Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

+11
By the Bay
RCN-Retired
Cookie
Slaket
Rifleman
bosn181
bigrex
Willie
johnny211
Rustytheviking
Vet1234
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Family Caregiver Relief Benefit - Page 5 Empty Re: Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

Post by Rustytheviking Sat 21 Jan 2017, 23:26

Thanks. I found that sparing no detail when filling out the forms helped, like having to be prompted for showering, doctors appointments and being the first line when the suicidal thoughts creep in.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2017-01-17

Back to top Go down

Family Caregiver Relief Benefit - Page 5 Empty Re: Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

Post by Vet1234 Sat 21 Jan 2017, 22:58

We'll it's nice to have you here! I'm getting sick of telling my story to VAC. This forum has been my lifeline. I learn from the people here and share my experiences and dealings with VAC to help everyone else Smile
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sat 21 Jan 2017, 22:48

I have ptsd, as well as a brain injury. I have a da awaiting decision for the brain injury, but they don't give me a hard time about it. I describe all the dirty details that my wife has to do for me, so hopefully that helps

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sat 21 Jan 2017, 20:17

I agree fully with you both. I know of only one Vet friend who got this. And he deserves it, as a IED survivor. As a TPI Vet, I was denied twice. The ADL,s are not geared to mental issues, such as PTSD and others. But as you say, this is part of there bluff to joe civi, when these policies are announced. Johnny Out, VVV,,
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 21 Jan 2017, 19:19

Wow. It thought it was a myth
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rustytheviking Sat 21 Jan 2017, 19:02

I've received it two years in a row now. Or should I say my wife has. I know there are others out there who get it, but it's probably a small amount.

Rustytheviking
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 16:39

Vet1234,

Interesting, Joseph Angelini, the Veteran who spoke up at the PM's town hall was also denied this same benefit as stated in my post below in your comments this morning.

This is a clear example of the bureaucrats making up legislation to make the VAC system look superb in all of what they bring forward in terms of benefits, when very few actually get approved.

It's a joke, and they need to be brought out to light for the public to see for themselves how the VAC system really mistreats it's disabled Veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Sat 21 Jan 2017, 16:17

HA!
anyone ever received this?
I applied and was denied. As far as I'm concerned my application was clear in identifying my need as far as ADL criteria outlined in the policy. My denial letter was not clear as to what they considered and why it was denied.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Family Caregiver Relief Benefit - Page 5 Empty Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 15:14

Family Caregiver Relief Benefit

The new Family Caregiver Relief Benefit (FCRB) provides eligible Veterans with a tax-free lump sum grant. This benefit ensures Veterans continue to get the support they need when their informal caregivers are temporarily unavailable. It allows an informal caregiver to take time off and recharge or attend to their own health and well-being, while the Veteran's needs are still being provided for in his or her absence.

Eligibility details

You may qualify for the FCRB if you have a disability award and:

1. you have an informal caregiver to assist you with your illness or injuries related to your disability award.

2. your need for care is ongoing (expected to last at least 12 months).

3. your informal caregiver is 18 years of age or older and is not paid for providing or coordinating your care.

4. you are not a permanent resident of a nursing home or long-term care facility.

This program is only available to recipients of a disability award. If you have a disability pension or POW compensation of 1% or more, you can apply for Attendance allowance. Similar to the FCRB, the Attendance allowance is a significant benefit available when you need help with daily living tasks and are considered totally disabled.

Do you have both a disability award and a disability pension of 1% or more?

If you have both a disability award and a disability pension of 1% or more, you are not eligible for FCRB, but you may be eligible for Attendance allowance.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/health/family-caregiver-relief-benefit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5