Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook

3 posters

Go down

Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook Empty Getting in touch!

Post by Guest Fri 31 Mar 2017, 14:16

Posted By Kent Hehr on Facebook

THURSDAY, MARCH 30, 2017

I am aware that many of you have questions about the Veterans Affairs file. I would like to assure each and every one of you that I am aware of your concerns and continue to work hard to deliver on what is important to you.

While my office does not have the resources to track and respond to each and every comment or questions posted as comments on Facebook, we are able to respond to questions sent in the following way – direct messages on Facebook, MP email address: kent.hehr@parl.gc.ca or ministerial email address: minister-ministre@vac-acc.gc.ca

If you would like more information about Services and Benefits available to Veterans, as well as recent activities and initiatives I have undertaken as the Minister of Veterans Affairs, please visit the Veterans Affairs website: http://veterans.gc.ca/ and newsroom: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/news

My VAC Account: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/e_services is also a great way to get in touch with Veterans Affairs Canada. You can also use this tool to submit your claims and track the progress of your requests. There is also the general inquiry line: 1-866-522-2122.

If you are in need of mental health assistance, Veterans can reach a mental health professional 24/7 by calling 1-800-268-7708. Veterans also have access to a network of OSI clinics across Canada where they can speak to someone in person. You can also go to a VAC office near you: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/contact/map or visit an IPSC: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/information-for/caf/ipsc

If you have any questions regarding Budget 2017, or want additional information on the new benefits we are introducing, please visit: http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/budget

I am always happy to hear from Veterans, and I know my team will try its best to answer the inquiries we receive in a timely fashion.

Back to top Go down

Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook Empty Re: Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook

Post by Dannypaj Fri 31 Mar 2017, 05:40

Society doesn't understand.
We need them to hear us and for GoC to stop BSing us.
Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook 17626210

Thanks Kevin S.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook Empty MVA FB page "Getting in touch" - Or Not

Post by johnny211 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 21:05

Looks like the MVA cannnot take constructive comments on his FB page.
Today he posted his Fb rules, then he has 84 plus comments or ?
Maybe he is feeling the heat. Or not?
Out, VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook Empty Re: Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook

Post by Dannypaj Thu 30 Mar 2017, 05:50

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU! WE WANT OUR PENSION ACT RESTORED!
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 29 Mar 2017, 06:04

All we want is a clear and concise explanation to what the frack is happening.  

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2017/03/28/roadkill-spam-veterans-affairs-minister-kent-hehrs-page-disrespects-deletes-legitimate-post/

Revert back to the Pension Act!
 For all the Jacks and PMs who "had" no authority to change our bill of rights prior to it being forced upon our injured members in order to instill their full control (during a war at that).

Someone ask the MVA this in Parliament:

Why all the secureness behind this so called injured veteran's pension?
Soldiers are being toyed with every step of the way!
Look at the PM's promise and what it has morphed into because of lack of communication!
AND Explain in your own words and not scripted, please and thank you.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 04 Mar 2017, 15:13

Just my own personal opinion here. I can truly appreciate how some internet social media can be a very positive communication tool that has benefited a lot of us. Heck, I'm typing on one Smile

I'm just old school, odd duck or something... and can have respect, decorum without having to be cussing around. But do not have time for facebook footsies.

Now our MVA's facebook page is reflective of the same rules and then something. But If one has a REAL beef that puts him in bad light, he will deflect you to VaC.
Of course THAT is for all to see on his facebook...

VaC going to facebook ? Ludicrous. Time will prove me right.

Stay well everyone...
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook Empty Community Guidelines

Post by Guest Fri 03 Mar 2017, 17:47

Community Guidelines

KENT HEHR·THURSDAY, MARCH 2, 2017

My friends,
Thank you for taking the time to engage with me on social media. As Calgary Centre’s MP, and as Canada’s Minister of Veterans Affairs, I want to hear and understand your stories. Your voices help to shape my work, and your values help to shape our country. Without a frank, dynamic and informed dialogue – whether in person, over the phone, by letters and emails, or through social media – it is impossible for me to do my job. I am truly grateful for your tireless advocacy.

If you are posting to my Facebook page, please respect that this is a place of fair political comment and for me to communicate with constituents. There have been legitimate instances when my staff have, within reason, resorted to removing individuals from my page in order to stop profane, discriminatory or threatening behaviour which violates guidelines set out by my office and by Facebook. I am taking this opportunity to share with you the guidelines for this page which my staff use to moderate comments and communicate with my stakeholders, constituents and Canadians at large.

1. Be respectful of one another.

2. No profane or defamatory language.

3. No hateful or discriminatory comments which are meant to harass, threaten, or abuse others.

4. Do not spam. Spam is an irrelevant or inappropriate message made repeatedly.

5. The best method to contact my constituency office is through email at kent.hehr@parl.gc.ca or by phone at 403.244.1880.

6. The best method for eligible Veterans or their families to receive assistance from the Department of Veterans Affairs is through email at minister-ministre@vac-acc.gc.ca or by phone at 1-866-522-2122. Please avoid posting personal information.

7. If you need mental health support, please reach the mental health assistance line available 24/7 at 1-800-268-7708

My staff will track violations of the above, remove comments in violation and notify individuals when and why a comment is removed. After three violations, my staff will remove the individual from this page. These guidelines are not dissimilar to those that Facebook uses itself.

I love political debate and I believe that disagreement, expressed fairly and respectfully, is a hallmark of our democracy. But I must be firm against hate and abuse, and I will not tolerate it here. My staff are committed to protecting this space, and also to ensuring that the above guidelines are followed carefully. I trust that you will do your part, and commit to a constructive and respectful dialogue with me and with other members of this growing and vital community.

Yours truly,

Kent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2017, 12:22

I'm on the same page as you Danny and always appreciate your posts and comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Tue 28 Feb 2017, 11:12

Glad I am not the only one thinking about the above said issues  "It drives me crazy, that the minister and his massive Communication Dept, cannot "Communicate". If they posted weekly updates on where there are on life pension work, New Pia policy's, math for retro, that would ease some of our concerns. And blocking us just because we ask a question?"

I hope it is all figured out and we can stop being disappointed.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2017, 11:01

I hear you johnny. This Liberal government is just as secretive as the Conservatives were. Zero transparency as promised during the campaign and no accountability.

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Tue 28 Feb 2017, 09:11

Bruce72 - you are so bang on. I look at his Fb page every day. It's full of everything but Vet issues. In the forces we where used to daily updates on our mission, how we where doing, and when a task would be completed. It drives me crazy, that the minister and his massive Communication Dept, cannot "Communicate". If they posted weekly updates on where there are on life pension work, New Pia policy's, math for retro, that would ease some of our concerns. And blocking us just because we ask a ? He obviously forgets who pays his salary. But for some reason it all appears to be secret, and we are mushrooms..its BS. If you ask this old cranky soldier..Johnny, Out..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2017, 07:36

During the most recent Federal election campaign I hammered away at the Conservative Party on their Facebook page and was subsequently banned.

I was so pissed off I actually spoke to my lawyer about pursuing legal action against Harper and his band of merry thieves for infringing on my right to freedom of speech.  My lawyer said unfortunately, it is the CONS Facebook page and they can do what they want with it.  Including banning anyone they wish.

Does that make it right or okay?  Of course not,  but that's the reality.  What strategy did I adopt?  I call my Member of Parliament on a weekly basis and voice my concerns about the treatment of Veterans and their families.

Elected officials and their subordinates should never exercise their power to stifle the voices of the people who pay their salaries.  That is just sheer cowardice,  which may explain why almost all politicians have never donned the uniform of the Armed Forces.

Last edited by bruce72 on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 07:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook Empty Minister blocks vets’ advocate on Facebook

Post by Dannypaj Tue 28 Feb 2017, 05:07

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1445657-minister-blocks-vets%E2%80%99-advocate-on-facebook

Dictatorship or Democracy?
Expose these Millionaire Ministers for what they stand for (and that is for themselves).

The time for veterans to increase and apply more pressure on the federal government for their campaign promise of re-establishing pensions for our injured veterans is now.

I have advocated this from the beginning and I strongly emphasize we (veterans) stick together and hold the government accountable.

Networking! It'll help us in more ways than you think.

Do not let the Government of Canada divide us into subcategories, we are all one in the same.

BTW = you will also make great friends whom share the same bonds along your journey.

Bravo ZULU Doug & Kim, outstanding.

I know that there are many more out there who have a lot on their shoulders that need be shared throughout Canadian Medias for all Canadians to see.

Last edited by Dannypaj on Tue 28 Feb 2017, 06:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Same reason as the GoC)
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down