Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+6
chillier76
bigrex
sailor964
pteadams2002
Brasidas
meteck
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 2 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest Wed 16 Oct 2013, 09:22

teentitan wrote:Yes it is Oct 15 but the retro payments are not done yet Brasidas.  They will be complete on the 17th and then you can contact the VAC Minister directly and ask if and when will the announcement of ELB retro happen.
Where is this info coming from my friend? Cause I have asked questions to several people at VAC and no one seems to know anything!!!!Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 21:52

@ Jack 22

I appreciate your effort! I honestly do not understand it myself. Somebody will probably say what it means at some point!

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 Tue 15 Oct 2013, 21:34

My friend Bruce 72!

Try one more time by your self with that particular, because my english is to basic to give it a try. With respect.

Jack 22

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 21:13

@ Jack 22

Any idea what this means?

A transitional provision is required for individuals who are receiving WVA benefits and are also granted a retroactive pension award which pre-dates the coming-into-force date; therefore, the current terms of subsection 32(2) of the Pension Act would apply. Any overpayment of WVA created by such an award will continue to be recovered by a charge against the unpaid installments of the retroactive pension award.

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 Tue 15 Oct 2013, 19:09

Salut à Tous!

I found something very interesting in regard of VAC’s War Veterans Allowance (WVA) benefits, in the Canada Gazette of 9 oct 2013. Amazing that Mr Blaney did an annoucement on the 01 may 2012 saying that is so important... and guest what? it only came in force last 01 oct 2013. And no word about any retro for WVA, ELB and Canadian Forces Income Support (CFIS). Canadian Forces Income Support (CFIS)
Here is the link to the CANADA GAZETTE.
http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2013/2013-10-09/html/si-tr103-eng.php

By by Jack 22

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Oct 2013, 18:19

@ meteck

The new legislation doesn't mean someone can go to university, necessarily. There are very rare cases this would even be considered. All testing done would have to show persons previous academics were appropriate to do university level for one. Plus job specific, plus only need program for suitable gainful employment. An example might be if officer level CF member who had high salary and was needing a more specific degree to find employment at 66% of his pre release salary.
Also, the amount now is just a global amount for all things under rehab for one total. It is up to the legislated amount. Instead of the other way each item had a limit. Now its a total of everything. So the $78,000 sounds good to the public, but who could possibly spend that much in two years on bus passes, text books, printer ink and the like. Nothing has really changed.
Please I hope I wrong, but this info comes directly from VAC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 15 Oct 2013, 13:24

Yes it is Oct 15 but the retro payments are not done yet Brasidas. They will be complete on the 17th and then you can contact the VAC Minister directly and ask if and when will the announcement of ELB retro happen.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas Tue 15 Oct 2013, 13:17

Oct 15th is here.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Oct 2013, 15:25

There's Info on VAC's website. Under the "Media&News" tab along the left side of the homepage.

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:04

ok so to read the ombudsmans latest offering it sounds like fantino has agreed to reset school limits to up to 75200 and to finally start to let people claim real shit during school like computers printers parking etc. it reads as if this is already been agreed upon.yet I can find no other words on the topic anywhere except ombudsmans site. if this is real its big if you are going to or will be attending school. no more silly college crap university would be available to those who want it.. that's a big positive change IF ITS REAL..ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS,,or any other news about finally getting our money back..info people

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Oct 2013, 15:00

Just joined today and want to thank everyone for all the info and opinions expressed here. I know it`s a hot topic for sure, for all of us!
I got medically released in 2002 and did the whole SISIP thing and am now in a real awkward point for VAC. I was put back on Rehab a couple years ago and did the whole March of Dimes thing as well and am now self employed. I do receive ELB and am currently in the process of meeting with my VAC Rep to see if I should be deemed permanently unable to work full time or put back on Rehab. Basically, they have told me I won`t be able to stay on ELB, it`s Permanent Disability or back to Rehab for more training and possibly a different job. Sounds like I have some fun coming my way.
For the ELB Clawback, I find it difficult to believe the government will have justification to with hold the retro but time will tell. I hope it works out for all of us and I do believe it`s a good idea to either nest egg, if you can, or get as debt free as you can, just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by OldZipperhead Wed 02 Oct 2013, 12:41

Teentitan - Nice rant and I agree with it! The report is a wake-up call, but likely will be ignored by the GoC.
OldZipperhead
OldZipperhead
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 01 Oct 2013, 21:48

This is not your normal report. This is a report that should have been done before the NVC dropped in 2006. Why? Because there is an ACTUARIAL done comparing the NVC to the PA.

This report is all FACT no FICTION. Parliament, the Senate Hearings cannot REVIEW anymore. It's time to sit down and get to work!

But the bureaucrats at VAC will fight this. They will demand their chance to do an actuarial. If this happens it's back to square one of all talk no action.

This is a wake up call to ALL VETERAN ORGANIZATIONS. No more scrambling to be the lead voice. To cozy up to the VAC Minister or ADM's and be the yes man for VAC and be the 30 second news clip that VAC is doing a fine job for all veterans and nothing needs to be done.

Gloves off here it's time for all these veteran organizations to take a long deep look in the mirror and ask yourself one question...Am I the president to fight to improve the veterans lives? Or is it to stroke my ego on the national stage? Hell you should see the scramble at closed door meetings. Speak up about having VAC listen to veterans at a meeting and some of these guys turn on you in a heartbeat. All they want is the free lunch, face time with the Minister for their orgs newsletters and the "illusion" their idea is the end all be all answer for all veteran woes.

I'm sick and tired of veteran organization presidents who are all covered under the PA in their 60's or not even in receipt of a veteran benefit and do not have a single clue on how life-sucking dealing with VAC is. The massive difference the NVC is to the PA. Well open your damn eyes...read...and soak it in. The NVC is going to create a lot of homeless elderly veterans!

Tomorrow there is a meeting of VAC Stakeholders at the Military Museum from 10:30 to 4:30 that is so controlled by VAC that one negative comment by anyone will be shut down. And at the end of the day a photographer will show up and snap pictures of the Minister Fantino with all the vet org presidents in front of a Museum display to completely fool the Canadian Public that "VAC cares for veterans".

OK went off on a long rant there to say it's time to get off the toilet...wind your watch...and get to work! Numbers in this report DO NOT LIE!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 01 Oct 2013, 20:16

I have to admit that it went above and beyond what I was expecting, but what are the chances that the Tories will actually listen to any of these recommendations?

For those who have not read the report, the main ELB changes that were recommended include:

1. Increasing ELB (and SISIP) from 75% to 90% of pre-release income.
2. Extend eligibility to all reservists.
3. Eliminate the 2% cap for annual indexing, and have it match actual CPI.
4. Provide 70% of pre-release salary after the age of 65.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Oct 2013, 19:22

Rex, read the PDF file of the report on ctv news, I like it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next