Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+2
meteck
jack22
6 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 5 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest Fri 04 Apr 2014, 22:23

We need our feathered friend

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Fri 04 Apr 2014, 20:50

He always did bruce72.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 04 Apr 2014, 18:30

The lawyer fees go on line 232 other deductions. The amount is subtracted from your gross.

As for doing your taxes just have you accountant do yours (and spouse if pension income splitting) for 2013.

Print off both taxes, if applicable. CRA does not need any T4's,4a's,5's etc. They want the t-1198 and the lawyer bill stapled to your return.

Once they get it they will do the calculations and let you know which amount is lower.

You then have the choice to pay it all or submit a tax relief request. Your accountant should know all this and what needs to be done. He doesn't need to send a letter just the complete tax return and the t-1198 and lawyer bill.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 5 Empty legal fees and taxes ref SISIP

Post by Guest Fri 04 Apr 2014, 17:29

Sorry to post this here but thought someone here might be able to offer advice...Just got my taxes back from the accountants after they tried to deal with the SISIP settlement and had heart failure at how much I have to pay the government for holding my money for so many years.  Just wanted to check if anyone got anything with the amount of legal fees we all paid, since I thought they were tax deductible.  I have gone through all my papers and T documents and can't find a thing.  Am I missing where they are listed? any help would be appreciated. As well, how did everyone deal with the settlement? All in 2013 or reopened the relevant years and refile? My accounting firm is sending a letter to CRA asking them to figure out what is the better way for me but I would think it is only going to be the better way for the government to take more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Apr 2014, 17:10

Service Canada taking over VAC services, true
VAC ELB absorbing sisip ltd, maybe
Dnd taking over VAC , maybe
This Harper gestapo is taking a chainsaw to our benefits and services to save a buck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Apr 2014, 17:05

This government only knows lawsuit. Please veterans don't vote conservative next election under any circumstance

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Fri 04 Apr 2014, 15:54

I agree navrat I am currently finishing up the college career inititive, have a few summer classes before im done. in the next few weeks I will be able to focus on getting the ball rolling. looks like this website was quoted in todays national post piece with gen dallaire. mr gill is now going after the veterans advocacy group with a vengeance. high time we put our cards on the table. I need a few weeks to recoup then I will be neck deep in this. bruce 72, brigette, aicsie, and all the rest we all have a lot to gain by sticking together now more than ever. this website is THE place to post your info. stay tuned..ps...listen to the veterans of this website people they have already fought AND WON... we will need all the help we can get..

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Apr 2014, 13:09

This is a government who wanted a photo op with the families of the deceased Afganstan heroes and were not even going to cover the families expenses , How low , really how low can the Prime Minister get. This guy covered a plane load of multi millionaire business guys for an all out Middle east holiday. This government has to go and meteck you need to become the reprsentive plaintiff in this case because suing is the only way you guys are going to get what is owed to you

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Fri 04 Apr 2014, 12:57

we won nothing aicsie. time to catch up....we will get 4 months retro but wont see a dime till probably September October as if needs to be passed in the legislature/ treasury board. the bureaucratic response time for this sham is about 4 to 6 months to implement. I am taking teen,s and navrat,s advice and info and contacting mr drapeau so we can do what we should have done all along..sue.........everybody who took them to court won..we waited instead...dumb idea..but at least now we know what their position is so take the pittance they will give you and keep fighting for the rest..2006 is when the robbery started,that is where we need to get back to.period

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Apr 2014, 23:46

this web site says the class action has already been won...http://alpheus.ca/2014/03/28/qp-brief-march-28-2014/I don't think the public are getting the message.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Apr 2014, 23:28

Veterans Affairs ends clawback of benefits for 2,500 families

Rhetoric: "Blaney told reporters that the government is going "even farther than what the court required," saying the Harper government had "no obligation" to make today's move but it is committed to "harmonizing" its system and ending deductions for complementary programs." CBC news Oct 10, 2012  . Complementing harmony with "no obligation", sounds honest enough. And "even farther than what the court required" hypocritical lie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 02 Apr 2014, 18:20

Drapeau's office is supposed to call me back Monday the 7th or Tuesday the 8th, to give me whatever update they can about a class action lawsuit or other avenues to go down to get our money.

I'll update everyone when I know what's up.

Back to top Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 5 Empty Just spoke with Ombudsman's office...and nothing new to report.

Post by Guest Wed 02 Apr 2014, 14:45

They are not sure what their office is going to do about all of this and they have no new information.   Asked if they were planning on releasing something about this BS to the press and they could not even tell me that.  Frustrated is putting it mildly.  Does anyone had an idea when Drapeau's office is going to let us know if they are taking the case?  I read Monday or Tuesday but was that this week or next?  Whoever takes the case has the possibility of making more that our last lawyers did because of the scope of this case. You would think the legal guys would be knocking down our door, not the other way around.  There has to be some way through this mess, I am just not seeing it right now.  If anyone has any viable suggestions, bring them on.  I hate sitting around doing nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Wed 02 Apr 2014, 13:00

just checked my invoice from the last elb retro payment from back in 2012..its taxed federally and provincially..roughly 25 percent. if its 4 months it will be taxed the same I believe. it truly feels like the guy at the dance who ended up stuck against the wall of the gym during stairway to heaven!!!! lonely indeed

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next