Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

2 posters

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty ELB CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT

Post by Ex Member Sun 28 Apr 2013, 09:46

How many of you were not able to get SISIP when they were released, or just like mentioned fell thrue the cracks; my guess is a lot.
How many of you faught and won that battle; my guess is not many.
From what i can see is that the system is as flexible as a 4X4.

Now let's say all of us who did fell thrue the cracks were helped by those who faught and won, then we might just get a chance on real justice; those who won created a precedent which can be used to our advantage.
I don't have to tell you that SISIP and VAC are hiding these précédents to all of us on ELB, they never told you that this other vet with the same case won and is now  on SISIP.
It is either SISIP or ELB, but the thing is that if you are released medical and pay SISIP you should automatically be on SISIP, the VAC program should be for those who don't have insurance and/or could never be insured.

The fraud is much wider and bigger than expected, not only they stole money from us but SISIP also refused to respect and honor their contract with paying costumer.

What i suggest is that all of us on ELB use all similar cases, the right to acces of information is the way to go, since there are précédents we can use this information to our advantage and fight a corrupt, negligent  and injust system in order to get back what is ours.
All of these injustice should never have existed in the first place, let's show them what justice is made of.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest Sat 27 Apr 2013, 22:13

I am one of those people who fell through the cracks. My medical release was srewed up too. So, never received anything from sisp. Althouth I do pay premiums for insurance with them. When I ask Vac about the medical release. They informed me at that time it didn't make any difference whether I was released or not. so now just trying to wait it out to see if anything comes out of the Elb retro. I f not then I will it one more step. They took our money
I woukd like to have it back,just like alot of others on here. I am very happy for those who are on sisp. here's hoping you all get your retro soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 27 Apr 2013, 19:17

Honestly cook, we were lucky to get as far back as 1976, which was when the SISIP policy was created. Any clawbacks prior to that fell under a different policy, which our lawyers cannot do anything about. It is true that there are Veterans who are still getting screwed over by the GoC, (agent orange, CPP, depleted uranium poisoning, ELB retro, etc, etc) but the lawyers are only capable of fighting one battle at a time, and like Titan has pointed out, this involves several different departments, of which, I believe SISIP was the first policy adopted and the GoC saw how pushing the limits of insurance laws could save them a crap load of money, so they adopted the same model for the programs offered by RCMP and VAC. The only saving grace for the ELB clients, is that GoC have previously come out and said that the ELB program was directly modeled after SISIP. So if the SISIP policy was illegal, then the ELB program policies were illegal as well, and have been changed. And It also helps that this has all happened while a single party has been in power. The Tories cannot blame the Libs for the ELB policies, since they're the ones who implemented them, and defended the program throughout the lawsuit.

I do believe you have a rightful beef over the ELB retro, but my point is that your frustrations shouldn't be directed at other Veterans, just because their issue has been corrected, while you continue to wait, and once all SISIP retro money is paid, we will add our voices to yours until the GoC coughs up the money for ELB, if required.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Apr 2013, 18:12

hey fellow vets, in order to get ELB you have to go on rehab trg with VAC, get all the med care the are willing to give you, get assess on your working skills to see what and if you can still work, while that happens you get ELB until your rehab is completed. Call your VAC agent to request it. It's open to all vets. Bigerx, you really don't get it, nobody her believe they are more important than you, just trying to get you t understand that VAC recognize that clawbacks go back to 1945 not 1976. Mcinnis Cooper did a very good job to fight for the SISIP vet, but the slogan"Leave no vet behind" is toatlly false it should say Leave no SISIP vet behind.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Apr 2013, 17:48

I never even applied for ELB. Did not hear about until I heard it here on CSAT.

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by 1993firebird Sat 27 Apr 2013, 17:34

If someone gets elb they must be pretty broken and if they are pretty broken they should be getting a large monthly disability pension , if on the old charter , I am 110 percent and was told that I do not qualify for elb.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down