Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

ELB Class Action Law Suit

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: ELB Class Action Law Suit

Post by meteck on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 13:30

I have taken the time to read all the posts surrounding my last post. let me be perfectly clear..i have been an outspoken advocate for elb retro as well as fighting like mad to increase the amount of money allowed for education on the current elb system..i am currently in redress mode as initially I was denied by a group of people I have never seen..my case worker ,over last chunk of months..has distanced herself from me while I inch closer to dec and the end of my elb rope..i am far from healthy and receive a sizeable monthly pension. my ANGER stems from 2 things..one,,,ive been on this site for years now,,from before elb retro was even a topic I was questioning why not us....years of reading and posting have gotten me nowhere. in fact I would summize my position has grown more precarious the longer and louder I spoke...nothing has changed..no one in here has any direction forward..its mostly a place to vent in solitude,,now I find out the va is reading our posts.....and you people think its hard to get passed the security that allows us the freedom to express these views..i don't....and the va is fast becoming a vindictive everyone for yourself type organization.. this site isn't so much compromised as it is redundant..and now we have va reps posting in here....colour me disillusioned and tired..tired of fighting for fuck all...even the rcmp was backpaid,,but afgan vets,,,,,,,,we get shafted,,large..ill be unemployed and on gvmnt assistance this time next year..with zero help from all my time and effort in here and elsewhere..we are fractured and weak us vets...my hope was to find a place where we could unite and fight for all...how foolish was I...and anyone offended by my stance can pound salt..chances are you got yours........

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 11:40

I love reading the comments about CSAT. It's what makes the staff of VVi do what we do for the veteran community.

I do know just about every government department that is a "heavy" discussion will come to the CSAT and read the comments. I have been told this many times from people in the know.

VAC does read CSAT and it is beyond me why they just don't comment to correct misinformation. I have strongly asked/suggested that they do but are very hesitant.

I can confirm that several Deputy Ministers have told me the info that is shared on CSAT about VAC is rarely wrong as the veterans that post the info are very knowledgeable and are posting their 'experience' and that is why it is accurate info.

So is CSAT compromised? Well define compromised. Has a veteran been harassed by VAC for a comment made on CSAT? Has a veteran been ignored by VAC from a comment on CSAT?

If anyone answers yes to the above questions then the obvious answer is Yes.

I can highly assume that if a veteran is 'compromised' I would have received a PM about it. To date I have not received such a PM.

So if ANYONE, Meteck I am looking at you, is being harassed by VAC because of a comment you made on CSAT contact me with all the info and I will go directly to the Ministers Office and get it sorted out.

I want everyone to remember your anonymity on CSAT is of the utmost importance to make this forum work. So for VAC or any other government department to be petty enough to find out who you are to harass you I will correct the situation.

As the Forum Master VAC/OVO/MP's/PMO know who I am and know I have made very strong statements against said departments. To date the comments I have made on CSAT/in hearings/in meetings have not resulted in any form of harassment.

So in my opinion CSAT is not a compromised site rather a competent site.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3314
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 11:34

It could very well be as Navrat has said and that is to be expected. The same can be said for any web site be it facebook, tumblr and the like. Anywhere there is a client receiving benefits  and they utilize public forums there may be people viewing  the profiles. However, we can not live in fear nor let this prevent vulnerable Veterans from helping one another. I am of the  mindset that I am an open book when it comes to DVA and Sisip and if they wish to view or investigate me, I will let them see a day in my life any day of the week. Having said that, I have been treated fairly by DVA and Sisip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:53

For me personally I am proud to be a member of CSAT, It gives me a sense of purpose, when I open the site, this is what I see, Veterans helping Veterans.

As for any agency who looks into this site and does not see, and or understands what transpires here a daily basis, just Veterans helping each other out, well if that turns out to be the case, that is just to bad, as that is all that we are about just a group of Veterans who come on board to share different Ideas, situations ect...

We have nothing to hide, if we did, this site would not be open to the general public, so for me personally I say bring it on, I still think that as far as staff from the DVA coming on board to help out here on CSAT, is just not going to happen.

Just what I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 09:26

During the Sisip ordeal I asked my cm at Sisip if they knew about csat and I was surprised by the answer. They did indeed know about csat and regularly viewed the site according to my cm. government depts regularly view , investigate sites that have a direct effect on there operations and public opinion. Imop if Vac didn't view csat their intelligence dept is a bunch of clowns

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 31 Jul 2014, 05:38

that I like if only I was Genie laugh my fackin ass off

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 21:35

I can see your point RR, and how it could be misconstrued. But, IMO, if a VAC employee, with knowledge and access to internal documents, that we are not privy to, withholds that info that could help a Veteran, because they can be identified and penalized, then that would be less than ideal. Obviously people would have to be careful about what details they provide anyone, keeping it more generalized, but that should be common sense, regardless of who they are communicating with in the forums.

Maybe VAC could have a official account, that is monitored by someone inside the MVA staff, but anything they post would probably have to be vetted beforehand by the MVA or the PMO. While an unofficial user can cut through the BS and red tape, and just tell us the truth. Like with the PIA. I had no idea they changed the eligibility rules, but my CM did. There have been no changes to the actual regulations, so the changes must have been made to an internal document, telling the decision makers how information is to be interpreted.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3379
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 19:58

Rex nope do not agree with the last part about being able to hide behind an avatar and being a professional Service Client Representative working for Veterans Affairs, I associate that with entrapment and I (in my opinion) do not think that is fair. DM was accused of being Dennis Manuge and look where that got us, Peter came on here as MC so I believe if a professional is privy to the practises of its employee and comes in here under an avatar offering services to the veteran community I believe it would lead to hysteria, however if a VAC Client Service Rep came in here without an avatar then the conversation would be real and the mood very real. Rex that is my opinion and yes I like yours as well but I would feel better knowing that the knowledge from a real name and title would ease my trust, somewhat. Yes I know it could turn into a lynch mob but so can being an avatar without an identity. Sucks either way buddy.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 19:25

OK, let me lay this out there. There are VAC staff who sincerely want to help Veterans. They may have taken the job because they have a loved one that is a vet, and saw how they were treated and thought that they could effect changes from the inside. I know my CM is like that. When she came by earlier, the first thing she did was give me and my wife a hug. That isn't something that someone just collecting a pay cheque would do. She also told me that she was quite upset, because apparently as of June 1st, they changed the rules for PIA and the PIA supp without any notice, and now it is nearly impossible to get approved. Apparently a few of her other clients were denied, after "having the rug pulled the rug out from under their feet" halfway through the approval process, in spite of being deemed TPI. This blatantly contradicts what the MVA has claimed about making it easier for veterans to access these benefits.

So that being said, if there is any VAC employees who comes on the site, and wants to offer their insight and expertise, they should be able to depend on the same level of anonymity that we rely on.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3379
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 18:17

I am most certain that this poster is not and has not been an employee of DVA or any other Veteran entity. 6608 it is just someone spamming and/or looking to get a reaction from Csat members and sadly has proven to be effective. It is very unfortunate that this has caused you undue stress. I can confirm that I too have been mimicked on Csat but know now that it has no reflection on me or Csat. I hope you come to the same conclusion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 18:16

Regardless of how any topic is handled here on CSAT the bottom line as I have stated is the Veterans are helping Veterans, I PM those that I know when I have a question that might cause some well shite, or I want to be personal with my CSAT brotherhood. Challenging anyone via open forum or through PM is a choice that we regulars do not opt to perform, so to those that feel the need to PM and cause shite feel free to do so but you will be challenged regardless. As for ELB I have learned more about ELB or any topic VAC in these forums than any case manage can tell me or will tell me. This is a site that we use to inform be informed or learn and all the above are being done. No where does it say we can change the world but we do say challenge via addressing issues with fact, pen and stamp or for those with high speed the email way. Good luck to all veterans and be cool. Teen you have a right to have clarity in respect to what others post and it is your right to act on my behalf when I do not understand something, (ok not all the time I am thick but not that thick). Ok i am done good luck and lets play ball.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 17:05

I do believe he is referring to the post, posted by and individual who goes by the user name of Springchicken, posted on July 21 2014, thread 82 para one who claims to work for Veterans Affairs.

Rather the poster does or does not work for DVA should not reflect in any way that the post in question does compromise this site, as the poster in question was reaching out to a member to request that member PM him or her to try and clarify a so called miss understanding.

As I have stated before no open forum is going to be private from the general public, so as Rex and Teen have stated, we should be encouraging DVA to climb aboard, not discouraging it.

Having said that, it is highly unlikely that any staff from DVA would come on to this site to offer any support to us, the repercussion to them, I would think would be questionable to their job ethics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 15:16

6608; until Meteck clarifies his statement he is saying that CSAT can no longer be a site for veteran help on the ELB retro.

I understand Meteck's and everyone else's feeling about the ELB retro.  The OVO, advocates, former JAG Michele Drapeau, and reporters have challenged VAC on this topic.  VAC's position is "Take us to court and prove we have illegally clawed back your ELB."  VAC strongly feels they will win.

But Meteck made a bold statement that this is a compromised site for veteran help.  Well I find it offensive and must defend the integrity of VVi CSAT Forum.  I argued with 2 Members of Parliament in March when I testified at the Standing Committee for Veterans Affairs that regardless of handles instead of real names the CSAT is a place where veterans can help veterans without persecution from VAC or the GoC.

So all I want is Meteck to clarify his statement.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 15:04

Teen all i think meteck was referring to was springchicken's post above no big deal..........Good to see their employee's stop by.

cheer's
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Wed 30 Jul 2014, 12:58

Couldn't agree with you more Rex!

I invite, encourage, and beg any VAC employee from the NCCN to the Minister himself if you read something that is wrong then step in and correct it...either thru me or joining CSAT.

To date the only one to contact me about a CSAT posting is the OVO, and they have done it more then once.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next