Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+5
meteck
pinger
Rifleman
bigrex
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 4 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by pinger Wed 11 Jun 2014, 23:05

Your right loggie. But in my case, someone (cm) had the foresight to see that my medical sit. would not see me being " suitably, gainfully employed " at all. Those three words are very relevant and key. Someones age also is, what would be practical for someone young may not be practical for someone who's 60. Everyones sit. is different and many factors are taken into account. pinger.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Wed 11 Jun 2014, 15:17

Meteck, I thought ELB continues until you find a suitable job, not just any job. And if the pay is not equal to ELB, then don't they top you up?

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Wed 11 Jun 2014, 11:38

i was never a long term project..elb was designed to help injured soldiers with both mental and physical defeciancies who could not transition to civvi land due to their trade..if i was a storesman i would NEVER have made it on this program..i was signed up back in the day when they were looking to stock up their numbers to show the program was working..i spent the first bunch of years seeing a phychologist and a damn good one at that..once i was completed healing mentally as good i was gonna anyway i started the school process..3 years later i am wrapping up school,,when my job search portion is over,,4 months,,ill be finished with elb....i am going to be finding out just what else i lose when elb is over,,i see a chriropractor,,i receive medication for my injuries. i receive a knee brace when my old one wears out..i wonder just how much in lose when my k number is no longer in play.....scary thought..i don't hate the gvmnt..i don't think the liberals would have done have as well..i do however want fantino gone..and take parm gill with yah...ignorant and socially inept is not what veterans require when dealing with issues...but don't kid yourselves,,its not the usa..nothing will happen from this most likely..rock the hill was good for those who came and did produce a night of coverage to veternas issues but no meetings came from it..no gurantees from anyone worth a damn that change would be pushed harder...so everyone got there stuff off their chests..now what? the nvc is HATED by liberals,ndp,and consevatives for the amount of money spent....i kid you not....so to think adding money to it will happen is a pipe dream..if there is any increase to benefits for any sect of veterans it will be specific and minor...they want to cut va,s budget,,not increase it..prepare yourself for years of disappointment as thew gvmnt further distances themselves from the covenant established 100 years ago,,watch and see

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 18:20

from my understanding of the PROPOSED changes everyone with service related injuries would be transferred right away from SISIP to ELB.

we cant predict the future weather none of the PROPOSED changes are acted on some of them or all of them.

I got on ELB for the situation before me my rehab plan was to keep seeing the doctors I was seeing.

now if SISIP fracks me over I just go to ELB.

if some changes are made it may help me more but im not banking on anything.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jun 2014, 17:39

Yes, I believe that but if the government merges the sisip ltd with the VAC ELB program , the most likely scernios would be all of us on ltdcwould be grandfathered and once we hit 65 then transferred to ELB ? Anyone else have anything

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 10 Jun 2014, 17:10

let me clarify something for all you elb hopefuls....to qualify you must have the following...a medical condition pensioned by the military..come from a trade that does not transfer well into the real world..and you have 2 chances to apply,,don't be discouraged if first one fails..i got help from my caseworker to write my second application...made all the difference....my suggestion. get a caseworker or a va employee to help with the application...ill bet its hard as heck to get on it now..and ill bet you don't have a lot of years to complete the program either,,

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 10 Jun 2014, 00:35

And he is still pounding the drum on that one. The OVO also wants to have all medical files cc'd to VAC the day you join the CF.

I'll tell you this Ombudsman sure has been effective and the next one better do the same.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 09 Jun 2014, 23:57

Well, one thing that would assist the transition, and was recommended by the OVO, was that upon release, every member is given a veterans ID card and number from VAC, so that effectively, EVERY Veteran would be a client of Veterans Affairs, and not just those with disabilities, even if they never require anything from them. Then if something does arise years afterwards, the Veteran would already have an open file with VAC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 09 Jun 2014, 22:24

That's why I like the one recommendation in the standing committee report. The member must be in the VAC program before they are released from the CF.

But for the example you stated above Rex years after can be the exact hurdles you mentioned. But to be the devils advocate here...if the recommendation above is enacted that would mean the DND would be on VAC's rear-end to 'improve' their administrative skills. Therefore working the way the are supposed to be...efficiently.

So if they are efficient working with DND injured personnel then there would be no reason to be inefficient with a situation that arises down the road after retirement for a vet.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 09 Jun 2014, 20:04

Digger, the rehab program is the gateway to access all these other benefits. Under the PA, they criticized the fact that you had to be pensioned to get other assistance, and they wanted to remove those hurdles. But under the NVC, all they did was increase the number hurdles that a veteran has to get over to get benefits. So now, with the extended wait times, a disabled veteran could be left with absolutely no assistance from VAC for well over a year. A possible example would be a Veteran who has been diagnosed with PTSD several years after their release, and it has caused them to be off work. He would first have to apply for a disability award, and could wait up to 9 months for a decision, if granted on first application. Then even once a decision is made, VAC asks how you would like to recieve that money, in a lump sum, or a monthly amount over X number of years. Once you send that paperwork in, it can take several weeks for the payment to be processed. So once you a approved for an award, you can apply for Rehab, and if that is approved, only then can you apply for ELB and PIA, with each individual step taking several weeks to be approved. Meanwhile, it is the Veteran and their families that are struggling, and likely having to use the lump sum to survive while waiting for the bureaucracy to loosen the purse strings.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 19:05

yup that's correct.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jun 2014, 18:31

I applied via secure web DVA site for ELB. I received the below response. Is this standard procedure.

Your application has been received on June 6th 2014. However,
in order to be eligible for the ELB you must first qualify for
the Rehab program. The application can be found on our Web Site
under form number VAC607APe.
Eligiblity is outlined below:
?CF Veterans, including some classes of reservist, who are medically
released and apply within 120 days of release
?Other CF Veterans, including specific classes of reservist,
currently voluntarily releasing or previously medically or voluntarily
released who are determined to have a Rehabilitation Need (RN)
that is creating a barrier to re-establishment in civilian life

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Mon 09 Jun 2014, 16:21

by the way it looks like they are voting on the clawback retribution as part of economic action plan 2014 today in parliament,,the prime minister has brought in another speaker of the house to run till midnight..then it looks like they cut and run for summer....I HOPE THEY DONT LET US DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE WILL NO BE MORNING..stay tuned

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Mon 09 Jun 2014, 16:19

make no mistake todays elb program is NOTHING like it was when I started ..I am very close to finishing school and will oneday soon be off the program..it is not for life for most people,,for those who are on it due to being incapacitated I hope you get all you can.....today it seems they want you to fix yourself mentally extremely fast if there is a two year window..that sucks

meteck
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sun 08 Jun 2014, 13:49

I'll do some digging around with my SISIP contact and see if there is a policy about going back on LTD. I remember that when I finished my voc training and was looking for a job my SISIP handler told me that if my pensioned condition caused me to have to quit my job, or fall below my cut off amount I would be re-instated.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next