Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre

+5
Dannypaj
czerv
Dove96
Kramer
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre Empty GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre

Post by Dove96 Wed 09 Mar 2016, 13:24

After seeing some very flippant and rampant comments on youtube where people are misusing "medicinal" marijuana and proud of it, I feel the need to make a disclaimer.
Please do not construe our jocularity regarding MJ to translate to misuse.
MJ helps with medical conditions where other medicine was little or no help. (or had too many side effects)
It makes the day go better to make light and fun of our situation(s). Razz
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre Empty Re: GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre

Post by Dannypaj Mon 01 Feb 2016, 08:27

Thanks TripleT, now we are talking common sense 2016 . This stigma surrounding medical marijuana is something else that needs to be eliminated.
My wife, a (RN) nurse says "I would rather you on weed for pain and your other symptoms, opposed to having to take narcotics". Being a recovering alcoholic and having a prescription for narcotics to now only using weed we I need it and a regime of anti-psychotics, well time will tell.
The flue is still there.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre Empty Re: GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre

Post by TripleT Mon 01 Feb 2016, 08:02

Hey BinRat, If you are interested in finding out if weed works for you in treating your symptoms, you don't have to go through the process of applying for a prescription, and then obtaining a trial pack! I will "GIVE" you a bunch to try, courtesy of VAC! If you feel, like I do, and many others do, that MED weed is better than all the other crap out there they are trying to feed you, then get yourself a prescription! It's easy, confidential, and I didn't even have to ask VAC to cover the cost, my provider handled all the details, and I received one of VAC's "Congratulations", you have been approved yada yada. Since that day, I've stopped taking all anti-depressants and my body is functioning normally again. The anti-depressants were causing undesirable side effects, including but not limited to, sexual dysfunction! Life is good again, and the weed is more of an aphrodisiac than   Escitalopram, or any of that other crap I've tried, that's for certain, lol.

And Dannypaj is 100% bang on! Having that prescription eliminates "ALL" of the sneaking around, the paranoia of being arrested for having pot, or transporting it, etc..

TripleT
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sat 30 Jan 2016, 06:18

Cannimed is a provider of this medicine and has sample packs and is set up for veterans use. The pack comes with a vaporizer and  3 bottles of  milled medical marijuana. The amount of delta-9- tetrahydrocannibal (THC + THC -A) and cannabidiol (CBD + CBD -A) are clearly indicated on the front of the bottle.  
Having your green card takes away the paranoia and stigma that surrounds the use of this sort of medication, which has been around for centuries.
PM if any question.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Fri 29 Jan 2016, 20:03

I'd go for a 7 day trial pack if they had it just to see if it actually did help, if not ya go, okay no more

But sadly they don't offer a trial sample...

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove96 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 19:05

Wild thing: End with "brownies" and "honey tea", yum. Couch lock and movies the rest of the night. Tee.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 29 Jan 2016, 18:30

Makes sense danny

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 29 Jan 2016, 17:40

Dannypaj wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/cash-crop-legal-pot-worth-up-to-dollar5b-a-year/ar-BBoOYfp?li=AAggNb9&ocid=SNYDHP

$5 billion dollars of underground revenue now in the hand of GOC.  

First step complete.  
Getting total control of this drug that was easily accessible on the streets and now having it distributed legally through a licenced provider....awesome move!
Taxes on a product that can grow on its own and that can redevelop itself at no cost to GOC.
Any injured soldiers?

We are all worth it.  Arguments aside, the promises that were all made should all be implemented (how can they not?).  
You do not prance yourself on National television and announce changes to benefits and not make a move. It doesn't make any sense.
Fear of no money in the budget?  Tourist, cheap cdn. dollar?  Place known for love and peace globally? Legal Marijuana?
$ $ $
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 29 Jan 2016, 16:52

Dove thank you so much for sharing all the research you have done. This is an excellent starting point for vets looking to use medical marijuana.

Again THANK YOU Dove!
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Jan 2016, 16:27

Very good an very helpful Dove96...I can see you put a lot of work into posting all those recipes...very impressive an much appreciated !

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 29 Jan 2016, 15:42

lol@ pinger and nav

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 29 Jan 2016, 15:41

Can i come for dinner.lol

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:43

Chopped Canada

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove96 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:21

I like to use a hybrid that is a high CBD and Indica dominant. The Sativa gives energy for creativity and action while the Indica/CBD handles the pain.

It is different for everyone. Don't stop at trying just one I had to try at least 4 before I found out I couldn't use a Sativa or Sativa dominant strain.

I use CBD Kush from Redecan Pharm in tincture form.
I have another high CBD from them "Shark Shock" 7.1% THC, 12.3% CBD and the strain is 80% Indica. I am going to make an oil based tincture with it and some honey (love it in tea in the evening.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre Empty Cannabis Strains and Information

Post by Dove96 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:06

I did some research before asking my doctor here is some of the information that I compiled. Most LP's provide the percentage of Sativa or Indica that is in the product. For example White Widow is 75% Indica and 25% Sativa. They also provide the THC and CBD levels.

Cannabis Strains

The two species of the Cannabis genus that are most commonly grown are Cannabis indica and Cannabis sativa.
Strains are developed from these to intensify specific characteristics of the plant or to differentiate the strain for the purposes of marketing it more effectively as a drug. Strain names: Kush, White Widow, Diesel etc

Sativa (species)
Typically a more energetic, cerebral high.
Sativa rarely reports pain blocking attributes.
More determined thoughts
Creativity and Action is easier
Being social is still possible
Alerting in small dose Sedative in larger doses
Wake'n'Bake/Day Smoke

Indica (species)
Typically produces a full body sense of calm.
Indica is reported to have the best pain blocking qualities.
Less determined thoughts (what…?)
Creativity increased but Action is inhibited
More meditative than social (couch lock)
Sedative (in both large and small doses)
Night smoke (can put you to sleep)

Both: Stimulates serotonin which acts in the central nervous system - responsible for mood, appetite.
Uplifting capabilities that may aid in depression and/or chronic fatigue syndrome.

Note: Pure Sativa can induce paranoia attacks and irregular heart beats so it is a rare choice.

Hybrid Cannabis Strains
Hybrids are created by breeding two strains of cannabis together, where one strain is, in some part, Indica and the other is, in some part, Sativa.

Hybrid Sativas (Satvia dominant)
Sativas made to fit special criteria such as exotic smells, tastes and the "up" high Sativas are known for.
Hybrid Sativas are used for their motivational properties, often without the paranoia associated with pure Sativa.
Sativa hybrids rarely have any pain blocking attributes and shouldn't be used as such.
Satvia hybrids can have anti-depression and appetite stimulation qualities, so can be used as medicine for this.

Hybrid Indica (Indica dominant)
In terms of medicinal value these are the best and most widely appreciated.
Works on pain, appetite, depression etc and benefits from Satvia to stay alert.
They tend to have many qualities that both grower and patient find to their liking
The majority of medical marijuana is hybrid Indica.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next