Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

4 posters

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty ELB CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT

Post by meteck Thu 13 Jun 2013, 12:18

actually the lady i spoke with at the ombudsmans office did say that va has been in contact with the tresury board pertaining to this decision..no answers yet but she did say it was alot of money and was hopeful the retro would go back to 2006..summer is on now for these lazy assholes so until fall dont expect any movement on this issue at the earliest.they know they stole our pensions.they have stopped the prectice because they got caught.all thats left is to repay what is rightfully ours..long summer ahead unfortunatly..i remain optomistic ..

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest Thu 13 Jun 2013, 10:54

buds keep up the good work.that is exactly how it goes first you get some responses some even promising and then you get ignored all together.the victory is great but its the fight that counts.ive lost moast of mine so far but im not deterred.

all that is required for evil men to gain victory is that good men do nothing.

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Thu 13 Jun 2013, 10:16

UPDATE JUNE 13..

i have recieved emails from many soldiers all suffering the same bullshit.ive presented my info packet to news radio with no response.even jose mcciver at va isnt returning my calls now.nor is the ombudsmans office..pissed off would be bang on at this moment. wish i had better news

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 Thu 06 Jun 2013, 18:25

Once again very basic english
I make little investigation regarding the work schedule in the parliament of Canada. Work in house of Commons will end on the june 21 and the senate will end on the june 28. The modification to the law have to be done to stop the deduction from War Veterans Allowance ( for vets of 2WW and Korean war) And all that is part of the bill C-60 Economic Action Plan 2013 Act, No. 1. The Gouvernement did put a gag to make sure that this bill will go to the royal assent before summer break. According to the statement of Mr Bernard Butler (DG Politics VAC) // I don't have a timeline in front of me, Mr. Chair, but I can tell you that in the implementation plan for the process, it's fairly aggressive. We're contemplating, within the first, literally, weeks and early months of passage of the legislation, to engage in that process and to be ready to go. If we look at this population, it's an elderly population in the normal course. They are a low-income group. They are the remaining veterans and survivors of the Second World War and the Korean War. They're a group we really need to get to. We understand that, to ensure that they benefit as quickly as possible from theses improvements.//

This link drive you to C-60 then look for DIVISION 8

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&DocId=6113748&File=155

I hope the Seniors Veterans see a change by the enf of summer or fall.
When the above law will be set we will see if any retro will be provide to the War Veterans Allowance. Then we may have an idea of what VAC may do or not with ELB retro.
Salut à tous
Jack22

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:21

You are exactly right Bigrex.
From VAC point of vue retro needs to be processed by the House, but things can also be done by Harpers gouv., the only problem i can see is that Harper does not move when he needs to pay but surely will when he needs money.
Let's see how it goes, no one can tell for sure, let's just hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:54

Great post Jack. Top right corner is the english version.
Thanks.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:51

I read what the government official said, and it was nothing new. No decision regarding retro. Unless I missed something.

Also, just because the House isn't sitting doesn't mean things cannot happen behind the scenes. Government doesn't stop making decisions just because it's warm out. In fact, this is when they seem to make the most decisions, or at least Harper does, because he knows that he doesn't have to be held accountable in the House until the fall.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty ELB retro not for now.

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:45

Parlement hill is now on leave for all summer. There will be no more discussion till next fall, no décisions were made about retro, but things are looking good for us, see last post on ELB retro.

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  Empty ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Ex Member Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:40

World's slowest system, parlement hill is now on leave for all summer, we may get some news next fall.
Good work Jack22, quand tu aura du nouveau fais nous signe. En attendant passe un bel été.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down