Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vets Get Ecstasy to Treat Their PTSD

2 posters

Go down

Vets Get Ecstasy to Treat Their PTSD Empty Vets Get Ecstasy to Treat Their PTSD

Post by Guest Sat 13 Apr 2013, 07:59

Awesome

Back to top Go down

Vets Get Ecstasy to Treat Their PTSD Empty Re: Vets Get Ecstasy to Treat Their PTSD

Post by Guest Fri 12 Apr 2013, 07:54

Lakes r open rivers running Robbie, walleye moved in to the culvert last note, awesome to see them in 6 large hens 4 males hanging round, soon soon SOON!!!!

Back to top Go down

Vets Get Ecstasy to Treat Their PTSD Empty Re: Vets Get Ecstasy to Treat Their PTSD

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 06:02

Awesome brother, glad life is great or better, Fair Winds hope you land that large mouth bass this spring I'll be gunning for a huge lot myself, is all the ice off the water down there, just a tad bit left up here in Petawawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 18:23

I was on a shit load of meds, 11 months Ndmc surgical and psyc ward, had to go into civy rehab to get of the zombie drugs that's when my shrink put me onto the medicinal marijuana. What a difference, supposed to "consume" and inhale as break thru dosage. everything is tolerable now, better for sure! The Maryjane coupled with my service dog, HAS made a siGnificant difference in my life. I get my new service dog next week, new crop comes down next week too. Life is great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove96 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 16:55

I so get the whole drug thing and I am not a weed guy either and not a big drinker, so I spend my day for the most part trying to cope as I am sure most do, but I have HUGE medical issues, and at the end of the day sadly we have to be are own advocates
I appreciate that. Being our own advocates is very difficult when PTSD, depression, cognitive problems, etc cause havoc while trying to create clear arguments. I just finished an appeal that took me 2 weeks averaging 4 hours a day to write. This was a only a 2-page document! (with references) Each new day I had to re-learn what I wrote/worked on the day before. We just have to keep fighting.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Apr 2013, 08:56

No Bolt your not alone on that thought about drugs, I figure I walked into the shrinks office without narcotics playing a role in my diagnoses so i refuse to fill my fucked up head with even more toxins. So I opt out of being stones to heal my PTSD. My opinion shared by another person makes me glad I again am far from alone buddy and your right about those that regard a monthly pension as a god sent, if i had my way I'd still be serving drug free, just kidding guys I love the responses here thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 16:14

Why not put a plan together with those that have some common boot prints ie, guys that did Afgan, Hard Army, people you can relate to etc etc. Approach VA etc and say we 4-6 people want this type of Treatment/Therapy, because we can no longer live this way period and we are DEMANDING something better. I will do what I can but some days I am just not able to but together we could make that happen...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 16:06

@ Rags...Peyote is that what you are talking about, if so yes more commonly refereed to as mescaline, another psychedelic, it's is the “button” or centre from some cactus i think or wuteva, from what I have read and investigated it is more to the LSD side which may not come out right for someone rockin his mind with PTSD and has excellent fire arm skills, but hey maybe that needs to be looked at, there is another plant deep in the amazon as well again dates back many a many millennium... on the Ibo side of things

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 15:55

Bolt Check out the MDMA thing, and or Ibogain. For the MDMA thing it is not like they give u a jar of pills every week I think the average is 6 weeks to heal some really messed up brothers and sisters, so how I think it works is they give you one pill in the room with some head Dr. And then u do therapy it may even be with other Vets, would you take 1 pill 6 times for a chance to have your life back? The other is an admit and dose and out in four days all done Ibogaine only has to be taken once I am pretty sure but they titrated you up I think to TRY and stop you from puke'in but again what do I know am pretty sure tho. I am not a medical professional and I really do not want to lead you down a path I have no knowledge.

I so get the whole drug thing and I am not a weed guy either and not a big drinker, so I spend my day for the most part trying to cope as I am sure most do, but I have HUGE medical issues, and at the end of the day sadly we have to be are own advocates, but whatever it takes, because you or anyone one else that served does not deserve to suffer and be sentenced to a life of misery. Anytime you wanna talk my brother my hand shall always be be out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 15:22

What about those of us who don't want drugs? I took myself off all the psych meds after seeing how much of a fat pig I'd become!

I know some swear weed helps them but I'm not a weed smoker neither. Smoked a few bricks back in the day when I had a head full of hair and piss and vinegar in my veins. Nowadays it's Diet Pepsi and the cigarettes. Not even alcohol seeing how i caught that I was becoming a mean drunk which isn't cool at all so figured, WTF, might as well buy guns and blow off some steam with tangible and instant results at the range.

That's not to say there isn't a place for these alternative meds, but personally I think they're in a league all by themselves and way too potent! Just as well shove a spike in your arm and shoot heroin for that matter ... but hey, I'm just one guy with his own opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 11:32

Calling PTSD a invisible desise is very roung, Trust me my wife can see it, my children see it my spy sees it and so do I. Thous how workrd whit us did not because we where all in the Wheel and many were as bad off as we where. Drugs do help but the best cure is lurning to accept it and learn to live whit it. Just like loosing a hand we must do efforts every day to adapt and live on. That is the true chanlange of the soldier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 08:54

IIbogaine is bark from a a small bush but at the end of the day if it works for you, if it gives some relief or some happiness and improves your quality of life who cares where it comes from .For many anything is better then the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 05 Apr 2013, 06:56

Bring o the "piotti" or how ever you spell it. Why go to a chemical compond made by man or to west africa when its right in our back yard. Talk to the southern US indians Piotti is the answer.

tee hee

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Vets Get Ecstasy to Treat Their PTSD Empty Canada approves use of ecstasy in study into PTSD

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 18:09

I was pretty sure it was available in Canada...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12/28/canada-approves-use-of-ecstasy-in-study-into-post-traumatic-stress-disorder/

‘It opens your heart’: Canada approves use of ecstasy in study into post-traumatic stress disorder”

February 13, 2013

Canada: Health Canada Grants MDMA Import Permit

"On February 13, 2013, our Canadian pharmacist received the corrected import permit from Health Canada, after working for more than 2½ years to make the required security adjustments to the pharmacy. The previous permit erroneously listed the manufacturer rather than the supplier on the form. Finally, after working more than three years, our Swiss MDMA supplier will now finally request an export permit."

http://www.maps.org/research/mdma/studies/mp4/

They don't call it the LOVE DRUG for Nothing, There is HELP!!! Stay strong and keep it real.

Bip

Back to top Go down

Vets Get Ecstasy to Treat Their PTSD Empty There is a SOLUTION and CURE for PTSD fact!!!

Post by Guest Thu 04 Apr 2013, 17:22

There is a SOLUTION absolute fact!, I will make this short cause I am not in the greatest shape right this moment to sit. I have had 4 PTSD, experiences in my life 2 of which were in the military and this is a diagnosed medical opinion. I also suffer from untreatable major depression, (there is a solution for that but it's a bun fight with my health care team, but it is my life and I will win, I just have to suffer a year or 2 more).

Okay PTSD cure, #1 Methlylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA), also known as "ecstasy" the US VA has study it since 2000 and the treatment is FDA & DEA approved it has a 83.3% success rate which is HUGE. I think and shall get back to you on that there is now a trail about to start in Vancouver, not certain but I think. Now for it to work it is combined with psychotherapy which makes total sense so we take a HORRIFIC experience and combine it with a wonderful experience gee that makes sense, no brainier. I have talked with my shrink(s) and Psychologists lord knows I have had many and they all agree we need access to that treatment here. Here is some data on the trial and the effectiveness of MDMA.

"A total of 7 of the 8 placebo-treated patients elected to participate in the open-label crossover portion of the study. Significant decreases for these patients were found in both CAPS (P < .05) and IES-R (P = .013) scores, "from the end of the control trial to 4-6 weeks after 2 MDMA sessions were completed." The clinical response rate was 100% for all 7 patients"

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/725596
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/09/new-trial-gives-vets-ecstasy-to-treat-their-ptsd/

and Google is your friend as well

Cure #2 Ibogaine now this is very different then MDMA. Ibogaine is a naturally occurring psychoactive substance found in a plant in a member of the Apocynaceae family known as Iboga. In other words it is a HEAVY psychedelic dosing you would be hallucinating for 3-4 days, that said the issue with it is that you will be sick no if and or but about it you will puke and puke in the first 12 hours then no more when u need to be in a medical setting so you don't choke to death. This drug comes from a small place in West Africa and has been used for over 3000 years now they only say when it was “Discovered” anyway, whatever I think the tribe was there a lot longer, just saying. Ivy League papers and study’s by the top scholars, around the world, in short, say some of theses things. One dose of Ibogain is like at least 15 years of psychotherapy, what happens is that it taps into your mind, and it is like looking at your entire life page by page but because of the easy and soft feeling you also have you can look at sad and hash things and let it go. There is NOW a clinic in Toronto. Ibogaine has cured 40 year heroin addicts, eating disorders etc..etc....Google is your friend LOTS of data.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibogaine

If anyone ever needs to talk my phone always works some days, (many days) though I am just not at my desk... This is your life and you deserve better than to suffer!

Regards Bip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down