Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Earnings Loss Benefit

4 posters

Go down

Earnings Loss Benefit Empty Re: Earnings Loss Benefit

Post by bog6 Sat 27 May 2017, 10:07

Thanks for the confirmation.

bog6

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 05:47

bog6 wrote:Hi here is a good question

3B release, awarded benefits with VAC, found a civie job, my condition deteriorated, had to leave employment, went on ELB. decided to remove all in a lump sum pension earnings (invest half and cash other) from civie employment. Now do i advise ELB finance  of those pension earnings???

Read the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Regulations (SOR/2006-50), just confused a bit.

bog6

Earnings Loss Benefit - Determination of Variable “B”: Amounts from Prescribed Sources

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/1063

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefit Empty ELB and Pension Earnings

Post by bog6 Sat 27 May 2017, 01:23

Hi here is a good question

3B release, awarded benefits with VAC, found a civie job, my condition deteriorated, had to leave employment, went on ELB. decided to remove all in a lump sum pension earnings (invest half and cash other) from civie employment. Now do i advise ELB finance of those pension earnings???

Read the Canadian Forces Members and Veterans Re-establishment and Compensation Regulations (SOR/2006-50), just confused a bit.

bog6

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Mon 27 Mar 2017, 16:03

Thanks Prawnstar. I have been declared TPI so good to know that there is no cut off notices expected.

loggie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by prawnstar Mon 27 Mar 2017, 12:04

Loggie, I would just add that the TPI is Totally and PERMANENTLY, injured. So unless you suddenly aren't permanently injured there would be no reason for them to cut you off ELB. Same with PIA and PIA supp. ELB currently stops at 65 but PIA and supp are for life.

prawnstar
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 296
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Mon 27 Mar 2017, 11:13

Thanks Bigrex I appreciate your info. I have not been cut-off or notified I was just wondering what the policy was.
Thanks again and keep well

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 25 Mar 2017, 10:55

There is a mechanism to remove someone from ELB, but it is quite extensive, because they would need to prove that you are no longer TPI. But I believe that there are rules that they cannot cancel a benefit after the age of 60, so I believe that you are safe, unless they have already notified that your benefit is being cut off.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by loggie Sat 25 Mar 2017, 10:04

Once you are on ELB can they take you off? I have been declared totally and permanently impaired and am 59. Is there any chance it can be cancelled?

loggie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Earnings Loss Benefit Empty Earnings Loss Benefit

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jan 2017, 16:38

Earnings Loss Benefit

The Earnings Loss Benefit is a taxable, monthly benefit that ensures your total income will be at least 90% of your gross pre-release military salary.

Do I qualify?

You may qualify if you are a Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) Veteran taking part in VAC rehabilitation services.

The benefit is also available to qualified survivors and dependents.

How to apply

Your VAC case manager can assist you with your application.

If you do not have a case manager, the staff at any VAC office or Integrated Personnel Support Centre (IPSC) can assist you.

You can also fill out the application and mail it to us.

If you are currently a recipient of the Canadian Armed Forces Long Term Disability (CAF LTD) program, please fill out this application and send it to us. Please include the Manulife Member Statement that was sent to you by the Canadian Armed Forces.

OR

If you are registered for My VAC Account, you can apply online now. You can also track the status of your application through My VAC Account. If you aren’t registered, why wait? Register today.

Important Information
The benefit is paid until you have completed your rehabilitation plan or have reached age 65. After that, you may qualify for the Canadian Forces Income Support.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/transition/rehabilitation/earnings-loss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down