Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ananda Clinic London Ontario

3 posters

Go down

Ananda Clinic London Ontario Empty Ananda Clinic Now Open

Post by Connor1 Sat 15 Apr 2017, 00:02

The Ananda Clinic in London is now open and registering Vets for PTSD support, vitamin infusions, sleep and respiratory therapy, social work, massage and cannabis therapy all under one roof. Really cool staff and awesome counsellors. They also conduct paid patient studies through their cannabis and non cannabis compound cream division which basically only require Vets to fill out surveys on how their compound therapy is going. A psychiatrist on staff can also help Vets who've been knocked down from 10 grams a day get their scripts back up. Website is www.anandaclinic.com

Connor1
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2017-04-14

Back to top Go down

Ananda Clinic London Ontario Empty Re: Ananda Clinic London Ontario

Post by BinRat Wed 22 Mar 2017, 18:52

Sounds Good...

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Wed 22 Mar 2017, 18:47

Thanks BinRat! I'll post back when everything gets rolling with Ananda.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Wed 22 Mar 2017, 16:59

Okay Vet1234, I was just talking to Julie at Ananda, and she said Yes they do do Vsee for people who are out of the city
so it can be setup to be done with the nurse, and or Doctor, and social worker.

they also have a shuttle service as well if driving in to London is a problem for you as well..

Also if you have any other question she'll be happy to answer them..

BinRat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 21 Mar 2017, 07:43

Well the way it starts is the 1st 2 appointments are 1 with the Nurse, probably Holly, who will take your medical history
and you can at that time explain all your problems and of course she'll make notes of it all, and then sometimes
they'll make the 2nd appointment the same day. so after you see Holly, you then head out and see the Doctor.

And if you had mentioned anything to Holly in which they need a prescription for the Doctor will then do the prescription
at that point.
And they take care of it all, so the DR. at the end will walk out to the front desk, pass along any instructions and setup your
next appointment as well at that time.

If per say they say for physical condition and mention you could benefit from a compound cream, again they request
the authorization from Blue cross on your behalf, and if Blue Cross denies it, well the Doctor will send in more information
yada yada to justify that prescription.

turn around times for prescription from Blue Cross that they submit from what I have experienced take only a couple days to
get approved.

The staff there are very very pleasant, easy to talk to, and take the time to talk to you,. Not like most Doctor's office's were you
go in, state name, produce health card, and then told to take a seat. Once you go in there, you can stand and talk to the Ladies
at the desk, they'll answer any questions you have, offer you Coffee, Tea, water, Heck even a Fruit bowl on the waiting room table.

So they Do try to do their Upmost best to reduces as stress, anxiety you may feel going in there.

My social worker there is Angela, and she'll try and do whatever she can to help, and or if there is anything she can do, like
make phone call(s) on your behalf to get something moving, or to find out the status of something, She'll make the phone call
on your behalf and do her best to find out whats going on.

She's even asked me if there was something that she could do or even get setup to help me with things for example, I liked doing
wood work, and I was like ya I miss doing that, and making Wood lamps on a lathe, and she's was like, Hmm I wonder if there was
some way we could get it setup, if we had enough interest from others, to approach a school and see if we couldn't use their facility
after Hours.

So there are things like that, if it is something that will help you, she'll work on it to see if something can be arranged.

I was skeptical, didn't know what to expect when I first went there <---------------- Brain fart forgot what I was gonna say there, my bad

Heck if you have a dog, service dog or not, that helps you, by all means bring him along, they'll get mugged by the ladies
who all love dogs, even take care of of them if you want while your in your appointment, so ya they do whatever to make it
at least stressful for you.

Last edited by BinRat on Tue 21 Mar 2017, 07:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had a Brain fart and fogot what I was gonna say 2nd last paragraph)

BinRat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 20 Mar 2017, 21:50

I just filled out my registration today, I'm supposed to get a call tomorrow for an appointment. I think my anxiety is getting the best of me.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Mon 20 Mar 2017, 21:47

Well, Hmmm that is a good question... For which I can honestly say, That I am not sure about

But treatment wise if it's for Osteo, and or Kinesiology they do that there at the clinic and the
Doctor there to see if you need to get a prescription for anything.

Umm and I was just there today, and My next Appt isn't till thursday, were I could ask and find out
for you if they do use them for some of the Referrals to them.

So I can ask and see what they say and post back then on what they say, unless your Appt is before then
then you'll have the answer before I'll know...

BinRat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 20 Mar 2017, 21:18

I don't live in London, was wondering if they did Telemedicine or Vsee/Skype appointments?
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Mon 20 Mar 2017, 21:16

Hey Vet1234...

Yup, I am right now

Anything in particular you have a question about

BinRat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 20 Mar 2017, 15:35

Has anyone ever dealt with this clinic?
I was just referred.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Ananda Clinic London Ontario Empty Ananda Clinic London Ontario

Post by BinRat Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:35

Thought I'd post this since this is a new Clinic that actually doesn't open it's door Officially till 15 Jan 2017

http://anandaclinic.ca/

From their homepage, which I guess right now is a temp page they setup, and are working on another or updating soon Bear's this

"Proudly providing veterans and their families the first class service and care they deserve.
Mental Health Services • Sleep Services • Respiratory Services • Cannabis Resource Centre
• Complex Disease Services • Complimentary Alternative Medicine"

Physical Health services

Physiotherapy
Osteopathy
Massage Therapy
Acupuncture
Chiropody
Naturopathic Care
Dietician and Nutritionist
IV Vitamin Therapy
Sleep Services

Mental Health Services

Psychiatry
Psychology / CBT
Neurofeedback
Social Work / Counselling
Medical Cannabis Consultations

Products

Foot Orthotics
Compression Socks
CPAP Devices
Support braces for ankles, knees, back, wrists and elbows
Custom Pain Creams

So if you are in need of a 1 stop shop type thing, this place seems to have it all.
The Founder of this Clinic is a Veteran himself, and I guess from what I heard also Supports
the MFT in Strathroy.

The registration at the Bottom of the page, Myself since it isn't a https:// address I printed the page off
then filled it out, and dropped it off to them, rather then filling it online due to the Question(s) which are
Mandatory.

To me that is to much identifying info posted if it gets out for identity problems, but they had no problem
with me filling it out and dropping it off.

When they receive that, you'll get an E-mail with a In-take package to fill out, Medical Questionnaire and a
couple of things they do require.

From VAC - Current Statement of Assessment
and a List of your medication history from your pharmacy.

After they receive that, you just have to wait for a scheduled appointment to go in and see them.
Apparently I'm in the group of first 100 people to register with them.

They have sent VAC Copies of their Pamphlet, Cause I called to let my Case Manager know about it
and that I was going to register with them, but she had gotten the info a couple days before hand.
And apparently you DO NOT need a referral from your Doctor to get in, but they state on the form, they
are NOT replacing your primary care doctor.

Anyhow, if your in need of something like this, have a look, call them, whichever and check into it.
Any more info I get during my intake procedure I'll let you know of anything that comes up.

Take care everyone...

BinRat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum