Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec Empty Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec

Post by red510 Sun 11 Dec 2016, 11:38

Cannimed has indicated that they will make good on the price difference between $8.50 and their prices for all veterans. They responded to me by email after I asked them about the difference in price between their oils and the $8.50 cap that VAC has placed on all MMJ. Their high CBD oil is about $11-12 / gram. Time will tell how long they honour this commitment.

red510
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2016-04-21

Back to top Go down

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec Empty Re: Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec

Post by Vet1234 Sun 11 Dec 2016, 10:38

Anyone notice how Aphria's selection is garbage lately?
Also, you need to toggle between Aphria and Cannway, to see all the strains??
frustrating.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 11 Dec 2016, 07:50

Aristotle — ‘He who cannot be a good follower cannot be a good leader.’

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130115111553.htm

Have a read.

Funny storey.
Leaving my appointment, I tell the doc that I stand behind her as I stated to her that she is named in a few places online. With a chuckle I looked back and said no, no! Actually we "I" stand in front of you and support all your effort of cutting the red tape.

And being stuck as an Able Seaman (Private,Gunner for you army/air force type), I'll be an excellent follower Wink
Kick out your elite medically and allow them to live with the wolves, eh! 13 years of being scared for my wellbeing.

Integration! Never will this happen with this guy and apologize now for it now, will just call it a mental health issue.
But, for those who served, they will only know the reality of leaving the CAF and leaving a militarized community.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 11 Dec 2016, 07:17

PS, my IMO on MMJ.
It will become a recreational money maker, but we'll see 'if' the changes better our lives?  Money will  come flowing into the treasury board, billions upon billion and all on a renewable resource period.
Apparently, what is being posted on social media is that the injured are getting off the pills as well "and not just Tylenol". Bye, Bye Opiates.
Good thing.
Keep chugging away brothers and sisters.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Sun 11 Dec 2016, 07:02

This little Pierre is a son to a Prime Minister and now is in charge, but gives piss poor treatment to us veterans (SURF THE WEB).
This is unbecoming.
Myself, Little Pierre son of an Airborne and lived with the real Heroes of Canada not "joe politician" and served as well, will encourage those in the upper echelons to listen to their veterans community, hence we are worth a million votes.
Social media, just sharing is caring.
http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/justin-trudeau-is-just-not-that-into-you/ar-AAlgS3A?li=AAggFp5&ocid=SNYDHP
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec Empty First Marijuana for Trauma Centre opens its doors in Winnipeg

Post by Guest Sat 10 Dec 2016, 15:45

December 10, 2016 4:15 pm

First Marijuana for Trauma Centre opens its doors in Winnipeg

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec Zahra-premji-bio-pic By Zahra Premji

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec Marijuana-for-trauma-inc
Manitoba's first Marijuana for Trauma Inc. Wellness Centre opened Dec.10,2016.

WINNIPEG — With the opening of the new centre in Winnipeg, Marijuana for Trauma Inc. now operates 13 wellness centres across Canada.

MTF was created in 2013 as a place for Canadian veterans to get the help and therapy needed after serving our country.

The Canadian veteran-owned and operated company facilitates the access to trained professionals and cannabinoid therapy programs and wellness services to those living with PTSD after serving.

This centre will also help those suffering with chronic pain and other conditions.

Operators of the centres want Canadians to know that it is by no means considered a dispensary.

The 13 locations MTF Inc. has opened across Canada provides health-related services to more than 2,000 veterans.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3119231/first-marijuana-for-trauma-centre-opens-its-doors-in-winnipeg/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 09 Dec 2016, 06:36

Does anyone know if anyone has initiated legal action on arguing against the 3 gram limit? I thought I saw something in the news about a constitutional challenge.

And what do veterans think about the limit and or legal action?

Is there even a case to be made for legal action?

Should there be legal action or should we accept the government's position?

Back to top Go down

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec Empty Canadian Vets Love Their Medical Marijuana

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2016, 17:41

Canadian Vets Love Their Medical Marijuana

By Chloe Sommers Dec 8, 2016

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec Rsz-canadian-vets-love-their-medical-marijuana-640x401

Canadian veterans have been legally medicating with medical marijuana since 2013 and are being reimbursed by their government for up to ten grams a day.

It’s part of their national move to go green.

But the costs are adding up – and officials are about to enforce a cap on the daily allowance from ten grams, to three a day.

Initially, the yearly cost to the Canadian government was a couple thousand dollars for about a hundred vets; now there’s more than a thousand vets medicating with MILLIONS of dollars’ worth of cannabis.

Between April and September of 2016 alone, Veterans Affairs Canada spent about $31 million on cannabis for medical purposes – $10 million more than the entire year before.

It’s not going to happen overnight

Veterans will have until May 22, 2017 to adjust, and if deemed necessary, a medical professional can submit an application with an explanation to the department for additional medical marijuana. Any recommended medical marijuana over the three grams must be paid for by the patient.

In preparation for the cap, the Canadian agency announced they will establish a price point of up to $8.50 per gram. It’s to create a fair market value price for what veterans are charged, and what the department is spending when they ultimately pick up the prescription bill.

According to Veterans Affairs Canada, “while cost savings is a secondary consideration to the health and well-being of Veterans, the Auditor General made it clear that Veterans Affairs Canada is also required to ensure good value for money in the administration of its programs.”

The program is only good for dried marijuana, fresh marijuana, and cannabis oil when it is purchased from a licensed producer in Canada. Home grows do not apply. However, they do throw in a free vaporizer for qualifying veterans!

It’s a sign of the marijuana times that the Canadian government is pivoting in-step with the lessons learned from their medical marijuana market.

Recreational legalization in Canada

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is on board with the program, and wants to take it a step further with national legalization in 2017.

The reasons behind his promise to bring legal adult-use is two pronged: Babies, and the black market.

“…whatever you might think or studies seen about cannabis being less harmful than alcohol or even cigarettes, the fact is it is bad for the developing brain and we need to make sure that it’s harder for underage Canadians to access marijuana. And that will happen under a controlled and regulated regime.”

Unfortunately, Canada was number one when it comes to underage access to marijuana, according to a United Nations study.

“The other piece of it is there are billions upon billions of dollars flowing into the pockets of organized crime, street gangs and gun-runners, because of the illicit marijuana trade, and if we can get that out of the criminal elements and into a more regulated fashion we will reduce the amount of criminal activity that’s profiting from those, and that has offshoots into so many other criminal activities. So those are my focuses on that.”

The Canadian task force charged with publishing their legalization recommendations is almost ready for review. It could be submitted any week now.

“…our focus is on protecting kids and protecting our streets,” added PM Trudeau.

https://www.marijuanatimes.org/canadian-vets-love-their-medical-marijuana/

Back to top Go down

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec Empty Greg Price Veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces

Post by Guest Thu 08 Dec 2016, 11:57

Greg Price Veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces

I threw myself to VAC when I got Diagnosed with PTSD. 5 years in treatment with 3 stays at the Ste-Anne de Bellevue Veterans Hospital. They filled me with all sorts of Pharmaceuticals. I my weight skyrocketed to 127.7kg or 281.5 pounds. I got Diabetes from the weight gain.
I had to leave this country to escape the grasp VAC that was trying to kill me. Nothing was working. Yes, they would stabilize or should I say, SEDATE me but It would always end up with my issues coming back and worse.
When I was in the south, I used the sunlight, fresh fruits, meditation, and peaceful living to get back to health. I stopped all Pharmaceuticals and shed the weight. My diet change healed my Diabetes.
I come back to this country, due to my issues with VAC and again, the OSI clinic push their drugs. I asked to go Natural with Cannabis and they sent me to rehab, La Casa en Quebec.
I thought they were going to try and finish me off so I stopped all treatments offered by VAC and their BS OSI clinics.
I called MFT and like they do for all veterans, they hooked me up with the right doctor. The Doc gauged me and closely for the few months. I was smoking 5g a day but still had issues. The doc boosted it to 10g so I can make my oils. I need a heavy dose in the morning and at night. I smoke during my day when I feel stressed or anxious.
10g a day at $12.50 /g
Now with Kent Hehr's BRILLIANT by limiting us to our medication, I will be responsible for the cost of 80% of my meds. Do the math.
I need 10g a day and Kent Hehr limits me to 3g a day.
Also I pay $12.50 a gram and Kent Hehr limits me to $8.50
Do you see OUR Dilemma Kent Hehr????
Dumb ass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2016, 13:36

404 error code on the link

Back to top Go down

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec Empty Kevin Whitenect

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2016, 12:14

Kevin Whitenect
Toronto, ON

Brothers and Sisters,
A call to action.
"Click the link below to find your member of parliament using your postal code. Call, email, or write a letter to your Member of Parliament along with the Minister of Veterans Affairs directly (minster_ministre@vac-acc.gc.ca) to request that the new reimbursement policy for medical cannabis be lifted. I urge Minister Hehr to carry out his departments mandate of repaying the nation's debt of gratitude toward those whose courageous efforts have contributed to our growth as a nation."

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Default.aspx?Language=E

Last edited by Trooper on Wed 07 Dec 2016, 15:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Input new link)

Back to top Go down

Roy Green show on MMJ @ 4min10sec Empty Veterans feel more action is needed by the Trudeau government

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2016, 15:49

Veterans feel more action is needed by the Trudeau government

GLOBAL NATIONAL December 1 2016 5:50pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2016, 06:07

Global News

A veterans advocacy group said they are tired of seeing their “brothers and sisters suffer” after an announcement by Veterans Affairs Minister Kent Hehr that the amount of medical marijuana provided to vets per day will be reduced. The group went on to say the government is using vets for their own gain.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1993firebird Fri 02 Dec 2016, 18:52

Congrats bruce72.

1993firebird
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Dec 2016, 16:16

My script was renewed at 5 grams a day for the time being a few days ago