Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre

+5
Dannypaj
czerv
Dove96
Kramer
Teentitan
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre - Page 2 Empty Re: GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre

Post by Teentitan Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:04

Thank you kindly Dove
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre - Page 2 Empty Re: GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre

Post by pinger Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:59

Well so much for my therapy crockpot recipes Sad
Hell's kitchen's got nothing on you Dove.
Good to hear from you.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre - Page 2 Empty Part V Cannabis Cream

Post by Dove96 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:51

Canna Cream

This is for a small batch. Shelf life of approx 3 months so I make it as I need it.

Ingredients

4 tbsp cannabis oil (I use coconut oil it has the longest shelf life)
1 tbsp granulated beeswax - if using solid cut or grate so it will melt easier
3 tbsp cold water
Essentials oils - optional*

Equipment

Pot of hot water
Pyrex dish or measuring cup - that fits in pot
Electric mixing wand  or high speed beater
Storage bottles/containers
Labels

Directions

Put a pot with water on the stove and set to warm - do not boil.
Put the oil in a container (Pyrex measuring cup is good) then place in the pot to warm oil.
When oil is warm remove from pot and add beeswax. Stir until wax is melted.
Let cool slightly - stirring while the wax is melting should be enough. It may start to solidify.
Gently stir in essential oils.
Turn wand/mixer on high and start to mix the oil.
Slowly add the water while mixing. It will get thicker as more water is added.
Spoon into containers, cover when cool.

Best stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.

*The Cannabis scent can be pretty strong. Vanilla, patchouli, bergamot, sandalwood, nag champa work well to counteract and/or compliment it .

Tip: Clean-up - immerse measuring cup and spoon in pan with hot water then wipe clean before washing.  Beeswax tends to stick if this step is missed.
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 195
Registration date : 2013-02-15

Back to top Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre - Page 2 Empty Part IV Cannabis Honey and Tea

Post by Dove96 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:42

CANNA HONEY

Ingredients
5 grams decarboxylated cannabis
200 grams honey (1 cup) This will cook down by 1/3 the amount.

Equipment:
Crock pot
cotton teabags (purchase or sew a small bag out of cheesecloth, sugarbag or cotton)
Storage container - I use small mason jars
Labels

Directions
Place canna loosely in large teabag. Sew shut or pull strings and tie.
Place honey in crock pot on low to become liquid then add cannabis. Cover the crock pot and let it simmer on very low heat for 4 hours.
Stir approx. every 30 min. Important - When you take the lid off wipe off the condensation.
Note: Make sure you don’t boil the mixture or it will lose all its properties and the honey will burn.
After four hours switch off and allow to cool to handle. The honey will be thick and dark.

Use rubbler gloves and squeeze the bundle. A potato ricer works to squish the bag.
Pour into bottles. If the mixture is too thick to pour - warm it up a bit.

Substitute this with any honey recipe, take a dose in tea or straight up. Nice on toast.

Important:
Canna honey is potent - begin with 1/2  tsp. You will begin to feel the effects after 1 to 1 1/2 hour.
Ingested Cannabis effects can last 6 1/2 hours.

BONUS
Canna Tonic

Canna Honey tea bag
Water
Crock Pot

When finished making CannaHoney put the tea bag back in the crock pot and add water. Stir to get honey off sides.
Turn the crock pot on low and leave for 2 hours - stirring occasionally.
Squeeze out tea bag. Pour liquid into mason jars and seal.
Refridgerate for up to 3 weeks if they seal - 1 week if they do not.
Potency depends on amount of water and type of Cannabis used.

Uses: Add to soda water, mix into tea, substitute for water in baking recipes (reduce sugar).
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre - Page 2 Empty Part III Cannabis Coconut Oil

Post by Dove96 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:36

Cannabis Coconut Oil
Coconut oil can be found in solid or liquid forms. This method can be used for olive oil, grapeseed oil also for use as an oil tincture.

Ingredients
10 grams decarboxylated* cannabis (I made a batch using 20 grams and smaller capsules)
1 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp lectithin - liquid is the best, I left this out and it was fine.
Note: the recipe can be halved

Equipment:
Crock pot
Cheese cloth
Storage containers
Capsules "00" - optional
Labels

Directions
Place coconut oil and lecticin in crock pot on warm or low.  
Add canna to crock pot.
Ensure the mixtures stays around 160°F. Do not go over 200°F. If your crockpot is a bit warm the lid can be put ajar to keep it from heating up too much.
After four hours turn off your crockpot and let the oil cool a bit before handling.
Place cheesecloth over a container and pour in the oil.
Squeeze out the cheesecloth. Dispose of residue.
Place oil in an airtight container in fridge or put in capsules and store. Keep dark by putting it in a paper bad or box.

Use oil in recipes (do not overheat), mix in with food or put in capsules. Edible oils can be used in tinctures.
Use in recipe for a topical rub - "Canna Cream"

Important:
The marijuana oil is potent so begin with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon. You will begin to feel the effects between 30 minutes up to 2 hours.
Normally ingested cannabis lasts 6 hours but is dependent on dose, method of ingestion and diet.

*see decarboxylating procedure

Note: This recipe can be cut in half in the crock pot without problems.

LABEL THE CONTAINERS

Last edited by Dove96 on Sat 07 May 2016, 12:43; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : highlighting, added a note)
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre - Page 2 Empty Part II Tincture Alcohol Based

Post by Dove96 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:33

Tincture - Cold Brew
Tinctures can be made from glycol, alcohol or oils. Tradition method is done in a cool dark place over 60-90 days and produces a darker, harsher tasting product.

Ingredients
14 g Decarboxylized cannabis                                                
225 ml - 151 or better alchohol (i.e. vodka)

Equipment
Mason Jar with lid Optional: potato ricer
Cheeze cloth
Elastic
Tincture bottle (s)
Labels                      LABEL THE BOTTLE: I cannot stress this enough.

Directions
Place decarbolized cannabis in the jar add alcohol.
Put on lid and shake well for 3 minutes.
Put in freezer for 10 days. Shake 3x per day. (at least once - I get pretty forgetful)

Day 10: Secure the cheese cloth over the mouth of a clean mason jar with the elastic.
Slowly pour the mixture into a measuring cup then squeeze as much of the tincture out of the cheesecloth as possible. (a potato ricer works well)

Put a coffee or tea straining paper into a funnel and strain into a measuring cup. You may want to do it twice to get a more refined product.
Note: There will be a lost of liquid from absorption into the leaves, cloth and filters and evaporation.
Pour into bottles, store in a cool dark place.

Dosage
Note: Dependent on the quality of material and the method, your tincture could contain upwards of 60 percent THC (that's a lot). It is important to start small.
Dosage may change with each batch due to cannabis batch number and production variances.
Place a few drops (8 is good to start) under your tongue**and wait. If it doesn't give you the desired effect, wait an hour and a half (minimum) before consuming more. Record the dosage that works.

**I find the alcohol harsh so I mix it with an ounce of juice or water.

Last edited by Dove96 on Fri 29 Jan 2016, 14:09; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added information and missed a comma)
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

GTA gets its first medical marijuana consultation centre - Page 2 Empty Ways to Prepare Cannabis for Medicinal Use: Part I Decarboxylating

Post by Dove96 Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:24

Many recipes call for Decarboxylating the Cannabis as step 1.

Decarboxylation is a chemical reaction which takes place during the drying and curing process.
The dehydration and heat directly affect the conversion of THCA into THC, as well as determining the presence of other cannabinoids. Proper decarboxylation helps ensure the highest final yield of THC.

Decarboxylation takes place as marijuana is being burned when smoking or vaping.
Alternately evenly heating (baking) to a temperature of 222 F or higher will suffice.

Why decarboxylate marijuana?
This process can be used if you are cold processessing cannabis for ingestion or topicals.

Equipment:
Covered Dish: Pyrex is good or a pie plate covered with tin foil

Directions
Grind cannabis according to use. Normally medium/fine is good.
Place ground cannabis in even layer on pyrex dish then cover.
Note: If the cannabis is not fully dry put dish in 200° oven for 15 minutes take out stir then proceed.
Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F
Put in centre rack of oven.
Bake for 30 minutes: Shake/stir at 15 min to break it up and make sure it "cooks" evenly
Remove from oven Keep covered until cool Store in airtight container until use.

Uses: baking: brownies, cookies. Tincture, oil and honey recipes.
1 tsp in oatmeal or a PB sandwich or put finely ground into capsules.

Last edited by Dove96 on Fri 29 Jan 2016, 13:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changing title)
Dove96
Dove96
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Fri 29 Jan 2016, 07:06

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/cash-crop-legal-pot-worth-up-to-dollar5b-a-year/ar-BBoOYfp?li=AAggNb9&ocid=SNYDHP

$5 billion dollars of underground revenue now in the hand of GOC.  

First step complete.  
Getting total control of this drug that was easily accessible on the streets and now having it distributed legally through a licenced provider....awesome move!
Taxes on a product that can grow on its own and that can redevelop itself at no cost to GOC.
Any injured soldiers?

We are all worth it.  Arguments aside, the promises that were all made should all be implemented (how can they not?).  
You do not prance yourself on National television and announce changes to benefits and not make a move. It doesn't make any sense.
Fear of no money in the budget?  Tourist, cheap dollar?  Place know for love and peace globally? Legal Marijuana?
$ $ $
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Dec 2015, 17:09

Whatever gets you through the night Trooper!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Dec 2015, 16:37

Yeah I agree with you bruce...CM 's are there to help in any way they can...an provide support...here is a fair response if anyone's CM is questioning - or down playing the use of Medical Marijuana...you can simply say that your doctor has prescribed it , an in the doctors office you witness the credentials of that doctor therefore have chosen to listen to what that doctor say's an prescribes , end of story.

With respect to if Medical Marijuana works or not well only the person using it can answer that...one way of looking at it is if it works for you , it works , an that's the end of it.
If it doesn't work for you , you can search for other alternatives in the prescribed form keeping in mind the possibility of side affects that can occur which sometimes ends up being the only alternative.

If there's one thing I have learned over the years when it comes to medication is that not everyone reacts the same in terms of it's effectiveness an side affects , so what works for one does not necessarily mean that it will work for others.

I personally have found that some herbs work if not just as good as some medications , in some cases better without the side affects of taken the prescribed medication...DVA doesn't cover the cost of herbs but for me you can't put a cost on your health...so I have both in hand an when the side affects get too bad I ingest some herbs.

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 07 Dec 2015, 13:18

Stupidity has not limits. They shi* on the hand that feeds them. Without us/veterans whom they supposed to serve they have not job.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Dec 2015, 13:10

As far as I'm concerned CM's exist solely to help facilitate the benefits that veterans qualify for and should keep their opinions to themselves. My old CM used to argue with me when I told her that the Harper government was screwing us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Mon 07 Dec 2015, 13:02

Why do cm even have an opinion about what a medical doctor prescribed ? It's mind blowing really !

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Slaket Mon 07 Dec 2015, 13:00

I have had two different CM's say that they are not sure if it works or not and therefore don't really agree with it....
My answer..well since I started using Med Jane..I have decreased my meds by a 3rd and plan on decreasing them even more...

Guess they are right and that's why they are CM's... My bad!

Should have listened and not investigated..researched..and obtained the prescription by myself..No thanks to them..

Slaket
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2015-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Dec 2015, 12:20

Czerv, my CM tried to down play the benefits of medical marijuana too. However, my psychologist and the prescribing doctor disagreed with VAC and that's all it took to make things happen along with help from Marijuana for Trauma.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next