Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was posted on VVI Bullentin Board But not here

+2
Dannypaj
BinRat
6 posters

Go down

Was posted on VVI Bullentin Board But not here Empty Re: Was posted on VVI Bullentin Board But not here

Post by Dannypaj Fri 30 Dec 2016, 06:23

Seems like they are trying to give us the run around. 
We want our pension back, simply put.
Enough with the lawyer jargon.
Go back to school and learn to be soldiers and speak with meaning and not with hidden messages.
Society just keeps putting up with the BS.
both O'losers should spend all their money on the elections just to be denied.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Was posted on VVI Bullentin Board But not here Empty Re: Was posted on VVI Bullentin Board But not here

Post by johnny211 Thu 29 Dec 2016, 13:09

Danny - Tks for that, but maybe someone on here knows what that means in English. When is this lawsuit going up before the court? Another yr is upon us soon, year 2 for the Liberals and things have come too a snails pace. All we ask for is an update, but it appears our own VAC minister is too busy with pipelines and social events to even give us an update. I am thinking if they do not have a lot of new announcements come budget day, then the Veterans community should be in an uproar. He has had more then enough time in his position now to sort things out. And so far he's failing..Out
VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 29 Dec 2016, 10:55

Equitas Society

December 21 at 8:35pm ·

Re: O'Toole unveils vets platform, breaks from Harper policy on pension lawsuit/question

The Agreement provided that the federal government would drop their appeal, specifically it stated:

(a)The Defendant will, with the consent of the Plaintiffs/Respondents, abandon the appeal in Court of Appeal File No: CA041232 on a without costs basis or, if necessary, seek leave to abandon the appeal with the consent of the Plaintiffs without costs to any Party;

However, the Abeyance Agreement did not require us to drop the litigation. When advised of the "appeal abandonment" provision in the Abeyance Agreement, the Court of Appeal was of the view that if the litigation were to continue before the trial court after the abeyance period expired (on May 15, 2016) the constitutional issues argued before the court would have to be decided in that court proceeding anyway. In these circumstances (where there was no settlement of the whole action) it made more sense for the Court of Appeal to render its decision on those constitutional issues. .

It should be remembered that, based upon the conciliatory approach adopted by Minister O'Toole and the statements in Parliament by senior representatives of all parties, it was reasonably anticipated that the entire lawsuit could be resolved.

The Court of Appeal's refusal to permit the abandonment of the appeal by the Federal Government should not be interpreted as an endorsement of what the present Minister has done when his counsel invited the Court of Appeal to render judgment on the basis of the "Fantino Position" as argued in December of 2014 without advising the Court of the changed positions of the Government and Parliament as reflected in amendments to the legislation, the "Social Covenant" resolution of Parliament and the positions of all political parties as stated in Parliament and during the election campaign.

DONALD J. SOROCHAN, Q.C.
Counsel

Miller Thomson LLP
Robson Court, 1000-840 Howe Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2M1
Direct Line: +1 604.643.1214
Cell: +1 604.488.4731
Fax: +1 604.643.1200
Email: dsorochan@millerthomson.com
millerthomson.com

Just sharing info, standing always on guard and knowing our direction we'll take...farce
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Thu 24 Nov 2016, 13:29

If this case is lost veterans will be in trouble....and yes I am back.

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Mon 21 Nov 2016, 16:01

I believe the news is about the fact that Don Sorochan the lead lawyer is retiring but staying on with this one case. Also a new lawyer that has been called to the bar is joining the team. He was a RCR infantry officer with 2 tours to Afghanistan. His name is Andrew Hentz.

Sorry it has nothing to do with a settlement. Equitas has been preparing to go to the Supreme Court of Canada if that's an indication of where things are headed.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Sun 20 Nov 2016, 19:00

Aaron Bedard wrote:
I just got some major important news from our lawyer Don that felt like a mountain lifted off my head. I'll announce it as soon as I'm allowed.

Anyone hear what the news was?  Long overdue for us to get some good news
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Nov 2016, 16:29

Bruce that was very well said. Simply the truth.

His comments you expanded on just shows how really inapt he is.

News flash from MVA "Surrey office open!" What a disappointment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2016, 23:47

The MVA is offside and so is the Federal Government.  They shouldn't be concerned with public policy, what they should concern themselves with is their policy towards veterans. This nonsense about letting the lawsuit play itself out is simply a play on words.  Also, the remark about 45000 lawsuits against the federal government being a good thing, is stupid. The fact is that if Canada had sound governance, there wouldn't be all these lawsuits,  but our federal governments past and present are run by so called elitists, who think they can do what they want to.  I for one have news for them, you are wrong and worse than that you are incompetent, which makes you nothing more than a nuisance and a danger to the citizens of Canada,  and all the while your public policy provides you with a lavish lifestyle funded with taxpayers money.

Last edited by bruce72 on Sun 20 Nov 2016, 23:09; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2016, 20:26

I listened to that pod cast, notice when he says his remarks are more concerned about public perception. What a bag of shit, how long are we going to take this position from the MVA. He told us nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker Sat 19 Nov 2016, 19:49

I so want this to be sucessful for all veterans but it seems that the Liberals are going to fight this right to the end.  Seems there is no progress with VAC as long as that "Mandate Muppett" is minister.  I mean we can't even get any clear updates!  When asked the "Mandate Muppett" just goes on his generic speech.  They just keep bragging that they opened more offices to say no to vets.  I sooooo cant wait until its voting time again.......the Liberal colors are red?  Well they got me "Seeing Red" now and it got nothing to do with the color of their party.
LostTrucker
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Was posted on VVI Bullentin Board But not here Empty Lead plaintiff in the court case against the federal government speaks out.

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2016, 14:42

November 18th, 2016

PODCASTS: OTTAWA NOW

90% happy, are they now? Lead plaintiff in the court case against the federal government speaks out. We also get a preview of this weekend's Question Period with Evan Solomon.

Audio: Click on the link below and scroll down to:

PODCASTS: OTTAWA NOW
Friday, November 18th 2016 - 7:52 pm

Hour 3 of Ottawa Now for
November 18th, 2016
90% happy, are they now? Lead plaintiff in the court
case against the federal government speaks out.
We also get a preview of this weekend's Question
Period with Evan Solomon.

Click on (Audio Cut)

http://www.iheartradio.ca/580-cfra/ottawa-now-with-evan-solomon-1.1892475

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 19 Nov 2016, 07:12

I read this as well?
Out of court settlement?
A mapped out process of release with all transitioning to VAC injured or uninjured?
NVC concrete with no strings attached with guaranteed financial support?

Best advice, do your best to get to your wellness back  to your outmost potential  of your Q of L

Last edited by Dannypaj on Sun 20 Nov 2016, 07:31; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Was posted on VVI Bullentin Board But not here Empty Was posted on VVI Bullentin Board But not here

Post by BinRat Fri 18 Nov 2016, 23:16

I just seen this on the VVI Bullentin Board, but was quite a few stories down from the top I had to scroll to find it
Has something been or gotten settled?
Aaron says he can't announce it, Until he's get permission to release the info, and one following him on facebook
see anything else about this ???

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154595186041605&set=gm.949199285211491&type=3&theater

Aaron Bedard‎
to
VETERAN GUERRILLA RADIO
November 13 at 4:18pm ·

Results of the Equitas Fundraiser is we've made another $10k at last nights dinner on top of the $1k I raised with tshirts on 11.11. This has been an excellent 11.11. I'm not hung over. I'm not out of control in any way. Wife's coming back from visiting moms and dinners cookin. We can now start getting excited about Christmas and winter pursuits and hobbies.
I just got some major important news from our lawyer Don that felt like a mountain lifted off my head. I'll announce it as soon as I'm allowed.
If any of my fellow vets aren't doing or feeling great at the tale end of this 11.11 please reach out anytime 24/7 if you need a lift up.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum