Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PHILIPPE LUCAS ON THE CANADIAN MEDICAL CANNABIS COUNCIL AND PATIENT ADVOCACY

+3
peep
Panserbjørn
Dannypaj
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PHILIPPE LUCAS ON THE CANADIAN MEDICAL CANNABIS COUNCIL AND PATIENT ADVOCACY Empty PHILIPPE LUCAS ON THE CANADIAN MEDICAL CANNABIS COUNCIL AND PATIENT ADVOCACY

Post by bigrex Wed 08 Jun 2016, 20:55

Ebay has quite a few vaporizers, even some shipping from within Canada. You can even watch youtube videos on how to use them. As far as a grinder is concerned, you can get them off Ebay as well, or a local smoke shop, without worrying about getting shot, because they are also used for pipe tobacco.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

PHILIPPE LUCAS ON THE CANADIAN MEDICAL CANNABIS COUNCIL AND PATIENT ADVOCACY Empty Re: PHILIPPE LUCAS ON THE CANADIAN MEDICAL CANNABIS COUNCIL AND PATIENT ADVOCACY

Post by peep Wed 08 Jun 2016, 18:47

This is northern Alberta. You go to the mall and ask,mother shoot you on site. Good site. Ok need grinder info. I guess I need one. Any recommendations?
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

PHILIPPE LUCAS ON THE CANADIAN MEDICAL CANNABIS COUNCIL AND PATIENT ADVOCACY Empty Re: PHILIPPE LUCAS ON THE CANADIAN MEDICAL CANNABIS COUNCIL AND PATIENT ADVOCACY

Post by Rifleman Wed 08 Jun 2016, 18:39

I just went to local smoke shop at a mall and they had everything you could need there

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2016, 18:13

Try given these guys a call peep ;

https://cannabis.ca/

Other CSAT Members may be able to guide you to a better place to purchase.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Wed 08 Jun 2016, 09:47

Thanks, I do not own a babe, and have not yet received my first order so kinda of a newbi. The info is good thanks, but I live in Belize or Northern Alberta where I am right now. Where do you find a grinder or a vape? Did you order on line?
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 08 Jun 2016, 08:58

"G PRO HERBAL VAPPORIZER HAPPY HAPPY TIMES"

Lol. Is it just me, or does that not sound like a Japanese cartoon?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rifleman Wed 08 Jun 2016, 06:56

I use a bud grinder and grind it up just don't grind it up to fine and vape away the vape I use is called G PRO HERBAL VAPPORIZER HAPPY HAPPY TIMES

Rifleman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Tue 07 Jun 2016, 22:54

Peep, not to be a smart ass, but there are quite a few different types of vaporizers on the market. Just follow the directions on the one you have chosen. Just don't pack it too tightly.

Sabrelove

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Tue 07 Jun 2016, 20:33

I just got my prescription and paperwork in. From what I am reading here it only comes in dryed grass for vetrins? How do you put it in a vape?
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 Mon 06 Jun 2016, 15:54

Among veterans, opioid prescription requests down in step with rise in medical pot

MIKE HAGER
VANCOUVER — The Globe and Mail
Published Monday, Jun. 06, 2016 1:53PM EDT
Last updated Monday, Jun. 06, 2016 2:09PM EDT

Fewer Canadian veterans have sought prescription opioids and tranquillizers in recent years, while at the same time prescriptions for medical marijuana have skyrocketed.

It is not clear whether the two are related, but the trend echoes what researchers have found in U.S. states with medical-cannabis laws.

New data provided to The Globe and Mail by Veterans Affairs Canada show that over the past four years, the number of veterans prescribed benzodiazepines – with brands such as Xanax, Ativan and Valium – had decreased nearly 30 per cent. Opioid prescriptions also shrank almost 17 per cent during that same period.

In a report last month, the Auditor-General warned Veterans Affairs to rein in spending on its coverage of medical marijuana. Government reimbursements for veterans’ pot prescriptions had ballooned from fewer than a hundred patients costing $284,000 four years ago to more than 1,700 former soldiers charging the department $20-million last fiscal year.

This set of statistics is too small and unrefined to prove any concrete links between the use of the three drugs. But American research showing significant declines in opioid overdoses where medical marijuana has been legalized suggests that people may be substituting these oft-abused medicines with cannabis, according to Thomas Kerr, a researcher with the B.C. Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS.

“This isn’t surprising and we’re seeing the same effect all over the place measured in different ways,” Dr. Kerr said. (Earlier this year, Dr. Kerr and his colleagues at the centre urged the Canadian medical establishment to embrace giving medical marijuana to pain patients instead of frequently abused opioids.)

The groups organizing hundreds of veterans in Atlantic Canada to take advantage of the country’s most robust medical-marijuana coverage have long argued that the drug was replacing other – more harmful – pharmaceuticals such as opioids (for pain relief) and benzodiazepines (for anxiety and insomnia).

Benedikt Fischer, senior scientist at Toronto’s Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, said pain and sleep issues are the most common reasons medical marijuana is prescribed.

“There’s definitely overlap in the conditions and symptoms for which marijuana as well as opioids and benzos are being used,” Dr. Fischer said.

Since 2008, the number of Canadians taking prescription sedatives – including benzodiazepines, but also sleep aids such as zopiclone – has remained steady at roughly 10 per cent, according to a bulletin issued last July by the the government-funded Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse. While illicit opioid use has skyrocketed in recent years, the number of Canadians prescribed to this class of heavy painkillers has dropped from about 21 per cent in 2008 to 15 per cent in 2013, according to that same bulletin, which provides the latest data available.

Still, Dr. Fischer said newer data from the general population and a more rigorous analysis of the Veterans Affairs statistics is needed before any causality can be suggested.

A spokesperson for Veterans Affairs said in an e-mailed statement that this new “data does not allow the department to make any conclusions about the use of marijuana for medical purposes and the usage of other drugs.”

Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr declined a request for an interview on the subject last week, but he previously stated that he has accepted all of the Auditor-General’s recommendations to create stricter controls on the program. Mr. Hehr has promised an update in the coming months to an ongoing internal review of medical-marijuana use among former soldiers.

Last fiscal year, 1,762 veterans used the only publicly funded plan in the country for medical marijuana. Groups that represent them offer a small, but lucrative, patient base for Canada’s two dozen licensed producers, which are fighting for their share of a competitive market while facing pressure from an illegal dispensary sector that has spread east from Vancouver.

Mike Southwell, co-founder of the controversial New Brunswick-based Marijuana For Trauma (MFT) organization, said veterans who use his eight clinics say they much prefer cannabis to the pharmaceuticals.

“Most of them have been coming off of over 80 per cent of their [opioid and benzodiazepine] medications,” said Mr. Southwell, a veteran who said he has dropped a handful of other drug prescriptions and now consumes about seven grams a day of cannabis to treat his post-traumatic stress disorder and back pain.

On average, last year’s marijuana prescriptions cost Veterans Affairs much more per patient ($11,656) than opioids ($316) or benzodiazepines ($73), according to government data.

Mr. Southwell said these costs are offset by former soldiers regaining their sex drive and ditching erectile dysfunction prescriptions – also covered by Ottawa – as well as a myriad of other benefits that come from using only medical cannabis.

“We’ve got testimonials rolling every day: ‘I got my husband back.’ ‘I got my life back.’ ‘I’m able to feel again.’ ‘I’m able to love again.’ I’m able to move again.’ ‘I’m able to sleep again,’ ” he said. “Those are amazing statements.”

James Grant, a 79-year-old veteran living in a suburb of Charlottetown, said he has been able to get at least six hours of uninterrupted sleep and play a full 18 holes of golf since he got a prescription for cannabis capsules through a Marijuana For Trauma clinic a month ago.

He said his life has become immeasurably better since using cannabis because he no longer is “gobbling extra-strength Tylenols” to help fill gaps in his pain medication.

But he doesn’t want to take the chance of regressing, so he said he will continue to take an opioid (a Butrans patch administering buprenorphine) for excruciating arthritis in his back and two benzodiazepine sleeping pills each night (Temazepam) so that he never wakes up to traumatic flashbacks.

“The capsules are the thing for me,” he said, adding that they have also helped his bowel movements become more regular. “I know what I have experienced before and I don’t want to go down that road.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/among-veterans-opioid-prescription-requests-down-in-step-with-rise-in-medical-pot/article30285591/

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 337
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:09

Bigrex, also check out the Cannimed website.  They were the initial suppliers of MM and my hubby stayed with them. There product is milled so you don't have to grind it up and also now offer oil in three combinations of THC and CBDs. They also sell the Arizer vaporizer which hubby is extremely happy with, and so am I.  The house doesn't smell like marijuana when he vapes, so no longer bothers me.

At this time VAC doesn't cover oil products, but it is well worth the cost for my hubby.  He uses the CBD one with no THC and the pain from his arthritis has been reduced dramatically.

Sabrelove

Last edited by sabrelove on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 19:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell for $h!#)

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:35

Thanks. I'm not too worried about it though, since compared to the dilaudid, MM would be a lot easier to purchase once I was down there, if I was to travel. But honestly, the MM prescription is federally registered, is it not? That was why you used to have to get it from a from an approved supplier. So if that is the case, it shouldn't matter if you pay for it, or VAC pays for it, because it would show up on your file either way, if it was going to show up at all.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:19

It's all up to you, if you want to go to dispensary and pick up that's your choice! I paid for my own vape so I don't know , to be honest with you I pay for my own medicine , my provider keeps telling me to claim it thru Vac but I still have that paranoid feeling about the whole government thing, meaning I have never trusted Vac , maybe I'm wrong but I myself at this point don't want any records of myself using because I like to travel with myself and family to the USA and Caribbean and can't take a chance of being flagged at the border. Another thing is even once you get your card from your provider never take any across the border because the USA doesn't care if your prescribed or not , fast ticket to jail, lol

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 03 Jun 2016, 10:10

Sleep? What's that? I vaguely remember something like that from years ago. lol.  Do you need to have it shipped, or can you go pick it up? I have a dispensary just down the street from me. So instead of driving 2 minutes to go get my mail, I can just drive 5 minutes and stop in there when I need to.

Also, will VAC pay for the vaporizer, or is that something you bought on your own?
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex Member Fri 03 Jun 2016, 09:46

Ya, I use dried and get the pot shipped by Canada Post right to my house. You just put a little into the vape and it vaporizer it and you just suck it in. Fast and easy , I use no pain pills at all anymore. My supplier , Mettrum , you get a online account , kinda like My Vac and you can pick out different kinds , I use a very low thc blend but if you want you can get a very high level one. You'll notice a difference in days, especially sleep

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum