Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ELB Class Action Law Suit

+5
bigrex
Teentitan
meteck
Brasidas
9 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

ELB Class Action Law Suit  - Page 3 Empty Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by sailor964 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 15:57

There calling me In the morning for all my details.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014, 15:53

I have one question on the Drapeau law suit; what happened to the information we provided a few months ago? Do they still have it? Do we have to submit the info again... I can't remember when but someone had posted a link on this site, to gather information. Thanks,

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:40

IMPORTANT

This is where the class action lawsuit stands right now. Michel Drapeau's Law Office needs veterans to contact their office if you have been affected by the claw back. As it stands they have 15 cases of vets on ELB (I am one of them) and they would like to have as many as 40+ other vets come forward with their stories. They currently have no cases representing Vets that are receiving War Vets Allowance and were affected by the claw back. It is seriously important that someone reaches out if you know a WWII or Korean Veteran and ask them to contact Drapeau's Law Office at info@mdlo.ca to make a telephone appointment. The Law Office is piecing together where vets live, how old we all are, service history, release items etc. This makes the case stronger in our favour.

Paperwork is key. If you have any paperwork from Veterans Affairs from when you started to receive ELB, War Vets Allowance or CFIS as well as when the claw back ended. This paperwork will show that VAC clawed back our disability pensions and when and if you ELB, War Vets Allowance or CFIS increased when the claw back ended.

Also, Michel Drapeau's Law Office is meeting with the Justice Department in October to discuss how the law suit will move forward. So please be patient for updates to the case, which can be found on http://mdlo.ca/
Remember this could take years if the Federal Government doesn't agree to a possible settlement.

We have approximately 60 days from today as a group, a cohort, brothers-and-sisters-in-arms to contact Michel Drapeau's Law Office to share your information and dig up old paperwork, because in 60 days the Law Office meets with the Justice Department.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:40

Rex I phoned veteransofcanada.ca and left a message and I created an account at army.ca but I can't make heads or tails out of the website. Can't figure out how to post.

Hopefully someone will copy and paste my earlier message to those sites. Otherwise I am at a loss for how to get the information out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:13

Bruce, have you tried contacting other websites like army.ca, or veteransofcanada.ca? I find that they have a broader range of active members, and while I prefer CSAT, not only for the members here, but the entire premise of Veterans helping Veterans, but I think that in order to get the word out fast, we need their assistance.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:39

IMPORTANT

This is where the class action lawsuit stands right now. Michel Drapeau's Law Office needs veterans to contact their office if you have been affected by the claw back. As it stands they have 15 cases of vets on ELB (I am one of them) and they would like to have as many as 40+ other vets come forward with their stories. They currently have no cases representing Vets that are receiving War Vets Allowance and were affected by the claw back. It is seriously important that someone reaches out if you know a WWII or Korean Veteran and ask them to contact Drapeau's Law Office at info@mdlo.ca to make a telephone appointment. The Law Office is piecing together where vets live, how old we all are, service history, release items etc. This makes the case stronger in our favour.

Paperwork is key. If you have any paperwork from Veterans Affairs from when you started to receive ELB, War Vets Allowance or CFIS as well as when the claw back ended. This paperwork will show that VAC clawed back our disability pensions and when and if you ELB, War Vets Allowance or CFIS increased when the claw back ended.

Also, Michel Drapeau's Law Office is meeting with the Justice Department in October to discuss how the law suit will move forward. So please be patient for updates to the case, which can be found on http://mdlo.ca/
Remember this could take years if the Federal Government doesn't agree to a possible settlement.

We have approximately 60 days from today as a group, a cohort, brothers-and-sisters-in-arms to contact Michel Drapeau's Law Office to share your information and dig up old paperwork, because in 60 days the Law Office meets with the Justice Department.

Get on it.

"We are all one class of Veteran"

Back to top Go down

Post by birdgunner Tue 23 Sep 2014, 12:34

I refuse to accept any monetary retro from VAC wrt the clawback of my ELB which sits at six times the amount I received from the SISIP clawback....4 months for 55 months of ripping Veterans off...not on my watch!

I supplied CVA with all related ELB clawback info....haven't heard anything concrete from anyone, yet.

I will, if it comes down to it, will see if NOT accepting a paltry sum from the government is doable....all or nothing(minus the lawyer fees, tax collected, and all the other fees.)
birdgunner
birdgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-10

http://jets.nhl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meteck Tue 23 Sep 2014, 12:01

the longer it goes that we don't get our 4 months retro the better..i think if the cheques arnt being cut by nov at the latest then its because the gvmnt has decided to go to court instead...ide rather go to court for whats rightfully ours than take 4 months of an 8 year ongoing theft of our dignity..I remember the hydro guy installing the meter that cut our power explaining what not to do to avoid tripping the breaker,,i went two years just above the poverty line..all that time 1200 a month was being stolen every month.......I want my frickin money..as do we all ill bet...lets see if these greaseball lawyers got any nuts.....ill be standing by fingers crossed!!

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 14:02

Awaiting response from a law firm here in Québec, if Drapeau's firm go ahead I will stop procedures but meanwhile I do what I have to do.....BTW my lawyer ain't saying no!!! In time I will need all your support Smile Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 11:54

Roger that sailor.

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Sat 20 Sep 2014, 11:37

Once you find out Bruce fill us in please.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 10:42

I was contacted by Drapeau's office on Friday.  They are trying to certify a class action law suit for ELB, War Vets Allowance etc. They are going to call me on the 24th of September to discuss the details of my circumstances surrounding the claw back. This fight is not over yet.

Last edited by bruce72 on Sat 20 Sep 2014, 11:54; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Sat 20 Sep 2014, 07:04

Question of time is not an answer Cros. Sorry but when VA says that the retro is a taboo subject on the phone, your answer of Question of time is sending out red flags.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 23:28

QUESTION OF TIME!!!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 19 Sep 2014, 21:20

Cros, are you saying that you got the retro?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next