, Topic, "Townhall with Kent Hehr 5 November" for our Chief Editor to look at and perhaps bring it to the attention of our Minister at this Townhall Meeting, this may be just the way to really let our Minister know just how unhappy the NVC Veterans are.

This is how our CSAT team can come together in a united way to have your concerns brought forward, by posting what or how you feel about how the system is corrupt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next