Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

ELB Class Action Law Suit

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by Guest on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 13:15

yuppers agreed that is exactly what they are like. even if they promise something they may never deliver. remember the red book??? yup a whole book worth of changes and guess what ??? old crotch rot never changed a single thing. oooops forgot he did keep one promise he canceled the helicopter purchase witch turned out to be a disaster. so don't bank on the promises either but best to vote fore the guy that promises they will do the right thing then the guy that tells you to frack right off.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 11:31

Big Rex, that was possibly the most well written piece I've seen here.  You have my respect.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 15 Jul 2014, 01:13

Welcome to the forums pocketwatch. in spite of how it appears, the fight and resolve of these Veterans has never waivered, but even the best prize fighter will take months before getting back into the ring, after going 9 rounds against a bigger and stronger opponent. Sure we won the SISIP bout, but not without our fair share of cuts and bruises. But that doesn't mean we have given up the fight.

Right now, the current government will not budge on ELB, but it is still too far from an election to get promises from the other parties. After all, politics is a lot like a child with A.D.D, they are right gung-ho about a specific topic, but only until the next issue crosses their path, and then they go off on a different direction, without ever achieving much on either issue. So the best time to broach the ELB issue with the other parties will be a month or two before the election, and pray that nothing else catches their eye after that.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3437
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pocketwatch on Mon 14 Jul 2014, 21:21

It seems in this place that the fight has left , I'd rather die fighting than begging on my knees. Find your strengths again an election is a year away what better time than to raise this injustice

Pocketwatch
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Tue 08 Jul 2014, 22:51

ok, so the government says we have no claim to retroactive pay back to 2006, because we are/were receiving ELB which is classified as a benefit and not income. But how is it a benefit when we are only receiving the money in the first place because we were wounded/injured in the line of duty. how is that a good thing for us. We are out a career, body parts, sanity, self respect, suffer from guilt, suicidal thoughts, isolation, high, lows you name it. would we not have earned the money through service either way? WTF
Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck on Sun 06 Jul 2014, 18:11

thank you for the info...I expect the payment to be in oct 2014...sept maybe...and its sad but true..we got screwed.....got to accept it and move on I guess...

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 22:20

Brasidas, from the actual budget

Earnings loss benefit
102. (1) A person who received an earnings loss benefit under subsection 18(1) or 22(1) of the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act for the period that began on May 29, 2012 and ended on September 30, 2012 — or who would have been eligible to receive that benefit if the disability pension paid to the person under the Pension Act for that period had not been taken into account — is entitled to receive an amount determined in accord-ance with the formula
A – B – C
where
A is the amount of the earnings loss benefit that would have been paid to the person for that period if the disability pension paid to the person under the Pension Act for that period had not been taken into account;
B is the amount of the earnings loss benefit that was paid to the person for that period; and
C is the amount of long-term disability benefits that was paid or is payable under the Service Income Security Insurance Plan Long Term Disability to the person for that period as a result of the settlement order in Manuge v. Canada that was approved by the Federal Court on April 15, 2013.
Payment
(2) Any amount paid or payable under subsection (1) is deemed to be an earnings loss benefit paid or payable under the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Act.

The only thing that I cannot find is a coming into force date. I'm hoping that a lack of a specific date means it was immediate, but because the budget didn't receive royal assent until the 19th of June, it was too late to process the payments in time for the deposit last month.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 14:53

Teen is correct! If there was any chance of this succeeding our money hungry attorneys would be all over this

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 13:53

meteck the current $38 million is part of the SISIP LTD lawsuit. The GoC screwed up the COLA and are going to pay it back.

As for the ELB retro I'm sorry but the government is not going to go back to 2006. My contacts in VAC and OVO have stated the government is confident that they do not have to pay as ELB is defined as a benefit not as income. In other words they are confident that if a lawsuit was to be filed they would win.

About the only hope ELB clients have right now is to get Mulcair or Trudeau to put it in a binding contract/writing they would go back to 2006 an reimburse you your ELB. Both of them will "say" they will give it to you but without a binding letter/contract/agreement from them they too will not pay if elected.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3321
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 12:12

If you type either , clawback or claw back into the search engine on the economic action plan website nothing comes up. Hmm, that's strange, or is it? What does the economic plan for Canada have to do with veterans claw backs at all?

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck on Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:55

people...did you not receive your paperwork telling you action plan 2014 once passed would pay back clawback coin to may 2012....my question is is this 38.6 million part of the manuge/rcmp settlement or is this for those on elb? what happened in here? did everyone simply forget we are being screwed over??.friggin sad state of affairs.....

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by the cros on Thu 03 Jul 2014, 21:05

Bravo!!! Une autre 36 millions de dollars accordé d'ànNS les pensions déduites de la sisip et nous avec notre allocation de pertes de revenu et pension déduite un pauvre 4mois de rétro (de mai 2012 a octobre 2012) . on s'est fait avoir vraiment!!! Ils nous doivent cet argent depuis 2006 Come on!!! Est-ce qu'on va en cour avec ce dossier. Qui peut faire la job de Manuge s.v.p??? Ça pas de sens se faire avoir comme ça ! ! Merci pour les renseignements et le suivi!!!! No No No No 

the cros
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Brasidas on Tue 01 Jul 2014, 12:15

Is this a real thing? Where did this information come from? My case manager has heard nothing about it. Of course any answers from V.A are now 9 to 10 months away, as we wait for then to get back to work next March or April.

Brasidas
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 30 Jun 2014, 16:37

Has anyone heard any rumours about when these payments are supposed to be sent out? That extra money would be nice to have while the weather in warm.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sun 22 Jun 2014, 21:44

Thanks Pinger, getting paid 14 days retro, AND the August's ELB on the 22nd, was throwing me. But I guess that finally answers my question.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next